Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-129F question for K3 (spousal)

I-129F question for K3 (spousal)

Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

MissF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-129F question for K3 (spousal)

Sorry to post so many questions..
but I couldn't find an answer to my question.

In the FAQ guide it says to write n/a in the I-129F form under point

In addition, omit questions B.18 and B.19 by entering "N/A."

B 18 asks about "have your fiancee met and seen you? I need to check yes, right? I mean, I did see my husband before we got married of course...?

B19 asks about "Your fiance will apply for a visa abroad at the American Embassy or consulate in.." am I really supposed to write n/a??

Or does this guide maybe refer to an older version of the I-129F?
Here the link to the FAQ guide
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=k3guide
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:26 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129F question for K3 (spousal)

Originally Posted by MissF

B 18 asks about "have your fiancee met and seen you? I need to check yes, right? I mean, I did see my husband before we got married of course...?

B19 asks about "Your fiance will apply for a visa abroad at the American Embassy or consulate in.." am I really supposed to write n/a??

It is not an old form, it is just that the goverment hasn't come up with a specific form for spouses, so fiancees and spouses use the very same one.
.. You must state N/A on those questions, read section 11 of the I-129's instructions..
Oh yeah and relax!!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Miss F,

Hyper is right. The same I-129F form is used for petitions for fiance(e) (for K1) or spouse (for K3). If the question pertains to fiance(e), put "n/a", since you are now married and these questions don't apply to you.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:51 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Miss F,

You have the current version of the I-129f form, which is numbered slightly different from the previous version. The instruction pages were not updated to match the updated form.

Items B.18 and B.19 on the previous form are B.17 and B.18 on the current form, so write something like, 'N/A - petition for spouse' for items B.17 and B.18, and answer B.19 with the name of the immigrant visa issuing consulate for the country where you were married (unless you were married in the USA, in which case it's the immigrant visa issuing consulate for the country where your husband resides).

Regards, JEff

Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, I did see my husband before we got married of course...?
MissF,
A gentle reminder that the USC completes all petitions (I-129f or I-130). If you're reading them from your POV, they may not make sense.