Wikiposts

I-130

Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

teamt will become famous soon enough
Default I-130

hiya all
well i have a hard time trying to find out all the info i need for moving to usa (in past forums) if u want to know.. well i have been told 2day as me & hubby have just married in nov09 that we might have to reset his application because we got married, we wont know until whoever opens the letter with marriage licence in it decides if they want it put back or just puts it in for us?? also we could loose our $355 we payed why is it not just a straight yes/no?? also i know u have to get a police report (awayin future i know) b ut how long back do they want 5/10yrs?

thanks for reading

leanne
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:12 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130

If you're already married, then it is the CR-1 immigrant visa that you apply for. The US Citizen has to file the I-130 from the States, unless they have been resident in the UK for enough time to do direct consular filing. You mentioned another application - mind me asking which visa you had applied for?

No doubt one of the more knowlegable posters (meauxna or Noorah101) will be along with some words of wisdom so here are mine - listen to them .

Seriously, they know whereof they speak.

Police certificates are probably only needed for 6mo - 1yr, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I understand your frustration on not getting a straight answer, but if you have patience and listen to advice posted by others here, you'll be fine.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teamt
hiya all
well i have a hard time trying to find out all the info i need for moving to usa (in past forums) if u want to know.. well i have been told 2day as me & hubby have just married in nov09 that we might have to reset his application because we got married, we wont know until whoever opens the letter with marriage licence in it decides if they want it put back or just puts it in for us?? also we could loose our $355 we payed why is it not just a straight yes/no?? also i know u have to get a police report (awayin future i know) b ut how long back do they want 5/10yrs?

thanks for reading

leanne
Hi leanne,

I'm sure someone will move this to the US Immigration forum for you. In the meantime....

What relationship is the I-130 based on? Is one of you a USC? Are you both living in the UK?

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is her previous thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661993

Her husband's father put in an I-130 in the USA for him when he was UNmarried.

Now he's married.

The category has changed.

Leanne....you won't lose the $355. That stays in place. Nothing gets "reset", it's just that being married puts the beneficiary (your husband) into a different immigration category, which might have a different backlog waiting time than the one he was originally in.

The police report should span your whole history from the time you were 16. There are posts on how to obtain the police report over in the US Immigration forum. But don't get the police report until you get word that your visa number is available and the process has begun through NVC (National Visa Center), because the police reports expire eventually.

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
If you're already married, then it is the CR-1 immigrant visa that you apply for. The US Citizen has to file the I-130 from the States, unless they have been resident in the UK for enough time to do direct consular filing. You mentioned another application - mind me asking which visa you had applied for?

No doubt one of the more knowlegable posters (meauxna or Noorah101) will be along with some words of wisdom so here are mine - listen to them .

Seriously, they know whereof they speak.

Police certificates are probably only needed for 6mo - 1yr, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I understand your frustration on not getting a straight answer, but if you have patience and listen to advice posted by others here, you'll be fine.
hey
well my hubbys mum and dad have lived in usa for over 10yrs dad a citizen we put his I-130 in over a yr ago asked immigration would we just add me and keep our place they said yes immigration keep telling us different all i want to know is a straight answer. they also told us we would go to london on the unmarried petition (4yrs) then they would fill me and our girls and tell us then if we r going now or if they just fancied making us wait and then put us in the married catagory i just dont know what to think, trying to find out as much as poss.

r u in usa??

thank for answering me

ps is it noe cat F3??
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:29 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

hey
well my hubbys mum and dad have lived in usa for over 10yrs dad a citizen we put his I-130 in over a yr ago asked immigration would we just add me and keep our place they said yes immigration keep telling us different all i want to know is a straight answer. they also told us we would go to london on the unmarried petition (4yrs) then they would fill me and our girls and tell us then if we r going now or if they just fancied making us wait and then put us in the married catagory i just dont know what to think, trying to find out as much as poss.

r u in usa??

thank for answering me

ps is it noe cat F3??
Yes I am in the USA (if that question was directed at me )

Noorah101 (Rete) answered the question pretty succinctly a bit above. I just wanted to apologise for spazzing out on the police certs!! They are easy to obtain though - I think the freedom of information act, or whatever it is called, in the UK requires that any and all personal information requested must be sent out inside 40 days. Of course it could take 5 days, 15, or the full 40 but the law states you must have it by then.

Or at least it did when I worked for Income Support.

Best of luck anyway
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Here is her previous thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661993

Her husband's father put in an I-130 in the USA for him when he was UNmarried.

Now he's married.

The category has changed.

Leanne....you won't lose the $355. That stays in place. Nothing gets "reset", it's just that being married puts the beneficiary (your husband) into a different immigration category, which might have a different backlog waiting time than the one he was originally in.

The police report should span your whole history from the time you were 16. There are posts on how to obtain the police report over in the US Immigration forum. But don't get the police report until you get word that your visa number is available and the process has begun through NVC (National Visa Center), because the police reports expire eventually.

Rene
Hey
my mother in law asked them this 2day and they said it depends on who opens it they decide thats why he couldnt answer yes/no, i dont think we will lose it but why can they not just give me an answer why is it like that??

thank you
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:35 am

hey

r u in usa??

thank for answering me

ps is it noe cat F3??
If your husband had stayed unmarried, there would have been NO way for you to accompany him to the USA.

Now that he's married you, you can accompany him to the USA, so that's a plus.

You need to be keeping your eye on the Visa Bulletin here: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frv...etin_4747.html

Your husband used to be category F1, which they are now working on petitions from 2004 (so about 6 years ago).

Your husband is now in category F3, which they are now working on petitions from 2001 (so about 9 years ago).

The good news is now that you're married, you have no problem accompanying him to the USA at the same time he goes. The bad news is that his category has changed to one with a longer backlog. So now you have to just sit back and wait until it's your turn to have a visa number available to you (your husband and you), so you can then immigrate to the USA together.

*** Before, as an unmarried person, he would have had to wait the 5 more years or so, move to the USA, THEN get married to you, petition for you, wait another 5 years or so for YOUR category (wife of a US Permanent Resident) to become current, then you could immigrate. So this new category is actually better, you can stay together while waiting, and immigrate to the USA at the same time. The previous way would have meant some years living apart while he's in the USA and you're waiting for your visa number. ***

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:37 am

Hey
my mother in law asked them this 2day and they said it depends on who opens it they decide thats why he couldnt answer yes/no, i dont think we will lose it but why can they not just give me an answer why is it like that??

thank you
I think your MIL got incorrect information. Your husband's petition has already been paid for, is already in the system, and will remain there. All they will do is make a note that he's now married (with proof of your marriage certificate), and that he's now in a different category. The fee does not get lost, and does not need to be paid again.

USCIS is not well-known for giving correct answers.

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Yes I am in the USA (if that question was directed at me )

Noorah101 (Rete) answered the question pretty succinctly a bit above. I just wanted to apologise for spazzing out on the police certs!! They are easy to obtain though - I think the freedom of information act, or whatever it is called, in the UK requires that any and all personal information requested must be sent out inside 40 days. Of course it could take 5 days, 15, or the full 40 but the law states you must have it by then.

Or at least it did when I worked for Income Support.

Best of luck anyway
hiya
the police reports wasnt really a worry just a wee Q that came up 2day. they did say when i sent in marriage cert that i would take 30 to 45 days to get back to us with the answer to the Q thats driving me nuts.

did u stay in uk??
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:40 am

Noorah101 (Rete) ....
Make that "Noorah101 (Rene)".

I know, Rete and Rene look similar.

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

I think your MIL got incorrect information. Your husband's petition has already been paid for, is already in the system, and will remain there. All they will do is make a note that he's now married (with proof of your marriage certificate), and that he's now in a different category. The fee does not get lost, and does not need to be paid again.

USCIS is not well-known for giving correct answers.

Rene
she has been told so much rubbish. i thought if she called them we would have our answers for def but WTF she has been told 5 diff things
i am finding more out online to all the people on here.
have u experienced or some one u with the uscis???
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Make that "Noorah101 (Rene)".

I know, Rete and Rene look similar.

Rene

?????
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:48 am

?????
That comment was for SultanOfSwing, who confused me (Rene) with another poster (Rete).

I assume you can't see the quoted text in these messages?

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

That comment was for SultanOfSwing, who confused me (Rene) with another poster (Rete).

I assume you can't see the quoted text in these messages?

Rene
yes SultanOfSwing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.