I-130 Approved

Old Feb 4th 2004, 8:20 pm
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 Approved - Vermont

Yahoo! Just found out on the website. I finally feel like my checking every hour paid off!

What does this mean for the K3? Does anyone know if I have to take any action to stop that from being processed?

Happy day!
Old Feb 4th 2004, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Dorceia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 Approved - Vermont

Originally posted by KimJ
Yahoo! Just found out on the website. I finally feel like my checking every hour paid off!

What does this mean for the K3? Does anyone know if I have to take any action to stop that from being processed?

Happy day!
Congratulations!!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 2:45 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Happy day!
Congratulations! There's no reason to stop action on the I-129f. Just ignore it if you're certain you want to proceed with IV processing. Most of the processing for the IV takes place at the NVC and is rather slow, so there are people in situations similar to yours who prefer to continue with the K3 and worry about the IV or AOS later.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 3:05 am
Queen of the Obvious

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Congratulations! There's no reason to stop action on the I-129f. Just ignore it if you're certain you want to proceed with IV processing. Most of the processing for the IV takes place at the NVC and is rather slow, so there are people in situations similar to yours who prefer to continue with the K3 and worry about the IV or AOS later.
Thank you, Heba!

I think that's probably what will happen - we'll just let things go on. I've just started researching this, but information is scarce. Well, it'll all work itself out, like everything else.

It does feel like a huge weight has been lifted - that's for sure!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 3:21 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Thank you, Heba!

I think that's probably what will happen - we'll just let things go on. I've just started researching this, but information is scarce. Well, it'll all work itself out, like everything else.

It does feel like a huge weight has been lifted - that's for sure!
Check out this info. I assume you will be going thru Sweden.

http://travel.state.gov/spouse_fiance(e).html#1b
http://travel.state.gov/nvc3.html
Old Feb 5th 2004, 1:26 pm
Queen of the Obvious

Check out this info. I assume you will be going thru Sweden.

http://travel.state.gov/spouse_fiance(e).html#1b
http://travel.state.gov/nvc3.html
Great links - Thank you!

Yes - we will be going through Sweden. I'm wondering if the time to process everything has anything to do with the country involved - not too many people immigrate from Sweden (comparatively speaking...).

What to do, what to do...
Old Feb 5th 2004, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Happy day!
Congrats
Old Feb 5th 2004, 4:43 pm
Queen of the Obvious

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Congrats
Thank you!

And I just found that our I-129f was approved yesterday too.

The 'what to do' confusion increases....
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:17 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!

Hey Kim!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!:PARTY: :PARTY:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=i130+approved

Hope that answer your questions!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:24 pm
Queen of the Obvious

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Kim!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!:PARTY: :PARTY:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=i130+approved

Hope that answer your questions!
Thanks Hyper!

I guess the part that is stopping us from making the final decision on which to pursue is the time it will take to complete. If we're talking about a month longer to complete IV processing, then the answer is obvious. If it's going to take 6 months, then maybe we continue with the K3. We were hoping to have him get here end of March/beginning of April. We can delay that a little - but certainly not beyond May.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

Thank you!

I can't tell you what to do, but I have a suggestion for framing the decision. You can weigh your need to see your spouse sooner against the desire to have him automatically work authorized when he enters and not have to adjust his status. You might want to search for the experiences other folks have had with your district office to get a grip on what kind of time you are looking at to have him work authorized.
Good luck deciding!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:54 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Thanks Hyper!

I guess the part that is stopping us from making the final decision on which to pursue is the time it will take to complete. If we're talking about a month longer to complete IV processing, then the answer is obvious. If it's going to take 6 months, then maybe we continue with the K3. We were hoping to have him get here end of March/beginning of April. We can delay that a little - but certainly not beyond May.
I would guess that IV will be faster in Sweden than other places, but the processing that takes place at the NVC is still very slow. My I-130 was approved on December 31st and I didn't receive the affidavit of support fee bill and agent of choice letter until the 24th of January. Unless you plan on doing AOS, it might be a good idea to work on both the IV and K3.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:04 pm
Queen of the Obvious

I would guess that IV will be faster in Sweden than other places, but the processing that takes place at the NVC is still very slow. My I-130 was approved on December 31st and I didn't receive the affidavit of support fee bill and agent of choice letter until the 24th of January. Unless you plan on doing AOS, it might be a good idea to work on both the IV and K3.
I was hoping that it would be faster since it's Sweden... We most likely will continue with both.

Does NVC have an online place to check the status? Or will they have to endure daily phone calls from me?

I have to say this place is great - I've been able to gather so much information over the past day that will help us make our decision about what to do.

Thanks everyone!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:38 pm
Overworked and exhausted

I was hoping that it would be faster since it's Sweden... We most likely will continue with both.

Does NVC have an online place to check the status? Or will they have to endure daily phone calls from me?

I have to say this place is great - I've been able to gather so much information over the past day that will help us make our decision about what to do.

Thanks everyone!
The NVC doesn't have an online system, so you're going to have to harass them! I checked my online status today and it said they received my AOS fee bill on Feb 3 and to expect further instructions within 6 weeks <insert puking smilie>. I sent the DS-3032 yesterday via express mail and it was delivered today, but I wonder when they're actually going to get around to updating their system. Just keep in mind that if you start processing the IV at the NVC and your husband enters in the meanwhile on a K3, that he will have to go back to Sweden for the IV interview. It's probably better than having to wait for AOS but I don't know if you'd be able to afford going back again so soon.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:43 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hyper!

Hey again!!

I am sorry I cant answer your question. Let us know what "route" you end up taking!!
Take care!!