I-130 approved, now what? London

Old Oct 18th 2002, 8:55 pm
Lotpodz

Default I-130 approved, now what? London

Hi

So we have been approved on the I-130 and they didn't send any paperwork or
instructions for the next step. Can someone please tell me what steps I need
to take now? What forms, fees, etc??

I am USC living in London, have been here 3 years with my husband.

Many thanks
**L**

Old Oct 18th 2002, 11:06 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 approved, now what? London

Originally posted by Lotpodz:
Hi

So we have been approved on the I-130 and they didn't send any paperwork or
instructions for the next step. Can someone please tell me what steps I need
to take now? What forms, fees, etc??

I am USC living in London, have been here 3 years with my husband.

Many thanks
**L**
Hi L,

I am assuming you DCF and you received your NOA. What have you done up to now? If you haven't already you can file your DS-230 (this is the visa application) and then collect all your documents so that you can file the OF-169 (now called DS-2001). If you have no idea what I just said then you can download these from the web or wait until they arrive in the post in about a week or two (the two forms plus the affadavit of support are called the packet 3).

The reason you have not received anything else is because the NOA is to you as the US citizen to say that the visa process can begin. Your husband will receive the Packet 3 in about 15 days (maybe a bit longer) You can file the packet 3 forms before you receive them in the post.

Good Luck

Patric
Old Oct 19th 2002, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Patrick:

Hi L,

I am assuming you DCF and you received your NOA. What have you done up to now? If you haven't already you can file your DS-230 (this is the visa application) and then collect all your documents so that you can file the OF-169 (now called DS-2001). If you have no idea what I just said then you can download these from the web or wait until they arrive in the post in about a week or two (the two forms plus the affadavit of support are called the packet 3).

The reason you have not received anything else is because the NOA is to you as the US citizen to say that the visa process can begin. Your husband will receive the Packet 3 in about 15 days (maybe a bit longer) You can file the packet 3 forms before you receive them in the post.

Good Luck

Patric
Hi, after reading your post, I'm wondering what is the DS-2001, when I went on the site, it has the DS-230 Part1 and 2, the DS-156 and the DS-156k, they also have something called the DS-2000 which basically lists how do you intend to support yourself. The latter form is not one to be filled out, merely used as a guide to let us know how to prove sponsorship. At least that is what I think it is. So, needless to say, I'm confused, because I downloaded this forms from the usembassy website. Please clarify this for me. Thank you in advance. Cheers !
Old Oct 19th 2002, 8:35 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by katnap8:

Hi, after reading your post, I'm wondering what is the DS-2001, when I went on the site, it has the DS-230 Part1 and 2, the DS-156 and the DS-156k, they also have something called the DS-2000 which basically lists how do you intend to support yourself. The latter form is not one to be filled out, merely used as a guide to let us know how to prove sponsorship. At least that is what I think it is. So, needless to say, I'm confused, because I downloaded this forms from the usembassy website. Please clarify this for me. Thank you in advance. Cheers !
The OF-169 is now called the DS-2001 as simple as that - packet 3 now consists of DS-230 I, DS-2001 and the I-184. Its not a new form (in fact when you click the link to download the DS-2001 it still says OF-169 on the form). Its marketing - when something isn't doing so well change the name and hope people think its a new product rather than the same old crap with a new name!

Patrick
Old Oct 20th 2002, 10:57 am
Lotpodz

Thanks so much everyone.

Do I need to send off the Affidavit with the OF 169 and DS230? I am filing
DCF in London.

Someone told me I only need to have all that stuff ready for the interview
and not to send so Im a little confused.

Many thanks
**L**

"Patrick" wrote in message
news:448462.1035016539@britishexpats-
.com
    > Originally posted by katnap8:
    > >
    > >
    > > Hi, after reading your post, I'm wondering what is the DS-2001, when I
    > > went on the site, it has the DS-230 Part1 and 2, the DS-156 and the
    > > DS-156k, they also have something called the DS-2000 which basically
    > > lists how do you intend to support yourself. The latter form is not
    > > one to be filled out, merely used as a guide to let us know how to
    > > prove sponsorship. At least that is what I think it is. So, needless
    > > to say, I'm confused, because I downloaded this forms from the
    > > usembassy website. Please clarify this for me. Thank you in advance.
    > > Cheers !
    > The OF-169 is now called the DS-2001 as simple as that - packet 3 now
    > consists of DS-230 I, DS-2001 and the I-184. Its not a new form (in fact
    > when you click the link to download the DS-2001 it still says OF-169 on
    > the form). Its marketing - when something isn't doing so well change the
    > name and hope people think its a new product rather than the same old
    > crap with a new name!
    > Patrick
    > --

Old Oct 20th 2002, 11:48 am
Pagan Sex God

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Lotpodz:
Thanks so much everyone.

Do I need to send off the Affidavit with the OF 169 and DS230? I am filing
DCF in London.

Someone told me I only need to have all that stuff ready for the interview
and not to send so Im a little confused.

Many thanks
**L**

Hi,

All you have to do now is send in the DS-230 and OF-169, everything else is presented at the interview.

Patrick
Old Oct 21st 2002, 4:55 pm
Lotpodz

ok great!

thanks Patrick

"Patrick" wrote in message
news:449199.1035114508@britishexpats-
.com
    > Originally posted by Lotpodz:
    > > Thanks so much everyone.
    > >
    > > Do I need to send off the Affidavit with the OF 169 and DS230? I
    > > am filing
    > > DCF in London.
    > >
    > > Someone told me I only need to have all that stuff ready for the
    > > interview
    > > and not to send so Im a little confused.
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > > **L**
    > >
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > All you have to do now is send in the DS-230 and OF-169, everything
    > > else is presented at the interview.
    > >
    > > Patrick
    > --