Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-129F application questions

I-129F application questions

Old May 14th 2011, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-129F application questions

Im helping my fiend with her I-129F application so please bare with me on this (it feels like so long ago that id id this!) - she has limited internet access so the questions shes asking me that im not 100% on im coming to ask for your help!

Ive read the instructions and my understanding is that if a front and back copy of the USC's birth certificate is provided for the I-129F application, the copies of passport ages are NOT needed for the application?

apparently her USC doesnt have a passport, and i want to make sure both me and her are reading it right, because when i did it i used a visa "company" who scammed me out of money and made us both hand in copies of pages of our passports

thankyou!
Old May 14th 2011, 3:56 am
Badger Badger Badger

Malashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I-129F application questions

Correct, birth certificate should be fine. At least until Donald Trump becomes President
Old May 14th 2011, 7:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
Im helping my fiend with her I-129F application so please bare with me on this (it feels like so long ago that id id this!) - she has limited internet access so the questions shes asking me that im not 100% on im coming to ask for your help!

Ive read the instructions and my understanding is that if a front and back copy of the USC's birth certificate is provided for the I-129F application, the copies of passport ages are NOT needed for the application?

apparently her USC doesnt have a passport, and i want to make sure both me and her are reading it right, because when i did it i used a visa "company" who scammed me out of money and made us both hand in copies of pages of our passports

thankyou!
The USC just needs to provide proof that he/she is a USC. A US birth certificate serves that purpose.

But I was confused a little by your references. At first you said it was your friend's I-129F application (which means she's the USC, since only a USC can do an I-129F application).

But then you say "her USC doesn't have a passport", which means that your friend is the non-USC in the relationship. So it's not really HER I-129F application, it's her USC fiance's.

Rene
Old May 14th 2011, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The USC just needs to provide proof that he/she is a USC. A US birth certificate serves that purpose.

But I was confused a little by your references. At first you said it was your friend's I-129F application (which means she's the USC, since only a USC can do an I-129F application).

But then you say "her USC doesn't have a passport", which means that your friend is the non-USC in the relationship. So it's not really HER I-129F application, it's her USC fiance's.

Rene
Your right sorry!

Its because my friend (UKC) is filling it in for her USC fiance!
Old May 14th 2011, 2:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The USC just needs to prove US citizenship. They will require a long form birth certificate showing the names of his parents and where they were living at the time of his birth.

I'm assuming that she has come to the US to meet up with him since he doesn't have a passport. Have her compile the travel documentation she collected on her trip to prove her coming to the US, i.e. stamp in passport, boarding pass, etc. Pictures of the two of them together is great as are letters, cards, etc. to and from each other.
Old May 14th 2011, 3:05 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
The USC just needs to prove US citizenship. They will require a long form birth certificate showing the names of his parents and where they were living at the time of his birth..
As many are aware, there is with some people a question of where a particular Federal employee was born. This "short form" birth certificate is just fine. In fact, I understand that the "long form" cannot be used.

Last edited by S Folinsky; May 14th 2011 at 3:09 pm.
Old May 14th 2011, 3:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
As many are aware, there is with some people a question of where a particular Federal employee was born. This "short form" birth certificate is just fine. In fact, I understand that the "long form" cannot be used.
While I'm sure there is some technical merit in your answer, to save our readers from confusion, applicants from the UK should still follow this instruction about which birth certificate to submit:

Birth Certificate: Obtain the original, or certified copy, of the birth record of each family member (yourself, your spouse, and all unmarried children under the age of 21, even if they are not immigrating with you. If the children are deceased, so state giving year of death). The certificate must contain the following:

* Person's date of birth;
* Names of both parents; and
* Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

Note: We will not accept the short form version of a UK birth certificate. The certificate must list both parents'names.
Old May 14th 2011, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
While I'm sure there is some technical merit in your answer...
Respectfully, it was Rete's answer which prompted Mr. Folinsky's comment...

Originally Posted by Rete
The USC just needs to prove US citizenship. They will require a long form birth certificate showing the names of his parents and where they were living at the time of his birth.
The pronoun "they" continues to reference the antecedent noun "USC" even though it's in a different sentence.

Ian
Old May 14th 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
While I'm sure there is some technical merit in your answer, to save our readers from confusion, applicants from the UK should still follow this instruction about which birth certificate to submit:

Birth Certificate: Obtain the original, or certified copy, of the birth record of each family member (yourself, your spouse, and all unmarried children under the age of 21, even if they are not immigrating with you. If the children are deceased, so state giving year of death). The certificate must contain the following:

* Person's date of birth;
* Names of both parents; and
* Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

Note: We will not accept the short form version of a UK birth certificate. The certificate must list both parents'names.
Note that I placed "short form" and "long form" in quotation marks. My intention was to point out that the very terms "short form" and "long form" can create confusion. The item you inserted has the phrase "UK short form." In contrast, a Hawaii state "short form" would be just fine.

The Hawaii "short form" meets the definition of the London consulate in that it has the parent's name on it. The UK "short form" [and the Canadian card form] simply have the date and place of birth and do not name the parents.

The important factor is that the parent's should be named.

Last edited by S Folinsky; May 14th 2011 at 6:47 pm.
Old May 14th 2011, 6:53 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

People really should try to minimize their use of pronouns when posting. Although it may seem awkward, because use of pronouns is so common and more easily understood in face-to-face spoken communication, pronouns can become very confusing in written communication.

Regards, JEff

spoken communication
Originally Posted by ian-mstm;9364422[QUOTE=Rete
The pronoun "they" continues to reference the antecedent noun "USC" even though it's in a different sentence.

Ian[/QUOTE]
Old May 14th 2011, 6:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

This sort of conversation has become very un-fun for me. I'm going to disengage now.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

er...so does the USC need a long form or short form birth certificate? is there even such a thing as a long form for a USC? i know my husbands birth certificate looks like my short form one...but has both his parents name on it as well as date and place of birth.
Old May 15th 2011, 12:47 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

er...so does the USC need a long form or short form birth certificate? is there even such a thing as a long form for a USC? i know my husbands birth certificate looks like my short form one...but has both his parents name on it as well as date and place of birth.
I don't think the USA has "long form" and "short form". As long as it's a photocopy of the certified copy of his birth certificate, it should be fine.

Rene
Old May 15th 2011, 11:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... does the USC need a long form or short form birth certificate?
It doesn't matter... the USC only needs proof of citizenship - and either (if there even is such a thing as a long form) will suffice.

Ian
Old May 15th 2011, 6:23 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The USC needs the same kind of birth certificate that everyone else does - one that shows the names of both parents. Call it what you will keeping in mind that British English and American English have many differences. (Unless they chose to prove their US citizenship by use of their passport.)
er...so does the USC need a long form or short form birth certificate?
Then it does not look like your short form birth certificate, if yours does not have that information on it?
i know my husbands birth certificate looks like my short form one...but has both his parents name on it as well as date and place of birth.
Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; May 15th 2011 at 6:34 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.