Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Old Jan 15th 2011, 12:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Originally Posted by MACEFL
Should i call ?
No.

can i call ? ( UKC )
Yes, if you want to waste both your money and time.

Ian
Old Jan 15th 2011, 2:20 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

As of December 21 your petition reached its estimated processing date ('5 months'). When it's 30+ days from that date, you may call to complain officially.
On Jan 4 you posted you were told to "wait two more weeks and then call again". I think the letter is a result of Carol's last phone call on the 4th & the "IMPORTANT" note in the letter is boilerplate language.
I'd call on the 18th if you haven't heard anything by then.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:52 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Our application has been approved!!!

It was approved yesterday and we received the cell phone txt and emails today.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:44 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

HJP / Banshee / Hockeysarah;

Any updates for you yet?

How are you getting on at the moment?

My Wife is flying over to visit me in England next month. I am SO looking forward to this, we have not been together since the end of October.

She lands a couple of days before Valentines day.

Double the celebration, being back together, AND the approval of our I-130 too.

Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brucky

Any updates for you yet?

My Wife is flying over to visit me in England next month. I am SO looking forward to this, we have not been together since the end of October.

No news for us yet. They still havent updated our case since they received it, but im encouraged by your approval!

My husband has just been over here for a 2 week visit. He went home on monday, pretty gutted to be alone again! we worked out that we have said goodbye 8 times! im hoping that is the last time now. We are going to try and last until i move out now..all depends on how the visa process is going!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:07 pm
CR1 VISA

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
No news for us yet. They still havent updated our case since they received it, but im encouraged by your approval!

My husband has just been over here for a 2 week visit. He went home on monday, pretty gutted to be alone again! we worked out that we have said goodbye 8 times! im hoping that is the last time now. We are going to try and last until i move out now..all depends on how the visa process is going!
I'm dead pleased about his visit to you.

I'm the same, our goodbye when she returns, should be our last until I fly one-way to be with her permanently!!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

I'm dead pleased about his visit to you.

I'm the same, our goodbye when she returns, should be our last until I fly one-way to be with her permanently!!
we actually found this goodbye to be the most positive. We both have lots to do between now and then and its made us more focused than miserable!
Still, the drive home from Heathrow without him is the most awful feeling!
looking at your timeline, it looks like we prob have another couple of months wait for approval. I have booked 2 weeks holiday in May, so may go out to visit if it all gets too intense!

It all very exciting though despite the stress!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:20 pm
CR1 VISA

It all very exciting though despite the stress!

It is!

God yes, leaving your other half at the airport is the worst feeling in the world, especially if you don't know exactly when you'll see each other again.

When I heard my Wifes voice on the phone on Christmas Day, I burst into tears!

Grown man? Pfft!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

banshee is an unknown quantity at this point

Any updates for you yet?

we had a mix up with the NOA2 but all is moving on happily to NVC (12th jan), just waiting for hubby to give them a call for numbers etc...(i am also waiting for my police certificate and have no more holidays from work until april, this is why we are holding out)
was 102 days between NOA1 and NOA2 which i think is excellent.
my hubby just been to visit me in the uk, he returned home on sunday (been a year since we were last together) we had a good week but the car played up towards the end so it kinda killed a few visits...

(i post more on VJ than here as i was blasted out of here a few years ago)

i hope your wife enjoys the uk and its not long til youre where you should be!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

It is!

God yes, leaving your other half at the airport is the worst feeling in the world, especially if you don't know exactly when you'll see each other again.

When I heard my Wifes voice on the phone on Christmas Day, I burst into tears!

Grown man? Pfft!
Yeh Christmas was weird without him, but next Christmas will be great!
When he came over i did Christmas again for him, with dinner, presents and everything else that goes along!

Im back to work tomorrow, so hopefully that will speed time up again!

Im back living with my parents and working a job i hate to save money, so the sooner i get the visa the better! Its all getting a bit stressful here! It all would be easier if my husband was around, but at least i get to speak to him everyday and im grateful for that!

Now positive thoughts!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by banshee
we had a mix up with the NOA2 but all is moving on happily to NVC (12th jan), just waiting for hubby to give them a call for numbers etc...(i am also waiting for my police certificate and have no more holidays from work until april, this is why we are holding out)
was 102 days between NOA1 and NOA2 which i think is excellent.
my hubby just been to visit me in the uk, he returned home on sunday (been a year since we were last together) we had a good week but the car played up towards the end so it kinda killed a few visits...

(i post more on VJ than here as i was blasted out of here a few years ago)

i hope your wife enjoys the uk and its not long til youre where you should be!
What date did you file? i think im the last person that filed in this group...
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

What date did you file? i think im the last person that filed in this group...
1st sept we sent in the I-130
the NOA1 was 24th sept because of RFE part C (address)
our I-130 was originally approved on 4th Jan, but someone messed it up, they sent out the NOA2 saying i was in the USA and should file for adjustment of status, the I-130 wasnt forwarded to NVC because of this, hubby called them and they corrected the error, the paperwork was then sent on 11th Jan, and a new NOA2 was sent on the 12th Jan, which was received along with the 'correction letter' while he was over here.

edited > the NOA1 date was the date hubby received it (actually 18th on the paper) my bad! lol
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

1st sept we sent in the I-130
the NOA1 was 24th sept because of RFE part C (address)
our I-130 was originally approved on 4th Jan, but someone messed it up, they sent out the NOA2 saying i was in the USA and should file for adjustment of status, the I-130 wasnt forwarded to NVC because of this, hubby called them and they corrected the error, the paperwork was then sent on 11th Jan, and a new NOA2 was sent on the 12th Jan, which was received along with the 'correction letter' while he was over here.

edited > the NOA1 date was the date hubby received it (actually 18th on the paper) my bad! lol
ok, so im a month behind you. That gives me something to go on! Thanks!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

apologies for dates errors...counting the days...done it sooooo many times...
i now count HOURS lol
in 15 minutes it is 1000 hours to our 3rd anniversary...
i dont want to be apart for this anniversary! :'(
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

apologies for dates errors...counting the days...done it sooooo many times...
i now count HOURS lol
in 15 minutes it is 1000 hours to our 3rd anniversary...
i dont want to be apart for this anniversary! :'(
I do exactly the same thing!

I think once i get approved for this part i will relax a little more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.