Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Sep 6th 2011, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Sanddancer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by Sanddancer
Hi jeff and ian.

In all honesty i hope ian is right on this one ;-)

However just to let you know that the first email (from chicago on 15th aug) came from:

[email protected]

while the latest one (30th aug) came from:

[email protected]

so in my eyes still confused as ever ;-)
I think i may have gotten to the bottom of it. The first one was the NOA1 (my wife reveived it in the post).

She then received a form about changing address (which aligns date wise with the second message on 30th Aug). The confusing thing however is that we have not requested an address change, so really confused. Could this just be an admin error?
Old Sep 6th 2011, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

katjoeuk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chris_tanj
Just if anyone had wondered, I did speak to an operator today and my case was completed on September 2nd.

Unsurprisingly the operator had never heard of "SIF". Consequently the fact I could still sign into the online payment system is nothing to worry about!

Here's hoping for an October interview, but who knows!

Congrats! What does that mean for you - that you'll get your case number soon? Or do you have that already? Have you scheduled your medical?
Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Could you be a little more specific about this form? Did it have a form number? A title? Can you quote any of it, anything more of the content than "about changing address"?

Regards, JEff

She then received a form about changing address (which aligns date wise with the second message on 30th Aug). The confusing thing however is that we have not requested an address change, so really confused. Could this just be an admin error?
Old Sep 6th 2011, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Chris_tanj is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah i see. No worries.

Oh by the way congratulations and hope you get all squared away quickly
Thank you very much! Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Originally Posted by katjoeuk
Congrats! What does that mean for you - that you'll get your case number soon? Or do you have that already? Have you scheduled your medical?
Thank you! I am applying for a CR1 visa so case complete at the NVC means the final hurdles are approaching (interview and POE), I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I had my medical yesterday at Knightsbridge Doctors (Bentinck Mansions) which I didn't think went too badly .

I'm pretty sure I have come across your posts before, have you recently had your interview? If so, how did it go?!
Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

No, not QUITE - it's Thursday morning

Going to the big L tomorrow & staying at a friend's place since it's not easy to get there for 7ish from Cheltenham (even though it's not really that far...)

Put paper work together yesterday, was actually not as much as I thought....wonder if I'm missing anything,everybody else said they had tons of stuff!!! I think my hubby's Affidavit is by far the biggest part of it!!

When did you start your whole process?? if you've already had your medical, I'm almost sure you'll get your interview in October
Old Sep 7th 2011, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Could you be a little more specific about this form? Did it have a form number? A title? Can you quote any of it, anything more of the content than "about changing address"?

Regards, JEff
Jeff,

The form was an AR-11 - change of address form. It was sent out due to an admin error. When my wife called USCIS she was informed that she had to send the AR-11 back to them, blank, however with a cover letter saying that the address has not changed.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Bummer - bet you didn't need that!!!!!
Well, at least you got it all sorted now
Old Sep 7th 2011, 2:24 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update. So, the mystery of the two notices is solved, yes? Your petition has been received and is awaiting processing (probably in the normal time frame).

Regards, JEff

Jeff,

The form was an AR-11 - change of address form. It was sent out due to an admin error. When my wife called USCIS she was informed that she had to send the AR-11 back to them, blank, however with a cover letter saying that the address has not changed.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Thanks for the update. So, the mystery of the two notices is solved, yes? Your petition has been received and is awaiting processing (probably in the normal time frame).

Regards, JEff
Jeff,

You are correct. Email mysteries now resolved, and now sitting back awaiting for NOA2 (hopefully)
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by katjoeuk
No, not QUITE - it's Thursday morning

Going to the big L tomorrow & staying at a friend's place since it's not easy to get there for 7ish from Cheltenham (even though it's not really that far...)

Put paper work together yesterday, was actually not as much as I thought....wonder if I'm missing anything,everybody else said they had tons of stuff!!! I think my hubby's Affidavit is by far the biggest part of it!!

When did you start your whole process?? if you've already had your medical, I'm almost sure you'll get your interview in October
Good luck for tomorrow! I'm sure it will be absolutely fine and to be honest I don't think anyone ever feels like they have EVERYTHING they could possibly want!

I started the process March 3rd so just over 6 months now, just keep my fingers crossed for that October interview

Once again, good luck!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 12:33 pm
CR1 Visa

SimonJW is an unknown quantity at this point

My Passport with my CR-1 Visa was delivered today! along with the infamous large white envelope (which is a lot bigger than i expected it to be). My interview was this past Friday so it arrive in less than a week, which im very pleased with, especially as the embassy was closed Monday.

Very happy to finally be done with this process, at least until I have to renew my greencard next year. Flying into New York on October 11 so not long to go now!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonJW
... at least until I have to renew my greencard next year.
Not "renew"... remove conditions. Congratulations!

Ian
Old Sep 8th 2011, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SimonJW
along with the infamous large white envelope (which is a lot bigger than i expected it to be).
oooh you got a white one? I thought most were brown, although have heard of some white ones :P Maybe it depends on which colour envelope they grab first lol.

Congrats simon, and may I say an early 'welcome to america', immigration never said this to me. boo
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Just received an email with my interview date on it: 14th October at 10am! Cannot believe the end is in sight, I just hope it goes as smoothly as many of the others I have read on this forum

If anyone is interested in statistics: it has taken 7 months 11 days to get from NOA1 to Interview and 10 days from CC to interview email (interestingly I received the interview email in the second 'full' week of September, read into that what you want!).
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Kneeno is an unknown quantity at this point

Had my medical a few weeks ago and that went fine, still waiting on an interview date. In the meantime though I'm heading over on Friday for a week as it's our 1st anniversary on Sunday (I surprised my wife with the news just this evening).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.