Wikiposts

I-130

Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130

Originally Posted by teamt
have u experienced or some one u with the uscis???
Yes, I have experience with USCIS....my husband came to the USA on a K-1 fiance visa. He's now a USC. I never had any problems with USCIS, but I actually got most of my information from this forum (well, the marriage-based one).

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

teamt will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, I have experience with USCIS....my husband came to the USA on a K-1 fiance visa. He's now a USC. I never had any problems with USCIS, but I actually got most of my information from this forum (well, the marriage-based one).

Rene
think its just us lol maybe because he has me and the girls dont know but they r defo not making gettin answers easy
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:05 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

hiya
the police reports wasnt really a worry just a wee Q that came up 2day. they did say when i sent in marriage cert that i would take 30 to 45 days to get back to us with the answer to the Q thats driving me nuts.

did u stay in uk??
I was born in the UK - Belfast. Came out here on a K1 fiancee visa, got married to my American fiancee and have been here since September 2005. Filed for citizenship this year

@ Noorah101 - Sorry, I did mean Rene! Must be Friday again
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I was born in the UK - Belfast. Came out here on a K1 fiancee visa, got married to my American fiancee and have been here since September 2005. Filed for citizenship this year

@ Noorah101 - Sorry, I did mean Rene! Must be Friday again
good for u. how u enjoying it???
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:10 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Really difficult to answer since I at least don't have a clue what she is going on about. I can't figure on what basis her husband has an I-130 filed for him, IF that is what she is talking about.

You're jumping to the conclusion that she is married to a Yank. Quite possible she isn't.

Isn't Noorah great. She took the time to look up what this woman was talking about and then she filled in the blanks ...

If you're already married, then it is the CR-1 immigrant visa that you apply for. The US Citizen has to file the I-130 from the States, unless they have been resident in the UK for enough time to do direct consular filing. You mentioned another application - mind me asking which visa you had applied for?

No doubt one of the more knowlegable posters (meauxna or Noorah101) will be along with some words of wisdom so here are mine - listen to them .

Seriously, they know whereof they speak.

Police certificates are probably only needed for 6mo - 1yr, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I understand your frustration on not getting a straight answer, but if you have patience and listen to advice posted by others here, you'll be fine.

Last edited by Rete; Apr 9th 2010 at 8:18 am. Reason: Thanks Noorah
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:12 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

hey
r u in usa??

thank for answering me

ps is it noe cat F3??
Could you possibly write in proper English and not in text speak? What the devil is noe cat F3?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Could you possibly write in proper English and not in text speak? What the devil is noe cat F3?
LOL, took me a while to figure it out, too.

noe = typo for "now"
cat = category
F3 = Family based 3rd preference, married son of USC

Rene
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Really difficult to answer since I at least don't have a clue what she is going on about. I can't figure on what basis her husband has an I-130 filed for him, IF that is what she is talking about.

You're jumping to the conclusion that she is married to a Yank. Quite possible she isn't.
hiya my hubbys dad is a citizen and i did say read my old forums. i thought maybe wrong as i dont know all the ins & out but a I-130 was and immediate family member filling for a son daughter ect
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

good for u. how u enjoying it???
I like it. A while back I got pretty homesick for Blighty but I worked through it and now I'm happy to stay.

Last year was the clincher - we bought our first house after renting for 3 years, and we found out we were expecting a daughter. She was born Feb 16th and now I couldn't be happier here!

Still miss Norn Irn, and I'm still a Brit at heart but I do enjoy living in the USA. Just finished reading Stephen Fry in America and I'm dying to get out and travel round the country now. Particularly the Southwest, Pacific NW and New England. Illinois is fine, and I love Chicago when I can get there, but there are so many other places to see.

Rete

- Yeah I spazzed out completely on this one. I wanted to help but was not really qualified to this time!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:14 am
Concierge

Teamt

As Third Family Based Preference (married sons and daughters of US Citizen), the wait can be up to 20 years.

Think you need to get your lives started in the UK.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

hiya my hubbys dad is a citizen and i did say read my old forums. i thought maybe wrong as i dont know all the ins & out but a I-130 was and immediate family member filling for a son daughter ect
soz people many people now

family 3rd catagory
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

hiya

could u also tell me if this ok to do, immigration said to MIL 2day not to say me & hubby got married let him immigrate then say when he was over that he wanted his wife and kids to come over?? would that just be a bad idea
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:26 am
I have a comma problem

hiya

could u also tell me if this ok to do, immigration said to MIL 2day not to say me & hubby got married let him immigrate then say when he was over that he wanted his wife and kids to come over?? would that just be a bad idea
Oh dear.

Your husband could not petition for you to come over until he is a US Citizen. The immigrant visa he will receive from the I-130 petition will only make him a Permanent Resident. He can only apply to become a citizen 5 years after he becomes a Permanent Resident.

Sadly, to do it that way you need to take the wait for the immigrant visa to become available, then add on 5 years plus processing time, plus the time for his I-130 for you to go through (8-10 mo on top of that).

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

hiya

WHO is your mother in law speaking to?

The one thing you do NOT want to do is lie to "immigration". Your husband is married. If he wants to immigrate to the US, he gets in the line with the other married adult 'sons and daughters' of US citizens.
You just wait your turn, like everyone else. What is so difficult about this to grasp?

Your husband does not qualify to immigrate as an unmarried person because... he is married.

Even if he did a stupid thing like you just suggested, do you not understand that YOU would have to wait another 5 years OUTside the US for your own turn?

It would really, really help you if you wrote in complete English. Especially as you are having a difficult time understanding and being understood.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Your husband could not petition for you to come over until he is a US Citizen.
SOS, that is not true.

Permanent Residents may petition for their spouses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.