Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by britishspouse
oh really thats good! I read somewhere that they charged £10 ! lol. I might call and check, if its £3 i'll just go straight there then
Well thats what it cost me for my rucksack and that was yesterday! They are really nice in there too!

Also if your interview day was as hot as yesterday wear shorts and a tee to the embassy! it was boiling in there! no air con or fans and i got a headache after 10 minutes of sitting there! It took me 3.5 hours to be approved. Very easy process, just very hot inside!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
Well thats what it cost me for my rucksack and that was yesterday! They are really nice in there too!

Also if your interview day was as hot as yesterday wear shorts and a tee to the embassy! it was boiling in there! no air con or fans and i got a headache after 10 minutes of sitting there! It took me 3.5 hours to be approved. Very easy process, just very hot inside!
awesome I'll have to go there then, thanks for letting me know

Lol not sure with my weight gain id look good in shorts and a tee haha !! But I shall wear light clothes , so thanks for the tip again lol

3.5 hours. wowza. did you take a book or anything in?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

awesome I'll have to go there then, thanks for letting me know

Lol not sure with my weight gain id look good in shorts and a tee haha !! But I shall wear light clothes , so thanks for the tip again lol

3.5 hours. wowza. did you take a book or anything in?
Ok, i nice light dress!

I didnt take a book, the time didnt drag too much as I didnt have a watch so was unaware it!
Everyone was pretty chatty in there so ended up talking to people. I wish i had taken painkillers in with me for my headache though!
I would say the interview was the easiest bit of the whole process. Dont stress too much about it and you will be fine!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Ok, i nice light dress!

I didnt take a book, the time didnt drag too much as I didnt have a watch so was unaware it!
Everyone was pretty chatty in there so ended up talking to people. I wish i had taken painkillers in with me for my headache though!
I would say the interview was the easiest bit of the whole process. Dont stress too much about it and you will be fine!
Hhehe cool. Yeah I'll probably just stay glued to the screens anyway with the number on, or perhaps play one of my own little games like 'guess the persons oocupation, favorite hobby" sounds childish but i love people watching and trying to figure them out haha!

Sorry about your headache I may pop a Tylenol in my pocket just in case.

Yeah thats what ive heard all the build up, then its a bit of an anti climax, until you get your passport back lol.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Hhehe cool. Yeah I'll probably just stay glued to the screens anyway with the number on, or perhaps play one of my own little games like 'guess the persons oocupation, favorite hobby" sounds childish but i love people watching and trying to figure them out haha!
Funny that, i do that as well

Yeah thats what ive heard all the build up, then its a bit of an anti climax, until you get your passport back lol.
For those that have a straight forward application I would agree, but for many who have other concerns can only worry upon them and think if they will be brought up and will the answers they have be sufficient for the CO....
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Funny that, i do that as well

For those that have a straight forward application I would agree, but for many who have other concerns can only worry upon them and think if they will be brought up and will the answers they have be sufficient for the CO....
I thought mine was straight forward, but now im worried my previous VISA will bring up more questions. I shall just have to answer honestly, and accurately and hope it doesnt cause any delays!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, i nice light dress!

Cant wait to hear about your interview!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

I thought mine was straight forward, but now im worried my previous VISA will bring up more questions. I shall just have to answer honestly, and accurately and hope it doesnt cause any delays!
I am same with my 33 year old juvenile conviction which I never thought would be or could be moral turpitude and doctor put me somewhat at ease with regards saying that they wont want to know of that as well as my immigration attorney, but then made me think about it on the coach home when she kept going back to it and not knowing what probation was???

This and a couple of other things, but have the honest answers ready and we will have to wait and see
Old Jun 29th 2011, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Visa just arrived! Thats a 48 hour turnaround! Great! Finally hitting home that Im leaving now! Very excited!
Also had a telephone interview for a dream job on monday, find out if i have got it this week. If i have ill be leaving in a few weeks, otherwise sticking to the september plan! All moving fast now!

So the interview day was a breeze.
I got there at 8am, had an 8:30am appointment time. I would advise anyone to get there as soon as you can. The security told me that the doors open at 7am and it doesnt matter what time your appointment is.
I dropped my rucksack off at Goulds, it cost me 3 quid. I also had some photos done, which cost 7.50.

Queued up to get in the embassy, went in and got my number at reception. You will get a number beginning with an I.
The screens were broken so there was just a man in the middle of the room shouting out numbers. These were all for non immigrant visas, mine was called out on a speaker.

I waited 2 hours before getting called to the first window. I had a huge headache, as there was no air inside the building and it was nearly 100 degrees outside! eek!
Anyway at the first window she had my file there, which was interesting to see all my paperwork ive ever sent sitting there!
She was in no rush to do anything, so i stood there for 15 minutes while she ticked boxes slowly, checked her nails, went to get a drink etc! She then gave me a pink slip and asked to sit back down.
I sat down for about 10 minutes before i was called up again.
Went to a new window. Was asked to swear that my information is the application was true and then we just had a chat! Asked how we met, which led onto discussing drums and punk rock! My interviewer was very cool and said he had been checking out our photos and we looked good! haha!
Chat over he said that the file looked great and that he would be approving me. Told me what to do at the airport and that was it! Done!

I went to pay the courier charge of 14 quid and then left!

Was in and out in 3.5 hours! If you have a interview whilst its hot wear light clothes, take lots of drinks and snacks and painkillers for heat headaches!

Movers coming next Friday and hopefully hear some good news about the job this week!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Visa just arrived! Thats a 48 hour turnaround! Great! Finally hitting home that Im leaving now! Very excited!
Also had a telephone interview for a dream job on monday, find out if i have got it this week. If i have ill be leaving in a few weeks, otherwise sticking to the september plan! All moving fast now!

I got there at 8am, had an 8:30am appointment time. I would advise anyone to get there as soon as you can. The security told me that the doors open at 7am and it doesnt matter what time your appointment is.
I dropped my rucksack off at Goulds, it cost me 3 quid. I also had some photos done, which cost 7.50.

Queued up to get in the embassy, went in and got my number at reception. You will get a number beginning with an I.
The screens were broken so there was just a man in the middle of the room shouting out numbers. These were all for non immigrant visas, mine was called out on a speaker.

I waited 2 hours before getting called to the first window. I had a huge headache, as there was no air inside the building and it was nearly 100 degrees outside! eek!
Anyway at the first window she had my file there, which was interesting to see all my paperwork ive ever sent sitting there!
She was in no rush to do anything, so i stood there for 15 minutes while she ticked boxes slowly, checked her nails, went to get a drink etc! She then gave me a pink slip and asked to sit back down.
Went to a new window. Was asked to swear that my information is the application was true and then we just had a chat! Asked how we met, which led onto discussing drums and punk rock! My interviewer was very cool and said he had been checking out our photos and we looked good! haha!
Chat over he said that the file looked great and that he would be approving me. Told me what to do at the airport and that was it! Done!

Was in and out in 3.5 hours! If you have a interview whilst its hot wear light clothes, take lots of drinks and snacks and painkillers for heat headaches!

Movers coming next Friday and hopefully hear some good news about the job this week!
Wow, what a doddle that was for you and only hope its the same for us all now waiting.....Soo pleased for you HS!

Can I ask? understand if you dont want to answer, but was there anything in the back of your mind that youthought they may ask about that you hoped they wouldnt, but you were ready with the truth if asked? I know a few people are of that mind set and even though i is an anti climax as seen by your experience nt all will be that straight forward!

Congrats again!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Today NVC have gotten all our paperwork and will be reiewing it ll, so the wait continues!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fingers tightly crossed you get your dream job !!!

Huh so even if I have a 9am appointment i could arrive at 7am and get let in? If so I might just do that, oh but i suppose i have to wait for goulds to open anyway, which I think someone said is 7:30?

Yeah from what i hear the discussion at second window is very informal sounding, but still important so I'll have to make sure im not too nervous.

Thanks for your account, puts my mind at rest a bit
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Same here!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Wow, what a doddle that was for you and only hope its the same for us all now waiting.....Soo pleased for you HS!

Can I ask? understand if you dont want to answer, but was there anything in the back of your mind that youthought they may ask about that you hoped they wouldnt, but you were ready with the truth if asked? I know a few people are of that mind set and even though i is an anti climax as seen by your experience nt all will be that straight forward!

Congrats again!
I didnt have anything at the back of my mind I was worried about to be honest. I guess we are quite a straight forward case. It was a little bit of an anti climax, but today when the visa arrived i got very excited and busted out some champagne!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Fingers tightly crossed you get your dream job !!!

Huh so even if I have a 9am appointment i could arrive at 7am and get let in? If so I might just do that, oh but i suppose i have to wait for goulds to open anyway, which I think someone said is 7:30?

Yeah from what i hear the discussion at second window is very informal sounding, but still important so I'll have to make sure im not too nervous.

Yeh i believe Goulds open at 7:30am. The earlier you get the there, the earlier you get out though!

When i got to the 2nd interview window i must have looked nervous, as the man told me to relax, this was the easy bit! That was good to hear!

You will be fine, just stay positive. You have got this far without them stopping you, one more step!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.