Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Approved - Waiting to hear from NVC

I-130 Approved - Waiting to hear from NVC

Old Apr 7th 2009, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

eduk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 Approved - Waiting to hear from NVC

I'm a UK citizen living in the UK, married to US citizen and applying for green card. We heard that our I-130 petition had been approved at the beginning of March, but are still waiting to receive any documents - specifically DS3032 - from the NVC.

Does anyone have recent experience with this stage of the process? How long does it take for the NVC to start processing cases received from the visa processing centers?

Any luck calling the NVC to ask whether the case is being processed?

Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2009, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of
Default Re: I-130 Approved - Waiting to hear from NVC

Originally Posted by eduk
I'm a UK citizen living in the UK, married to US citizen and applying for green card. We heard that our I-130 petition had been approved at the beginning of March, but are still waiting to receive any documents - specifically DS3032 - from the NVC.

Does anyone have recent experience with this stage of the process? How long does it take for the NVC to start processing cases received from the visa processing centers?

Thanks
Give them a call; my fiancée called about our K-1 petition when it had been set to the NVC, and they were more than happy to tell us what was going on. They even gave us our London case number.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3177.html
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:54 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

... How long does it take for the NVC to start processing cases received from the visa processing centers?
Point of clarification - the NVC receives approved petitions from CIS Service Centers, which are not "visa processing centers". The visa processing centers are the consulates.

The NVC does not so much 'process' as 'collect' the material that the consulates need to process the visa applications.

You should first hear from the NVC a couple of weeks after it receives the approved petition from CIS.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a UK citizen living in the UK, married to US citizen and applying for green card.
Just for clarification, you aren't applying for a green card. You're applying for an Immigrant Visa. You will get your green card when you use your Immigrant Visa to enter the USA.

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

BobbeD is just really niceBobbeD is just really niceBobbeD is just really niceBobbeD is just really niceBobbeD is just really niceBobbeD is just really niceBobbeD is just really niceBobbeD is just really nice

Thanks
Looks like a similar timeline to mine. My I-130 was approved end of Feb and received by NVC March 4th. I didn't get DS3032 as I'm working with a lawyer (this makes the DS3032 redundant as they assume the lawyer is the person to contact). However, it did take a while to get the AOS bill through and we only just got it this week. Probably worth calling NVC although you may just get a scripted response that doesn't tell you much! They seem to be going a little slower than usual, probably due to the service centers speeding up and creating a backlog for NVC. Good luck though.