I-129F Timeline

Old May 9th 2001, 2:02 am
Johnny

I sent my I-129F form off about 2weeks ago to the Dallas office. From everything that
I had read, I was expecting an approval for petition to come back in about 10 days.
Instead I received a "Notice of Receipt" stating that it would take between 120 and
150 days to process this request. First question "Is this normal?" and second
question, "when they say 120 to 150 days, are they talking about just to aprove the
petition or before she can get her interview". Sorry, but I'm a newbe here and don't
have clue what to expect.

Johnny

Old May 9th 2001, 2:07 am
billypilgrim

If you are using some sort of e-mail client to post, just search for "TSC" in the
subject line, and you will find endless posts about this. Texas has been bogged down
for awhile now. Unfortunately, that 120 to 150 days just to approve the petition.
Although recent posts may show some signs of hope....

Beth

----------

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 9th 2001, 2:44 am
James McCartney

I-129Fs should go to INS Texas Service Center in Mesquite Texas (near San Antonio),
not Dallas. Anyway if you got an NOA I guess it got to the right place.

10 days for approval? No way. As far as 120 to 150 days goes let's check their track
record: When the phone message said 30-40 days that was clearly wrong. When they
changed it to 90-120 days that was wrong because when they put that message on, all
the approved applications were already over 120 days old. Unless they decide to get
moving again, I think even 150 day approvals are doubtful. Last month they made 13
days of progress. The month before that they made 10 days of progress. Welcome to TSC
waiting hell!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 9th 2001, 3:00 am
James McCartney

(*cancelled* I need a geography lesson.. )

10 days for approval? No way. As far as 120 to 150 days goes let's check their track
record: When the phone message said 30-40 days that was clearly wrong. When they
changed it to 90-120 days that was wrong because when they put that message on, all
the approved applications were already over 120 days old. Unless they decide to get
moving again, I think even 150 day approvals are doubtful. Last month they made 13
days of progress. The month before that they made 10 days of progress. Welcome to TSC
waiting hell!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 9th 2001, 3:22 am
Vermyndax

Glad I didn't read the same stuff you did - otherwise I would be an emotional
wreck by now.

Oh, wait... I'm already an emotional wreck. 30-40 days my ass.

--Alexander, who is at day 92 and still counting

>
    >
come
    >
that
    >
    >
    >
    >
to
    >
    >
    >

Old May 9th 2001, 7:04 am
Red97miata

>

>
    >

James.. just trivia.. Mesquite actually borders Dallas and is about 4 hours from San
Antonio.... Derrick (in Garland, 5 minutes to Mesquite, and you TSC employees need to
understand, I KNOW WHERE YOU WORK!!)

Old May 11th 2001, 6:21 pm
Ben Johnson

Johnny,

The 120 to 150 days is for approval of the petition...then add three to four weeks
from that for it to get to the consulate in Moscow.... then the interview (visa
issued) will likely be another month or two away from then. The weakest link is TSC.

Ben [email protected]

>
    >
come
    >
that
    >
    >
    >
    >
to
    >
    >
    >

Old May 11th 2001, 8:00 pm
Eben Haezer

Just a note regarding the Manila and Moscow embassies - I read on an immigration
attorney's web page that, according one of the authorities at TSC, any approvals
going to Manila or Moscow are now sent via Fedex, so I don't see why it should take 3
or 4 weeks to get there. TSC will NOT cable the approval unless you pay _at the time
of filing_ an additional fee - this from the same web page. Has ANYONE yet this year
actually gotten an approval from TSC ? I'd LOVE to hear from at least one person who
filed in 01 who at TSC who has gotten approval....This is killing me..