Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:49 pm
CR1 Visa

SimonJW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by Wolfy
At 8:50 am this morning I checked the AVR at NVC and found that we now have our LND number and by 9:30 I have my medical appointment at Bentinck mansion for the 27th June the day after I come back from visiting my princess!

Next step to get 3032 AOS and IV set up and part with more money
Great news Wolfy! how many days was that in the end? seems like you waited about the same time we did for the NVC to get your packet.

Things are progressively steadily for us (touch wood!). We sent off the AOS/I-864 packet yesterday, my medical is booked for July 11 and we received and paid the IV bill just this morning. So now we are just waiting for the system to actually show it as paid and give us a barcode, and I assume for NVC to email me the DS-230 - even though I know I can get it from the website.

Last edited by SimonJW; Jun 3rd 2011 at 4:56 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonJW
Great news Wolfy! how many days was that in the end? seems like you waited about the same time we did for the NVC to get your packet.

Things are progressively steadily for us (touch wood!). We sent off the AOS/I-864 packet yesterday, my medical is booked for July 11 and we received and paid the IV bill just this morning. So now we are just waiting for the system to actually show it as paid and give us a barcode, and I assume for NVC to email me the DS-230 - even though I know I can get it from the website.
18 days in total or 13 business days...have to say that I am now convinced that files are stacked in the system and will automatically update at anytime, there is now real way to say that "yes it will be morning or before close of business" as I checked our status about 12 midnight GMT to find no updates current, but at 8:50am GMT or 3:50 am EST it was updated, may have been earlier for all we know, but know it was in the period of 8 and a bit hours....So for future refrence to anyone waiting, cases can be updated at anytime even out of normal hours for both USCIS and NVC.

When my wife called to enquire if they had the file on the 1st they said it was there and to call back in 2 to 3 business days, little did we know they knew it was there because it was being put on the system that day she called
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Completed my DS-3032 and sent to NVC this evening at 8:30pm.

After I looked over the instructions on what to do, noticed they sent me someone elses case number, name, location, priority date...basically all the info regarding someone elses visa process...At first I thought it was explaining how I should re-address the email with the attached ds-3032, but realised it said nothing about this at the bottom where it showed me the other persons details....

I called them to let them know what they had done and they confirmed it was an error on thier part

This shows that humans make mistakes also and everything should be read and re-read to ensure its understood
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Completed my DS-3032 and sent to NVC this evening at 8:30pm.

After I looked over the instructions on what to do, noticed they sent me someone elses case number, name, location, priority date...basically all the info regarding someone elses visa process...At first I thought it was explaining how I should re-address the email with the attached ds-3032, but realised it said nothing about this at the bottom where it showed me the other persons details....

I called them to let them know what they had done and they confirmed it was an error on thier part

This shows that humans make mistakes also and everything should be read and re-read to ensure its understood
Yeah good you noticed indeed. Could have caused some confusion.

Glad to hear your moving along and getting forms done
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britishspouse
Yeah good you noticed indeed. Could have caused some confusion.

Glad to hear your moving along and getting forms done
Indeed, nice to be setting the pace, but my wife is feeling left out now Because she hasnt had any emails from NVC....Awwww blesss her cotton socks! But she had a great big grin on her face today, love seeing her happy!

Just waiting thier confirmation of my 3032 and Im guessing they now send my wife the links contained in the email to pay the IV and AOS fees
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Indeed, nice to be setting the pace, but my wife is feeling left out now Because she hasnt had any emails from NVC....Awwww blesss her cotton socks! But she had a great big grin on her face today, love seeing her happy!

Just waiting thier confirmation of my 3032 and Im guessing they now send my wife the links contained in the email to pay the IV and AOS fees
yeah. They will probably send the AOS one first, they did with us anyway, we paid it, sent in the forms, then a few days later the IV bill was generated. But due to an error it took 4 days after the invoice to be payable, yours should be available as soon as you get it though

Hubby and I get emails of every letter sent. He got all the same ones I did, and vice versa, just in case one got lost in the world wide web haha
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Just got our AOS but states we can not pay as this application is not eligable for further processing, I am guessing we have to wait until the 3032 has been entered?
Old Jun 4th 2011, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Just got our AOS but states we can not pay as this application is not eligable for further processing, I am guessing we have to wait until the 3032 has been entered?
False alarm!!! needed an hour or so to become active...AOS paid! now just waiting for them to confirm they got my emailed DS_3032, so far so good
Old Jun 5th 2011, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

well my medical is tomorrow As it turns out i have a bad cough/cold so hopefully they will understand if my lungs sound a bit quesy :P

As it turns out, in the race to the airport when I left USA, I left my extra USA sized passport pics there, so I will have to go get some done when I get into London. Not a huge deal, Im getting in 4 hours early, and found a place where I can get 6 for 6.99 so not too terrible :P

Shall update tomorrow with how it all went
Old Jun 5th 2011, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britishspouse
well my medical is tomorrow As it turns out i have a bad cough/cold so hopefully they will understand if my lungs sound a bit quesy :P

As it turns out, in the race to the airport when I left USA, I left my extra USA sized passport pics there, so I will have to go get some done when I get into London. Not a huge deal, Im getting in 4 hours early, and found a place where I can get 6 for 6.99 so not too terrible :P

Shall update tomorrow with how it all went
Cool beans.....May need some more myself, lost the others Doh....where ya gettin them done for that....I will have at least 3 hours in london before mine!

Land manchester on the 26th at around 330pm after changing in dublin then a few hours rest before I get the overnight megabus to london £7 return.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well here is my experience of the medical !!

Firstly, UK sized passport photos are OK I called up 3 hours before I was due in, to double check and they said yes UK ones were fine. So to the people about to get their US ones done, you dont need them for the medical, however You will for the interview, but it eases the rush

My medical was booked for 3:30pm, Im ALWAYS early, and turned up at 2:40pm. Gave the girl at reception my documents, she handed me a quick form to fill in, much like the questionnaire, and then led me to the VERY crowded waiting room. There are 2 sofa's and some chairs, but there were people standing too, I counted 18 people there in total.

After about 15 mins I was called through to the vaccination nurse who told me although im up to date, The US require you to have had 3 MMR jabs in your lifetime, so although by UK standards im covered, by US im not, so I have scheduled another on thursday at my GP, didnt want to shell out the 36ish quid for it there and then.

After that, I was led into a smaller waiting room. About 20 minutes later A nice happy chap led me into the X ray room. I was told to undress top half only, and put on a robe. Then he x ray 'd my chest, and led me back into the waiting room, still in the robe.

About 20 more minutes later and the nurse came to get me for my actual medical, she was a really nice indian lady. First she took my height and weight (See below***), then led me to the bed and did a quick eye test, checked out my mouth and ears and drew blood. After that listened to my heart, and took my blood pressure. Lifted up my leggings quickly, had a quick glance 'down there' and that was that. She also asked me how often I have smear tests, and if they were clean and asked a few questions about hubbys job and the occupation I intend to fulfill (this may have just been chitchat).

***With regards to my weight. Basically when I moved to America on my student visa in 2006 I was 140 lbs.... since then I have balooned to 230 lbs.. EEK !! Well although my blood pressure is fine, my BMI is not, so she says im in the 'dangerous' range and that after 6 months I have to check in with a GP in america to ensure I have dropped in weight. She said it will not affect the Visa, and basically the medical is complete, but there will be like an extra step for me, which will be the checking in to ensure Im losing weight and thus not becoming a big fatty burden on America :P

All in all a good day. When I came out the waiting room was empty, the Spousal ones take much longer than the fiancee medicals, they were zipping in and out. Paid the 210 pounds and on thursday after my jab they will fax it to the doctors, who said they will then continue to send my completed medical results to the embassy that day. Funny extra bit of info, whilst in the main waiting room they have about 8 paintings hung around teh room, and ALL of them were wonky, little things like that bug me, I wanted to clamber over people and straighten them all up lol

Last edited by britishspouse; Jun 6th 2011 at 8:57 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 9:03 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you wonder HOW those pics get all wonky, too? That drives me nuts.

Interesting chat she gave you about the weight loss follow up.. I wonder where you are supposed to go, and who you are supposed to give the results to?
(I think she was just giving you some feedback for your own benefit?)
Old Jun 6th 2011, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Did you attend Bentinck or the other one? Then I can check to see if they straightened em up when i go!

3 MMR jabs???? I have only ever had one and that was october 2010 how do I go on about that then, make an appointment and have 2 more??? surely cant have 2 more in sucsession?

Glad to hear it was a doddle!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Did you attend Bentinck or the other one? Then I can check to see if they straightened em up when i go!

3 MMR jabs???? I have only ever had one and that was october 2010 how do I go on about that then, make an appointment and have 2 more??? surely cant have 2 more in sucsession?

Glad to hear it was a doddle!
Yeah it was the 4 bentinck mansions place I went

Well not sure how it all works... but when she sat me down, everything was listed individually, and there were 3 boxes next to each of the jabs counterparts ... M/M/R And I had two mumps missing and one measles.... which makes NO sense... but she said I needed one more jab and Id be covered. OR I could go to my docotr and get blood taken to prove im immune, but then if im immune to one and not the other, id need the jab anyway, so Im just going to go ahead and get the jab. When I called up my local GP they were baffled to, and after insisting this is what the Nurse told me, they said bring in your letter and we'll get it done for you lol.

Id just wait and see, or perhaps call up and see if they can explain it to you. If not perhaps just go, and see what the vaccination nurses little tick sheet shows regarding your jabs. Its all VERY confusing :P

As per the weight chat, she definitely said it was going to be a requirement, and that she'd be making note of it. I asked her how it would all be overseen regarding the exact BMI i need, and where/when, and she just said when your over there, go to a doctor when uve lost the weight (within 6 months) and it will be updated. Maybe at the interview they'll give me a note saying who I contact to let them know etc.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 10:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to go out on a limb here and call BS on this. You are applying for an Immigrant Visa. If your medical is cleared, you are done.
There is no one to follow up with once in the US. You will be a Permanent Resident. Unless she was twisting the K requirements, it doesn't make sense.

Same for the follow up jabs.

When it comes to the Immigrant medical, you are, or you are not. There is no inbetween and no follow up in the US.

The thing about the additional shot came up recently in another thread too, where Moxie & I were saying, ok do it for your own health, but there is no immigration requirement...

I imagine this post will just cause more trouble, but you don't want to be getting shots you don't need, or looking for a doctor who doesn't exist to file a report on you on a form that was never invented.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.