Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 approved by Nebraska

I-130 approved by Nebraska

Old Nov 18th 2004, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

davewilliams will become famous soon enoughdavewilliams will become famous soon enough
Default I-130 approved by Nebraska

Looked on the USCIS case status today and got this:

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On November 15, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Not long to go now. I got my other wish too; we'll have been married 2 years on Christmas Eve, so I think I can safely say we'll be able to delay the interview until after this and avoid the conditions.

Can anyone confirm this, and whether to expect a hard time at the interview (presumably in London)?

On a secondary and blatantly off-topic note, I revamped my business website and uploaded it today (before seeing the above). I would really appreciate any criticism, comments etc. It's www.sciotomicro.com

Thanks in advance for any answers on both items, and hope no-one minds the off-topic bit.

Thank you especially to all members of this group who have been so supportive and helpful during the last 2 years, Cindy especially.

Dave

Dave
Old Nov 18th 2004, 3:22 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 approved by Nebraska

Originally Posted by davewilliams

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On November 15, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Not long to go now. I got my other wish too; we'll have been married 2 years on Christmas Eve, so I think I can safely say we'll be able to delay the interview until after this and avoid the conditions.

Can anyone confirm this, and whether to expect a hard time at the interview (presumably in London)?

On a secondary and blatantly off-topic note, I revamped my business website and uploaded it today (before seeing the above). I would really appreciate any criticism, comments etc. It's www.sciotomicro.com

Thanks in advance for any answers on both items, and hope no-one minds the off-topic bit.

Thank you especially to all members of this group who have been so supportive and helpful during the last 2 years, Cindy especially.

Dave

Dave

Awww, HUGS to you and the missus Dave. I think it's safe to count on the fact that you'll be well past your anniversary by the time they get to you if you're going to go the Immigrant visa route rather than stateside AOS. London is running about 2 months behind on 130s but that may be the ones that are DCFs rather than transferrals from NVC. In any event get your 864 together and a new police certificate (I think) and be ready to write some checks.
I don't think the interview in London is painful at all, maybe a wee bit longer than my DH's 5 minute K3 one was, , but not bad.
Onward to Victory
Old Nov 18th 2004, 3:39 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Current Status:

This
Dave
CONGRATULATIONS DAVE!!

My I-130 was approved about a month ago and it finally reached NVC! (They received my case November 10), my case number starts with MDD now.. I believe the MDD is for Madrid, Hope they don't send it out there.. do I have to call and tell them I would like to AOS here?
I have another question.. our second anniversary will be July 26.. I was thinking to wait to file a little while so I could get my green card without conditions.. can I do that?, or do I have to file right away because an immigrant number is available to me?, so many questions!!

Thanks!!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

davewilliams will become famous soon enoughdavewilliams will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Awww, HUGS to you and the missus Dave. I think it's safe to count on the fact that you'll be well past your anniversary by the time they get to you if you're going to go the Immigrant visa route rather than stateside AOS. London is running about 2 months behind on 130s but that may be the ones that are DCFs rather than transferrals from NVC. In any event get your 864 together and a new police certificate (I think) and be ready to write some checks.
I don't think the interview in London is painful at all, maybe a wee bit longer than my DH's 5 minute K3 one was, , but not bad.
Onward to Victory
Should we expect to write big checks, do you know? Not that it makes any difference.

Dave
Old Nov 18th 2004, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

pkmk is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: I-130 approved by Nebraska

Current Status:

Dave

Dave

CONGRATS
Old Nov 18th 2004, 11:25 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Should we expect to write big checks, do you know? Not that it makes any difference.

Dave

Hmm. 65 bucks and 335 bucks was what I sent. Plus I am not sure but since my husband's medical exam with Doc Phelan is more than a year old, we may or may not (this seems to be debateable) have to pony up for another one of those.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Megan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Hmm. 65 bucks and 335 bucks was what I sent. Plus I am not sure but since my husband's medical exam with Doc Phelan is more than a year old, we may or may not (this seems to be debateable) have to pony up for another one of those.

My husband is going to have another Medical...His K-3 medical was over 2 years ago. We got a summary of the fees, and it looks like it's in the neighborhood of $200. We were also told on the interview letter that we will need to pay another $335 or so for the visa...I'm assuming that's in addition to the $335 we mailed to the NVC, although it's odd that it's the same amount.

For Dave, if you're concerned about how long before you get your interview, our I-130 was approved in February 2004, and we have the interview in Tel Aviv on February 1, 2005. The wait for the interview was around 3 months.

Megan
Old Nov 21st 2004, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Megan

For Dave, if you're concerned about how long before you get your interview, our I-130 was approved in February 2004, and we have the interview in Tel Aviv on February 1, 2005. The wait for the interview was around 3 months.

Megan
Just thinking ahead here, but my K3's valid until 18th December 05. Anyone know what happens if I'm still waiting for an interview and the K3 runs out?

Cheers
Dave
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:13 am
Sursum corda

Just thinking ahead here, but my K3's valid until 18th December 05. Anyone know what happens if I'm still waiting for an interview and the K3 runs out?

Cheers
Dave
In the hopefully, highly unlikely chance this won't get taken care of before then, you'd apply for an extension of the k3 i believe.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Megan is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers
Dave
We are in this exact situation. My husband's K-3 expired in October 2004, however, his I-94 is valid until May 2006. I did a lot of searching for the answer to your question, and my best guess, after talking to 3 USCIS officers (who of course all gave me conflicting info), an immigration lawyer, and congressman, and a response from Mr. F, my conclusion was that as long as the I-94 is still valid, he is still legal. However, now that his K-3 has expired, once he leaves the country, he will not be able to return, which shouldn't be a problem, as he is only leaving for his interview.

You can file to renew your K-3, I think the fee is $165. It takes 6 months or so. Hopefully, however, you won't have to worry about any of this...You still have over a year to go...

Megan