Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-129f Submission Tips?

I-129f Submission Tips?

Old Mar 30th 2009, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Kim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really nice
Default I-129f Submission Tips?

Hey everyone,

I just have a quick question for you guys, not exactly important but you guys are the ones to ask!

When putting together the whole I-129F package did anyone send it all in a folder of some sort or just leave it loose?

Oh! Also, I forgot to get photos done when i was in the U.S last week so I wondered if it would be okay to send in U.K style passport photos? I live in the north of Scotland so there are no U.S style booths around here! Heh! If its not acceptable I guess I will have to trawl the internet to see what I can can do!

Thanks everyone.

Kim
XXXX
Old Mar 30th 2009, 6:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K-1 Visa Applications - Jan 2009 Questions

Originally Posted by Kim_Abdn
Hey everyone,

I just have a quick question for you guys, not exactly important but you guys are the ones to ask!

When putting together the whole I-129F package did anyone send it all in a folder of some sort or just leave it loose?

Oh! Also, I forgot to get photos done when i was in the U.S last week so I wondered if it would be okay to send in U.K style passport photos? I live in the north of Scotland so there are no U.S style booths around here! Heh! If its not acceptable I guess I will have to trawl the internet to see what I can can do!

Thanks everyone.

Kim
XXXX
Hi Kim,

Hold everything in the I-129F package together with a big "bulldog clip". You can staple relevent pages together (like the 4-page G-325A, for example).

I believe you need US-style passport photos. There should be guidelines for the photo specs at www.uscis.gov somewhere.

Rene
Old Mar 30th 2009, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I live in the north of Scotland so there are no U.S style booths around here!
Inkjet printer + photo paper... cut to specs.

Ian
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Kim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Kim,

Hold everything in the I-129F package together with a big "bulldog clip". You can staple relevent pages together (like the 4-page G-325A, for example).

I believe you need US-style passport photos. There should be guidelines for the photo specs at www.uscis.gov somewhere.

Rene
Wow quick replies! Thanks Rene, it just seemed like there were too many pieces of paper to be left all loose. Bulldog clip makes perfect sense!

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Inkjet printer + photo paper... cut to specs.

Ian
You know, I never even thought of that! Looks like I will have to make a trip to Homebase so I can paint a wall in my house white! Lol!

Thanks everyone!

Kim
XXXX
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129f Submission Tips?

I live in the north of Scotland so there are no U.S style booths around here! H
googly-moogly
http://www.scota.org/passport.htm

No idea where that is in relation to you, but some searching will find you someone.
Or paint.

PS: I split your Qs out of the visa application thread because you're in the petition Q phase. The visa things come later.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

ukannie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

Thanks everyone.

Kim
XXXX
If you go to Snappy Snaps they can take a US style passport pic for you. I don't know if you are near either but they have one in Aberdeen and one in Glasgow.
http://www.snappysnaps.co.uk/stores.asp?ID=2
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
googly-moogly
http://www.scota.org/passport.htm

No idea where that is in relation to you, but some searching will find you someone.
Or paint.

PS: I split your Qs out of the visa application thread because you're in the petition Q phase. The visa things come later.
Thanks for sorting my post out! Sorry for the extra work!

Originally Posted by ukannie
If you go to Snappy Snaps they can take a US style passport pic for you. I don't know if you are near either but they have one in Aberdeen and one in Glasgow.
http://www.snappysnaps.co.uk/stores.asp?ID=2
Thanks for letting me know about snappy snaps! I didnt even know that shop existed and thankfully I live only about 10 miles away from it!!

You guys on here are totally great, you really must get so fed up with all the stupid questions from people like me but be assured, we really appreciate your help!

Kim
XXXX
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

We just put ours loose in an envelope. I don't think there's much point sticking it all together, as the first thing they do when they get it is pull it all apart.

We did put our photos in clear plastic bags though, just so they wouldn't get lost.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

ukannie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sorting my post out! Sorry for the extra work!

Thanks for letting me know about snappy snaps! I didnt even know that shop existed and thankfully I live only about 10 miles away from it!!

You guys on here are totally great, you really must get so fed up with all the stupid questions from people like me but be assured, we really appreciate your help!

Kim
XXXX
No problem, glad to help and I asked a load of questions that other people probably thought were stupid too.

Good Luck with your visa!