Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 – deep breath time!

I-130 – deep breath time!

Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

SDB1985 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I-130 – deep breath time!

Yes it would be nice to know the specific reason it was requested, but the RFE is a very standardized form where they tick a box for what you need.

The only other part that may have caused a flag to them, is that when we originally sent the I130, we didnt know an address for where I would be living. (my wife was here at the time but has now gone home to the US, and I was moving out of our flat but hadnt sorted out a place when we filed)

Part of the RFE requested that we confirm this new address - perhaps its in the rule book somewhere that they have to be suspicous if the petitioner doesnt know her husbands address! haha, I guess that does sound a bit dodgy, but we did write a short but to the point note about that - maybe they just had to follow procedure and get the info anyway