Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by SimonJW

We got a letter via email on Friday, it was called a Checklist, so not sure if that counts as an RFE? It was saying they had got the DS-230 but were still waiting for the AOS - we have already sent that but it arrived about a week after the DS-230 so I'm assuming they just havent got to the second packet yet. I figure I'll wait a few days before contacting them to check. I'm hoping that means all is good with the DS-230 though.
We got the checklist too, its like a false RFE basically. I called them up and they said its normal, if they get one packet they automatically send that asking for the other, even if they have it somewhere in building hehe
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

LOL !!! Guess what happened.... You may know after we got our interview date I was gloomy it was 6 weeks away from CC, so send an email asking for an earlier one, they said no, then today they replied saying, your interview is now July 25th, rather than July 29th!!

Great.... except we've already booked train tickets and hotel for the 29th LOL! So oh well. I shall just travel down for the day I suppose on the 29th, if I can get in early enough that is haha.

:P
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishspouse
I shall just travel down for the day I suppose on the 29th, if I can get in early enough that is haha.
If they have rescheduled your appointment to July 25 and you don't show up, your case will likely be summarily closed. By July 29 when you get there, it'll likely already be too late. I suggest you rebook the train and hotel.

Ian
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If they have rescheduled your appointment to July 25 and you don't show up, your case will likely be summarily closed. By July 29 when you get there, it'll likely already be too late. I suggest you rebook the train and hotel.

Ian
Oh I did. Planning a trip on 24th - 25th, got train and hotel for 60 quid so not bad. My mum brother and I are still going to London for the later three days anyway, will give us more time for tourist stuff hehe

I did mean to type 25th not 29th. I wouldn't dream of turning up on the wrong day haha!

Its just funny because the last e-mail I had from them was saying they would not be able to reschedule it and to keep same day, but then this morning I get this one saying its been reschedule hehe

Last edited by britishspouse; Jun 27th 2011 at 5:53 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Approved!!! I'll write more later, got to go to work now!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about the RFE - at least they reviewed your case relatively quickly after they received it.
Secondary story to this, conflicting in that the avr says one thing and were told another by the operator! He said they have not gotten the DS-230 yet

How did you find out about the RFE? Did they send you a letter via email? im just wondering how you know you have an RFE but you dont know for certain what it is for? am i missing a place I can get updates?!? lol.!
We knew of the RFE when i called the avr and it states the date in which a notice was mailed out, so we called and they said they dont send letters out now??? So I am going to send the updated copy of my DS-230 asking them to accept this in the older ones place.

We got a letter via email on Friday, it was called a Checklist, so not sure if that counts as an RFE? It was saying they had got the DS-230 but were still waiting for the AOS - we have already sent that but it arrived about a week after the DS-230 so I'm assuming they just havent got to the second packet yet. I figure I'll wait a few days before contacting them to check. I'm hoping that means all is good with the DS-230 though.!
This may be the case with us, but we have spotted a couple of typos we are kicking ourselves over

Hope you had a great trip seeing the wife![/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
Approved!!! I'll write more later, got to go to work now!
Congrats
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

My medical now complete and full chapter and verse;

Set off from my flat at 3 am to the coach station, but not before wishing my wife a peaceful and relaxing evening.

Arrived in London Victoria around 7:30, purchased my zone 1-2 tube pass £8.00, just in case I wanted to venture further time permitting. Got my bearings and headed towards Bentinck Mansions and got there around 8:15 am sat on the mission steps reading the directions to the office after being at the actual door and whilst sat on the steps, a woman approached me and said where the office was and if I give her 10 minutes she would let me in out of the heat which was near 90 in London today, but I replied that I was very early and not expected until 10:50 and that I had an early bus into London as there was only one that would get me here for the desired time. She extended the offer all the same which was nice of her, found out later she was one of the receptionists who also took my money...lol

So I decided to go for breakfast at a small place called Joe's was expensive, but nice to sit outside after which I decided to see how far the embassy was from Bond street tube station; 5 minute walk if that took some photos to show my wife later as we didn't go there on her last trip hoping that she will be here for my interview date and see it first hand, lovely park, sat there for half hour or so took a few pics and went back to the Mansion to wait it out as it was really humid and hot, thinking they might have a slot free....NOT! by this time it was around 9:30 and sat in the office and filled out the secondary questionnaire similar to the one you take with you.

I made a wrong selection on the smoking question as the check boxes are reversed on this form and had a momentary laps and went back to ask for another form, but was told she would correct it for me.

At 10:50 I was called to see the vaccine nurse and she was impressed that I had the Varicella vaccine, but lacked the tetanus jab....so had it done there, don't trust my doctors to be prompt in faxing stuff as I have to make an appointment a week before I know I am going to be sick.....She asked me what visa I was applying for and was given a sheet that has all my shots on it to take to America on approval.

Sent back to the waiting room; and by the way, the pictures are still wonky, the 2 on the wall as you enter , hunting scenes, one is higher than the other. Waited another 10 minutes and was called for my X-ray, Paul was his name and he asked me to strip the top half only and remove my necklace and other jewellery had a chat and started to get dressed again and saw my x-ray slowly load onto the monitor.

sent back to the waiting room to await the doctor about an hour later was seen by a youngish well spoken female doctor very pleasant to chat to, but she was very confusing in herself as you will see as I go on.

Sat down and she stated that she wouldn't keep me long as I had been waiting some time. She asked me a few things on my own health usual stuff heart breathing then saw my police certificate which stated no trace on by the way and asked if I had ever been arrested or convicted of anything, so told her the truth about the 33 year old altercation when I was 13, she replied, ok they wont want to know about that so i wont make any notes on that, I explained that NVC will know of this as do the police when I requested the certificate, she said who is NVC? I gave her a bit of a blank look and stated who they were Oh ok she said that must be an American thing then! I wanted to say Hello, well yeah!! but I didn't...lol

She then proceeded to ask about my hit and run accident 20 years ago where I was the victim and broke my leg and had a ruptured bowel as a result of the accident and spent 8 months recovering but have no complications from that as I made a full recovery, then she went back to the Juvenile conviction and asked the outcome and told her 3 years probation....What is that she asked what was involved, ummmm home visits from the probation officer and I proceeded to tell her that I don't recall having to complete the full 3 years, think it may have been a year when they signed me off. Also explained that I have tried to get as much info on it as possible for the process, but she didn't comment on it any further, but decided to go back to the topic of the Hit and run accident and said, so when did you have the operation on the bowel, I said June 1991! She said same time as the accident?? somewhat confused....I said yes it was an emergency operation to remove/repair the damage and reset the leg to which she said, the leg was broken at the same time?......Wow she was hard work, but kept calm and answered all her questions.

Was told to strip down to underwear and socks so she could examine me and lie on the bed......She took my blood pressure and some blood, but never examined me, touched me, don't think she even looked at the rest of my body or accident scars.

Was then asked to stand under the measure bar as she adjusted it went back to her desk to make a note and from there she asked me to stand on the scales and shout her the reading from the other side of the room????

She then asked if I wear glasses, said only for close up reading or work, but have fine long vision....She then asked me to read the bottom line I said I will but half the letters are obscured by the frame, but read them anyway.

was told to get dressed asked about my smoking habits which was 8-10 a day, but my wife and I have agreed that once this process was over we would stop! She said STOP? stop what I said, umm smoking, she said oh right , ok! then asked to sign the report, she handed me a felt pen....I asked are you sure you want me to use this one to sign? She said , oh umm no that's for the next part use this pen and the felt pen was for the signing across the photo.

And that was it, but again she asked me to go wait while my bill was being created, no sooner had I sat down the doctor I just saw was rushing out the door with handbag so am guessing she had a lunch date.....and I was finished for 12:30 an hour and forty minutes to attend possibly 20 minutes of questions and exams, if you can call the last one an exam!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wolfy
My medical now complete and full chapter and verse;

Sent back to the waiting room; and by the way, the pictures are still wonky, the 2 on the wall as you enter , hunting scenes, one is higher than the other.
Very thorough account Was your X ray guy very jolly? Mine was I forget his name, but he was babbling on about something, covering a shift, going out that night.... loads of stuff haha, but a very nice man!

Lol its funny about the paintings :P

So nwo you guys just have to wait for an interview date
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Think Ive decided that rather than pay £10 for goulds to store my phone, Im just going to leave my bag at Victoria coach stations luggage hold. Its £8.50 for 24 hours, so I can probably just leave my overnight bag there, with phone in, to save me lugging it all around.

Not much cheaper, but my coach departs from Victoria so I have to go back through anyway

Trying to work out what time i should leave my hotel. Im staying near heathrow, which means quick bus to the underground, then its about 45 mins ride to central london I think, quick stop at victoria, then onto the embassy. Im thinking if I leave hotel about 6am (urgh!), I'll get into city at about 7ish, and shall aim to get to embassy by about 7:30am, to queue as soon as they'll let me
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Think Ive decided that rather than pay £10 for goulds to store my phone, Im just going to leave my bag at Victoria coach stations luggage hold. Its £8.50 for 24 hours, so I can probably just leave my overnight bag there, with phone in, to save me lugging it all around.

Not much cheaper, but my coach departs from Victoria so I have to go back through anyway

Trying to work out what time i should leave my hotel. Im staying near heathrow, which means quick bus to the underground, then its about 45 mins ride to central london I think, quick stop at victoria, then onto the embassy. Im thinking if I leave hotel about 6am (urgh!), I'll get into city at about 7ish, and shall aim to get to embassy by about 7:30am, to queue as soon as they'll let me

It only cost me £3 to leave my bag at goulds. Not a bad deal!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Very thorough account Was your X ray guy very jolly? Mine was I forget his name, but he was babbling on about something, covering a shift, going out that night.... loads of stuff haha, but a very nice man!

Yup, very jolly indeed, we were chatting about when he worked on the northern line and the art of "Steamin" as he saw my key and heart charm which was hidden under my t-shirt, hence me saying you are observant!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just called NVC avr and find that they now have the DS-230 which we know will generate an RFE and the messege now states " your case number has been assigned, blah blah, blah and that they have the checksheet and you will b notified" which we would now expect case complete within few days at this point, but we know different, just hope they will accept the emailed version, but going to ask dear wife to pop it in the mail also!....Soooooo close we can smell the official smell of legal papers and embassy rooms!!! lol
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yup, but know we will still get an RFE for the missing info off my DS-230....arrrgh so kicking myself right now, the thing is I filled it out, checked it and my wife checked it also as she is better at spoting smaller detail than I am given her job, but we are not blaming each other...oh well, we sit and wait some more, but patiently

Have you not looked into easy hotels instead , basic inside room usually no windows £48 pn or £65 for 2 based on my anticipated interview days in august and thats victoria traveling through rush hour tube traffic, was horrible when I was there yesterday especially with Glstonbury folks and wimbledon goers.

they usually charge for credit card transactions but only a couple of pounds i think
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Yup, but know we will still get an RFE for the missing info off my DS-230....arrrgh so kicking myself right now, the thing is I filled it out, checked it and my wife checked it also as she is better at spoting smaller detail than I am given her job, but we are not blaming each other...oh well, we sit and wait some more, but patiently

Have you not looked into easy hotels instead , basic inside room usually no windows £48 pn or £65 for 2 based on my anticipated interview days in august and thats victoria traveling through rush hour tube traffic, was horrible when I was there yesterday especially with Glstonbury folks and wimbledon goers.

they usually charge for credit card transactions but only a couple of pounds i think
Thats the way it goes, you can look it over 10 times and still miss things

Havent heard of easy hotels no. I booked one at heathrow cause it was only £36 or 38 quid a night so sounded good deal, and tube in is about 8.00 i think.

There's a little shop I like near heathrow anyway, so its an excuse to have one last look, cause in august im flying out of gatwick
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
It only cost me £3 to leave my bag at goulds. Not a bad deal!
oh really thats good! I read somewhere that they charged £10 ! lol. I might call and check, if its £3 i'll just go straight there then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.