Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 documentation to prove martital relationship

I-130 documentation to prove martital relationship

Old Oct 23rd 2012, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 documentation to prove martital relationship

Originally Posted by Seal2012
Can his sister from England (I have yet to meet her) write about our upcoming plans for a huge family Christmas in England or is that a bit "over the top"?
Can she? Yes. Would it be helpful? Probably not... because she has no direct evidence of your relationship! Would it hurt? No.

Would a letter from the girl who gave us riding lessons (about 6 times) be helpful since I do know her and she saw us together "socially" in a way?
Oddly enough, this would likely be stronger evidence than an affidavit from the sister.

Oh- we also went to the town police station to give his boys a tour and took them to the high school they will be attending for a tour as well. Does including info like that regarding my stepsons (his boys) future in the US a good idea?
Does this demonstrate your marital relationship?

Ian
Old Oct 25th 2012, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Kristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Seal2012
Hi Kristie999,
I am in the same boat you were in - my husband(UKC) and I married in August 2012 and he had to leave about 20 days following our marriage. We had his 2 boys with us so socially we didn't do a lot- we took horseback riding lessons, got a joint bank account, hung out with my family, and spent quality time before they went back to for England. He has also been added to my car insurance and my health insurance. But we didn't do anything socially except go on some trips and the riding lessons. What did you end up doing for documentation? We have photos after the wedding of his boys birthday celebrations, and we have wedding photos- I'm anxious to hear what you used.

I am considering an affidavit from one or two of my family members. I can even provide info regarding my upcoming trip to England and our booked mini-cruise to France in December. Can his sister from England (I have yet to meet her) write about our upcoming plans for a huge family Christmas in England or is that a bit "over the top"? Would a letter from the girl who gave us riding lessons (about 6 times) be helpful since I do know her and she saw us together "socially" in a way?

Oh- we also went to the town police station to give his boys a tour and took them to the high school they will be attending for a tour as well. Does including info like that regarding my stepsons (his boys) future in the US a good idea?

I appreciate any help or advice people can give me!
Honestly...I put photos of your wedding and a few from our honeymoon and crosse my fingers it's enough. Someone made a good point that it would look really fake if we just got married and just happened to have a ton of joint things already. I also added addidavits from my Mother and SIL stating they were in attendance and our wedding as an extra step even though I'm not sure it will do any good.

So far we are still waiting for any other correspondence other than that they've received our application. Fingers crossed for us and you!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

bevanti is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent a whole bunch of co-mingling proof, and photos from our wedding and whole relationship. I got my notification that my I-130 had been filed, and a few days ago I received all of my co-mingling proof back from the Embassy along with a copy of the checklist with the part about not sending anything other than what is on the checklist highlighted!!

Should I expect to now get an RFE? If so, I'm going to be super annoyed!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 5:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevanti
I sent a whole bunch of co-mingling proof, and photos from our wedding and whole relationship. I got my notification that my I-130 had been filed, and a few days ago I received all of my co-mingling proof back from the Embassy along with a copy of the checklist with the part about not sending anything other than what is on the checklist highlighted!!

Should I expect to now get an RFE? If so, I'm going to be super annoyed!
You'll only get an RFE is something is missing from the application, not if you supplied too much information.

Rene
Old Oct 25th 2012, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

bevanti is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You'll only get an RFE is something is missing from the application, not if you supplied too much information.

Rene
Thanks! I was just worried because it seemed like they needed it.. know the checklist for the I-130 says not to send anything else, but the Instructions for Form I-130 says to send it. We've had a lot of confusion over it!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 6:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevanti
Thanks! I was just worried because it seemed like they needed it.. know the checklist for the I-130 says not to send anything else, but the Instructions for Form I-130 says to send it. We've had a lot of confusion over it!
If the I-130 is filed in the USA, USCIS wants to see the additional evidence.

If the I-130 is filed in London, they do not want to see the additional evidence. However, that being said, some people who do NOT send additional evidence to London, end up getting an RFE for it. Others, like yourself, who send it, end up getting it returned with a note saying it wasn't needed.

So really, there's no way of knowing which way they want it in London.

Rene
Old Oct 25th 2012, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Kristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to allKristie999 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If the I-130 is filed in the USA, USCIS wants to see the additional evidence.

If the I-130 is filed in London, they do not want to see the additional evidence. However, that being said, some people who do NOT send additional evidence to London, end up getting an RFE for it. Others, like yourself, who send it, end up getting it returned with a note saying it wasn't needed.

So really, there's no way of knowing which way they want it in London.

Rene
Is sounds clear as mud. ;-)
Old Oct 25th 2012, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kristie999
Is sounds clear as mud. ;-)
Welcome to the wonderful world of US immigration!

Ian