Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Old Dec 1st 2010, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

ahhh i see! i was worried id forgotten a form!

I find this forum very comforting. At first i felt that we were alone in the stressful journey, now i hear about everyone else plans it makes me feel so much better that a lot of people are feeling the same way!

Plus we have both moved back to our parents to save money whilst we wait! now thats another stress in itself!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 4:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clemato
At the time (Jan or Feb 2009) we were told to file a K3 (130+129F) to speed up the process ... after the wedding and after I came back to the USA from our wedding. That is precisely what we did.

Though this message board says the 129F will be disposed of, the government did accept the form and are updating us on it every time that we get 130 updates.
Yes, USCIS will approve both petitions. It's the Dept of State, at the NVC stage, that will toss out the I-129F if they receive an approved I-130 from USCIS first (or if they receive the approved I-130 and I-129F at the same time).

You didn't do anything wrong, and if you want to not risk him being turned away at the POE on a visit to the USA, that's fine too.

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2010, 4:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Your UK spouse is allowed to enter the USA on the VWP even though your I-130 is with USCIS ? I was told by Department of State that my spouse was not allowed to enter the US from the UK the moment that our case was opened up with USCIS ...
There's good information in the pinned threads; we leave them up there for a reason.

WAIT! Can I visit while I am waiting for my K or Immigrant Visa?????
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:23 pm
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

clemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really nice

Yeah, I went to the pinned one you provide there , but it was just a sentence. Didn't link to a source.

Anyway, both of our forms got touched again today by USCIS. Crazy stuff. They're finally doing something!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:35 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I went to the pinned one you provide there , but it was just a sentence. Didn't link to a source.

Anyway, both of our forms got touched again today by USCIS. Crazy stuff. They're finally doing something!
I'm giving up now.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

MACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really nice

just thought i would follow this thread as i cant find one for our exact status and time line,
Carol..USC
Mace..UKC
Married 03/2009 in FL
Carol sent off I-130 07/18/2010
NOA / I-797C 07/21/2010 From CA
ESTA Visit ( paroled ) 08/26/2010
NOA / I-797C (2) 11/03/2010 From TX
Return UK 11/11/2010

can someone please direct me to the place where they have seen their I-130 touched , so to speak...
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MACEFL
can someone please direct me to the place where they have seen their I-130 touched , so to speak...
www.uscis.gov. Look there on how to set up email and online notifications.

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:47 pm
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

clemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really nice

Originally Posted by MACEFL
Hiya Mace,
  • Go to: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp
  • Click on the "Creating an account"
  • I am the applicant customer, the US citizen who filed the case (which means I am not a lawyer, for example)
  • I created an account
  • entered my 797C receipt document form numbers (ours are 3 all CAPS letters and 10 numerical digits)
  • signed up for Text mobile alerts with my USA mobile phone number
  • signed up for email alerts with my email address
  • for each form that we have on file with USCIS
  • my UK spouse has the link to get our Portfolio to get all status updates : https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do and our user name and password and then he can see the updates, too

Last edited by clemato; Dec 1st 2010 at 9:50 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

MACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really niceMACEFL is just really nice

thankyou ladies !
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 1:11 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am dead set on not jeopardizing our case or risking deportation.
You're welcome to your convictions... however ill-conceived, unfounded, and silly they are!

Meauxna - I tried to see this her way, but...

Ian
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You're welcome to your convictions... however ill-conceived, unfounded, and silly they are!

Meauxna - I tried to see this her way, but...

Ian
would i need to take any documents with me when i go over to the US whilst my I 130 is processing?
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
would i need to take any documents with me when i go over to the US whilst my I 130 is processing?
Just whatever you'd normally take to prove you don't intend to remain in the USA beyond your alloted time.

Rene
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:11 pm
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

Unhappy Re: I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Thanks to everyone for being so kind and nice.

I'll no longer ask for any advice or evidence (2010 real-life case scenarios from members here who successfully visited with I-130s in process; or anything from 2010 by USCIS, DoS, or CBP citing that the non-US citizen will not be refused entry into the States on a VWP).

Links with no United States legal evidence are not going to convince me of anything. As stated, none of the people here are lawyers. I have exhausted every government website looking for something and found nothing. By nothing, I mean that I need to see that it is legal to do this. There is nothing by the government saying that it is legal. So sorry for not believing everything I'm told by strangers on a messageboard.

If there were members here who actually, in 2010, were successful to enter the USA from the UK with the I-130 in process while traveling on the VWP, that would be helpful to know. That might give me some confidence. I apologize for being such a thick headed fool in your eyes.

It is very helpful being told how stupid I am by the people in charge here. This is one of many times that I've been left so incredibly unwelcome here and have been humiliated, not to mention seeing other new members being humiliated, as well, because we are not the experts-in-charge.

Consider me one less member for you to be pissed off at and to be forced to treat harshly. Bye.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:21 pm

or anything from 2010 by USCIS, DoS, or CBP citing that the non-US citizen will not be refused entry into the States on a VWP
You'll never find this, because a VWP visitor can ALWAYS be refused entry to the USA....I-130 pending or not. None of those gov agencies will ever guarantee entry to the USA by a non-USC.

Rene
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Quote:
or anything from 2010 by USCIS, DoS, or CBP citing that the non-US citizen will not be refused entry into the States on a VWP
You'll never find this, because a VWP visitor can ALWAYS be refused entry to the USA....I-130 pending or not. None of those gov agencies will ever guarantee entry to the USA by a non-USC.

Rene
AS WELL I KNOW !

Carol..USC
Mace..UKC
Married 03/2009 in FL
Carol sent off I-130 07/18/2010
NOA / I-797C 07/21/2010 From CA
ESTA Visit ( paroled ) 08/26/2010
NOA / I-797C (2) 11/03/2010 From TX
Return UK 11/11/2010

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.