Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 DCF - let the games begin!

I-130 DCF - let the games begin!

Old Jan 14th 2015, 3:12 am
Just Joined

palmaceous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 DCF - let the games begin!

Hey guys!

I'm new here, pleased to meet you guys. I don't have any specific questions, but just wanted to say thanks for the forum and the wiki pages. I'm about to embark on my journey towards obtaining a green card so my lovely (US) wife and myself can move to the US.

About to submit my I-130, and see how long the journey will take.

Wish me luck - and if you've contributed your info so far, thank you very much, lurking on these forums has been of tremendous help.

All the best,

P
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 DCF - let the games begin!

Originally Posted by palmaceous
I'm about to embark on my journey towards obtaining a green card so my lovely (US) wife and myself can move to the US.
Best of luck to you!

Ian
Old Jan 14th 2015, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!

When a lot of us came over (myself especially), we had no help whatsoever. Everything was done 'the hard way' and many of the people offering advice have either done it or been involved in the process in some way.

This means that the conglomeration of advice is usually pretty good, if maybe. sometimes, blunt! Feel free to ask any questions or concerns you have and we'll do our best.

As the old commercial goes..."I can't, but I know a man who can"!!
Old Jan 20th 2015, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

rrp82 is an unknown quantity at this point

(I'm the US citizen...please don't shoo me out of the British expat forum...just looking for some advice on this process!) Just filed the I-130 for my English husband. Sent it to the London Embassy thru the DCF option. Received an email stating that it was received and began being processed on December 30th, with likely approval time of 30 to 45 days. We are going to go ahead and get all of the other necessary docs together (police certificate, I-864 sponsorship form, etc) so that we are ready to fill out the DS-260 and submit that as soon as we get the I-130 approval. Anyone have any recent advice to add about the lag time between getting all of these approvals, interview date wait time, etc? Also, anyone had any luck getting anything expedited due to family loss, grievance, impending expectancy of baby, etc? (All of which we are dealing with currently as we wait out this process.) Thx.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rrp82
Anyone have any recent advice to add about the lag time between getting all of these approvals, interview date wait time, etc?
You seem to have everything well in hand. Well done. Approval for the I-130 seems to be about 3-4 months, with approval for the DS-260 about 2-3 months after that. Make sure your husband doesn't have the medical too soon, as his visa will be valid for 6 months from that date - not date of issuance.

Also, anyone had any luck getting anything expedited due to family loss, grievance, impending expectancy of baby, etc? (All of which we are dealing with currently as we wait out this process.)
Sorry, but the system moves at its own pace for family-based applications. I've been following this forum for a very long time, and I can't recall a single instance where a family-based application has been expedited for any reason at all.

Keep in mind that as the USC, you can return to the US whenever you want. You aren't required to be in the UK for any of the next steps in the process. That doesn't help your husband, but perhaps there are family matters in the US with which you're able to help. Good luck to you.

Ian