husband's passport lost at the embassy

Wikiposts

husband's passport lost at the embassy

Old Mar 14th 2004, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

MINA_PR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default husband's passport lost at the embassy

Hi Everyone

maybe someone in this forum can help me with this situation.
I a US citizen and I filed both the I-130 and K-3 visas for my husband. his petition for the K-3 visa was approved and he got the interview done in November of last year. during the interview everything seem to have gone well except for the photo that was not taken to the specific requirements that they ask for, so he had it retaken and sent it in via UPS along with his passport.

after a month we realized that they have not said anything about his K-3 visa and after numerous emails and phone calls we were told that they never recieved his photo and passport. we contacted UPS and they told us that someone at the embassy had indeed signed for his envelope and probably misplaced it. we got the serial number of the envelope from UPS. well a couple of days ago they found my husband's passport and sent it back to him with no explaination or anything, yet they took the photo he sent them.

now it's 5 months later since the interview and my question is what do we do now in this case, do we wait for them to contact us on the process of his K-3 now that they found his passport? if anyone has any insite please let us know. we will most greatly appreciate any help anyone can give us.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: husband's passport lost at the embassy

It would help if you could give just a few more details such as which Consulate you're dealing with. You don't say specifically but perhaps you're husband is from one of the countries where there's a period after the interview where the Consulate does further checking on the individual.

Patty Khadijah
Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:23 am
Just Joined

MINA_PR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Khadija
It would help if you could give just a few more details such as which Consulate you're dealing with. You don't say specifically but perhaps you're husband is from one of the countries where there's a period after the interview where the Consulate does further checking on the individual.

Patty Khadijah

Hi Patty

Thank you for repsonding to my letter

The embassy that we are dealing with is in Ankara, Turkey and the officer that interviewd my husband said nothing else as to whether he was approved or not or whether we would hear from them by phone or mail? so we're just left here hanging wondering what to do next? for a K-3 visa this took alot longer then the expected time framed of 4 to 6 months that was quoted in some of the immigrations forums that I've searched. Anyway I'am just keeping my fingers cross and hoping to hear from them soon.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MINA_PR
Hi Patty

Thank you for repsonding to my letter

The embassy that we are dealing with is in Ankara, Turkey and the officer that interviewd my husband said nothing else as to whether he was approved or not or whether we would hear from them by phone or mail? so we're just left here hanging wondering what to do next? for a K-3 visa this took alot longer then the expected time framed of 4 to 6 months that was quoted in some of the immigrations forums that I've searched. Anyway I'am just keeping my fingers cross and hoping to hear from them soon.
Hi Mina,

I am also using Ankara, Turkey as the embassy for my Iranian fiance. We have sent in his Packet 3 materials, via UPS, and are waiting for his interview date. We started the K-1 process in March 2003.

It seems Ankara is moving slowly these days. It is taking them longer than the 5 days they report for issuing an interview, and another poster on here waited 3 weeks for his interview date because the embassy couldn't match up his Packet 3 with his file from NVC.

Anyway, I hope you find out soon what is happening with your case. Have you tried emailing the embassy and asking for an update? They have responded fairly quickly to my many email questions over the past year.

Please keep us posted, I am anxious for any news of Ankara's visa processing! Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Rene