Wikiposts

I-130

Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:30 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130

Originally Posted by meauxna
SOS, that is not true.

Permanent Residents may petition for their spouses.

I did not know that - sorry.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

teamt will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Oh dear.

Your husband could not petition for you to come over until he is a US Citizen. The immigrant visa he will receive from the I-130 petition will only make him a Permanent Resident. He can only apply to become a citizen 5 years after he becomes a Permanent Resident.

Sadly, to do it that way you need to take the wait for the immigrant visa to become available, then add on 5 years plus processing time, plus the time for his I-130 for you to go through (8-10 mo on top of that).

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news
f**k i was only asking i didnt think i could i just wanted to know, u never had to be so hard i have no family here just wanted some around for my kids is that so bad??

and that was for moderatrix
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:38 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teamt
f**k i was only asking i didnt think i could i just wanted to know, u never had to be so hard i have no family here just wanted some around for my kids is that so bad??
I apologize - I wasn't trying to be hard, merely realistic. OK, as meauxna pointed out I was also incorrect but the sentiment is still the same - it's not a quick fix for you I am afraid.

What you want to do isn't wrong in the slightest - it's just the cards aren't stacked in your favour. I did not mean to upset you. Mea culpa
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

I apologize - I wasn't trying to be hard, merely realistic. OK, as meauxna pointed out I was also incorrect but the sentiment is still the same - it's not a quick fix for you I am afraid.

What you want to do isn't wrong in the slightest - it's just the cards aren't stacked in your favour. I did not mean to upset you. Mea culpa
no it wasnt u i did not think we could do that, just because he said that 2day i just wanted to know
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:41 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

SOS,

The OP is evidently using some kind of hand-held device where she can't quote the correct text, read the quoted text, or type in full words and sentences. You were fine, her unecessary anger was directed at meauxna, who was just trying to get her to understand once and for all, that they ARE on the correct path and there is nothing more they can do until visa numbers become available to them both, around 8+ years from now.

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:46 am
I have a comma problem

no it wasnt u i did not think we could do that, just because he said that 2day i just wanted to know
'S OK - it appears I may have mis-interpreted your quote. No big deal. It's not easy to get into the US I'm afraid, and it is frustrating sometimes when it is not cut and dry.

Also, just a word of warning - the USCIS 1-800 number isn't really much help, as they are only able to give you status updates and filing advice. If your MIL was advised by them she should take it with a pinch of salt.

For example - when adjusting my status after I got married, after about 11 months I called to see why it was seemingly held up. Was told a green card takes up to 3 years

I received my green card in the mail within 2 months of that phonecall . . .

At any rate, filing as married will make it quicker for you and the children to move out too. It's just that quicker could mean 10 years instead of 15 .
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

At any rate, filing as married will make it quicker for you and the children to move out too. It's just that quicker could mean 10 years instead of 15 .
The point is, it's not optional. The son is married, so he is filed that way. He doesn't get to select.

I have helped people with English as a 2nd language in these discussions for years; I try very hard to understand what the person is saying and to respond in a way they can understand.
I still can not understand what the MIL thinks she was told about this petition. And that is over some 20 posts from the OP (excluding the profanity one she just posted to me).
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: I-130

Originally Posted by Noorah101
SOS,

The OP is evidently using some kind of hand-held device where she can't quote the correct text, read the quoted text, or type in full words and sentences. You were fine, her unecessary anger was directed at meauxna, who was just trying to get her to understand once and for all, that they ARE on the correct path and there is nothing more they can do until visa numbers become available to them both, around 8+ years from now.

Rene
thank you
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:59 am
I have a comma problem

The point is, it's not optional. The son is married, so he is filed that way. He doesn't get to select.

I have helped people with English as a 2nd language in these discussions for years; I try very hard to understand what the person is saying and to respond in a way they can understand.
I still can not understand what the MIL thinks she was told about this petition. And that is over some 20 posts from the OP (excluding the profanity one she just posted to me).
I concur - didn't mean to imply there was an option. Just attempting to reassure the OP she was doing it right.

Might I add that you have the patience of a saint by the way?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:08 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I concur - didn't mean to imply there was an option. Just attempting to reassure the OP she was doing it right.

Might I add that you have the patience of a saint by the way?
Not me, that must be Rene you are thinking of.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:16 am
I have a comma problem

Not me, that must be Rene you are thinking of.
All of you really, especially when I roll in and give mis-informed advice
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:03 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
SOS,

Rene
Query: how do you come to the conclusion that it will 8+ years from now? At the start of FY 2010 [Oct 2009], the cut-off was at 15 Jan 2001. In November it was 1 March 2001. This important because it seems that Jan-April 2001 filings wear dealt with fairly quickly. In December 2009, it advanced to 22 May 2001 -- and then remained there until the end of this month. Next month it will advance to 8 Jun 2001. So, it seems that they were still chewing through the 245(i) bulge and USCIS is reporting those numbers now. USCIS is notorious for telling Visa Office to take a hike and often fails to provide the VO the information to do its job accurately.

Final query: who the hell knows how long it will take?

Note: All you can say is that people who got in line before 8 June 2001 will be current next month. Period. Nothing more. "Your mileage may vary" does not apply. Rather it is "Your mileage will vary" is applicable. Also, the FUBAR on the employment end of the shop means that there are no longer unused visa numbers to migrate over to the family end of the shop.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Query: how do you come to the conclusion that it will 8+ years from now? .
Yes, I suppose I could have said 1+ years from now and been more accurate.

Rene
Old Apr 10th 2010, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: I-130

Hiya all
not sure if I want to ask another question after last nite lol but am going to chance it

my hubby is studying at the moment and in few yrs he will have a degree in computing software development I was wanting to know if he could apply for a work visa without having experience or does he need a few yrs behind him???

Thanks

ps also is that degree one he could eventully get over on or is it only docs,nurse ect

Last edited by teamt; Apr 10th 2010 at 1:23 am.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 1:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was wanting to know if he could apply for a work visa without having experience or does he need a few yrs behind him?
He doesn't apply for a "work visa". A US sponsor applies for a visa on his behalf. So... will they apply for one when he has no experience? Unlikely.

... is that degree one he could eventully get over on or is it only docs,nurse ect
The degree is only useful if a US sponsor's job requires an employee to have that degree or something similar. A degree, by itself, isn't otherwise useful for immigration purposes... if you see what I mean!

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.