Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Jun 15th 2011, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Well the IV fee is finally in processing stage and should have cleared for friday at very least

Then its so long to te eagerly compiled and disclosed DS-230 NVC.

I am now off to se my gorgeous and wonderful wife. back on the 26th

Hope you dont miss me too much and good luck on your interview BS, I will be at my medical on the day of your interview...Good luck with it, not that you will need it......you sailed by very well!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Well the IV fee is finally in processing stage and should have cleared for friday at very least

Then its so long to te eagerly compiled and disclosed DS-230 NVC.

I am now off to se my gorgeous and wonderful wife. back on the 26th

Hope you dont miss me too much and good luck on your interview BS, I will be at my medical on the day of your interview...Good luck with it, not that you will need it......you sailed by very well!
Awww have a lovely time with wifey, im sure you will

Hahah thats cool, Hopefully as your updating that you've passed medical, I'll be updating saying ive passed interview Then you should have you interview very soon after

Its so cool seeing us all, from the start with all our questions, to approaching the end of our journeys!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishspouse
Awww have a lovely time with wifey, im sure you will

Hahah thats cool, Hopefully as your updating that you've passed medical, I'll be updating saying ive passed interview Then you should have you interview very soon after

Its so cool seeing us all, from the start with all our questions, to approaching the end of our journeys!
And being a little more wiser for it also
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Any interview dates for any of you guys yet?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Not yet just sent my ds-230 off, they should get monday already have confirmation of them getting AOS
Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:54 pm
CR1 Visa

SimonJW is an unknown quantity at this point

No, we are still waiting. According to online postal tracking the NVC has both our AOS packet and our DS-230, and have had for a week now (the DS-230 for nearly two weeks). When I call the NVC though the last update on the automated system is about the DS-230 packet being sent out to us. But I know it can take a while for the system to be updated even if the packet is in the building.

Im hoping we will hear something by the end of the month.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well just booked my flight, I know they tell you not to, but I didnt want to wait until a week before or else it would be sky high.

Opted for a single, and paid 314 pounds. Not toooo bad. Also though decided to try the new 'premium economy' delta offers.

For an extra 49quid you get an extra 4 inches legroom, personal TV with 250 movies, FREE wine, beer, spirits, 50% more recline. Its not going to be that different but I thought why not :P

Interview is july 29th and booked flight for august 24th, So plenty of time. I wanted to go around august 15th but it was 130pounds more per ticket, so chose to fly later, and treat myself to the mini upgrade lol.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well im back from my trip, was great seeing my husband!
Got my interview on Monday, very exciting!
8 weeks left of work and im off! Hoorah!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
Well im back from my trip, was great seeing my husband!
Got my interview on Monday, very exciting!
8 weeks left of work and im off! Hoorah!
Yeyy , bet it was a blast being with your man

Oooh monday thats soon, how exciting !! Be sure to let us all know hot it goes, im sure it shall be fine
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Yeyy , bet it was a blast being with your man

Oooh monday thats soon, how exciting !! Be sure to let us all know hot it goes, im sure it shall be fine
Yeh it sure was! although tueday night i experienced my first tornado! very scary! our neighbourhood was hit with 100mph winds!

I will let you all know about the interview monday night!
I have applied for a couple of jobs in Chicago, so if i get lucky ill be moving out before my intended date...fingers crossed!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
Yeh it sure was! although tueday night i experienced my first tornado! very scary! our neighbourhood was hit with 100mph winds!

I will let you all know about the interview monday night!
I have applied for a couple of jobs in Chicago, so if i get lucky ill be moving out before my intended date...fingers crossed!
eeek. Yeah I experienced my first too while I was there in May, It was V scary, especially cause hubby was at work. He made a frantic call to me, telling me to take dogs and all get in downstairs loo, very worrying lol. Thankfully it hit downtown, about 2 miles from us, so we were fine, but still scary! It tore up some businesses pretty bad. What was it like for you?

Oooh sounds good Good luck with the jobs !! I have one lined up at target I think, a friend is getting my name in to his managers hehe. so nothing fancy but good enough to get me back on my feet after not having worked 5 years lol!

I have my interview booked for July 29th and my flight booked for august 24th (I know people say not to, but it only costs 25quid to change the date if i need to)
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

eeek. Yeah I experienced my first too while I was there in May, It was V scary, especially cause hubby was at work. He made a frantic call to me, telling me to take dogs and all get in downstairs loo, very worrying lol. Thankfully it hit downtown, about 2 miles from us, so we were fine, but still scary! It tore up some businesses pretty bad. What was it like for you?

Oooh sounds good Good luck with the jobs !! I have one lined up at target I think, a friend is getting my name in to his managers hehe. so nothing fancy but good enough to get me back on my feet after not having worked 5 years lol!

I have my interview booked for July 29th and my flight booked for august 24th (I know people say not to, but it only costs 25quid to change the date if i need to)
Yeh it uprooted a lots of trees and damaged some buildings but nothing too crazy! we had sideways rain which was the most interesting part!

Thanks, its just a couple to test the water kinda thing, but we shall see!

I booked my flights a month ago, so i have done the same as you! Just wanted to have a date set to aim for! Plus its quite far ahead so not too bad!
Old Jun 26th 2011, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Set off from dublin on the 16th for my wifes birthday, went through pre clearance and got asked more grueling questions at pre check in than i did by the POEO just got asked 2 questions from her and off I went

Sent in my ds-230 at long last and was recievd on monday the 20th and by friday the 24th

Got an RFE.....

Guessing it has to be the ds-230

typical just as we thought we were doing so well We went through our copies of paperwork we sent and found a couple of silly silly errors on our part....and a not so obvious one so have re-done it in readiness for the list they sent out on the 24th.

Is it likely they will question the silly errors at the interview or do they throw it out hen they get the new one do you think? one was the date of marriage was left blank, how we both missed that not sure and a "?" between an n/a answer...

Now getting papers together for medical and getting ready to set off for my 3:45 am coach to london......will do a report when i get back
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Got an RFE.....

typical just as we thought we were doing so well We went through our copies of paperwork we sent and found a couple of silly silly errors on our part....and a not so obvious one so have re-done it in readiness for the list they sent out on the 24th.

Is it likely they will question the silly errors at the interview or do they throw it out hen they get the new one do you think? one was the date of marriage was left blank, how we both missed that not sure and a "?" between an n/a answer...
Oh noes, sorry to hear about the RFE It shouldnt set you back too much hopefully I dont think they question the errors, because once you send it in and they confirm there are no longer errors its done and dusted I may be wrong, but a small error shouldn't be brought up at interview anyway imo.

3:45am coach. ouch !
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:55 am
CR1 Visa

SimonJW is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about the RFE - at least they reviewed your case relatively quickly after they received it.

How did you find out about the RFE? Did they send you a letter via email? im just wondering how you know you have an RFE but you dont know for certain what it is for? am i missing a place I can get updates?!? lol.

We got a letter via email on Friday, it was called a Checklist, so not sure if that counts as an RFE? It was saying they had got the DS-230 but were still waiting for the AOS - we have already sent that but it arrived about a week after the DS-230 so I'm assuming they just havent got to the second packet yet. I figure I'll wait a few days before contacting them to check. I'm hoping that means all is good with the DS-230 though.

Hope you had a great trip seeing the wife!

Set off from dublin on the 16th for my wifes birthday, went through pre clearance and got asked more grueling questions at pre check in than i did by the POEO just got asked 2 questions from her and off I went

Sent in my ds-230 at long last and was recievd on monday the 20th and by friday the 24th

Got an RFE.....

Now getting papers together for medical and getting ready to set off for my 3:45 am coach to london......will do a report when i get back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.