I-129F question 19

Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough
Default I-129F question 19

I'm filling this out for the K3...
I read on visa journey that I leave question 19 (your fiance will apply for a visa abroad at the American Embassy or Consulat in: city, country) as N/A.

That doesn't make sense to me. Should I leave it as N/A or fill in London, England?
Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I-129F question 19

Originally posted by gemmacat
I read on visa journey that I leave question 19 (your fiance will apply for a visa abroad at the American Embassy or Consulat in: city, country) as N/A.

That doesn't make sense to me. Should I leave it as N/A or fill in London, England?
We also applied for a K3 - I just checked my copy of our I-129f and we put Dublin, Ireland (this is question 20, though, because 19 is "Has your fiance met/seen you?" which should be N/A since you had to have met to be married). So, yes, write London, England. You probably also want a cover letter that clearly identifies what you are submitting (list of contents), why (for a K3) and identifies which consulate (London) is where the interview should be.

Good luck with the rest of the process!
Old Jun 25th 2004, 3:19 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129F question 19

gc,

Interesting! On the current version of I-129f (Rev 4/16/04), questions B.17 and B.18 are the same questions that were B.18 and B.19 on the previous version. The current question B.19 was previously question B.20.

I suspect that when the form was updated they neglected to update the instructions. I believe that you can safely omit questions B.17 and B.18 on the current form, even though the instruction says to omit B.18 and B.19.

I further suspect that the update to the current version of the form was botched. On the previous version of the form Section A ended with question 13 and Section B began with question 14. On the current version of the form Section A still ends with question 13, but Section B now begins with question 13. The questions themselves haven't changed (not substantially, anyway, the subject of each question is still the same), only the numbering has changed in Section B.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by gemmacat