Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Husband Has K3 Visa!!!! Whoooooo Hooooo

Wikiposts

Husband Has K3 Visa!!!! Whoooooo Hooooo

Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:08 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband Has K3 Visa!!!! Whoooooo Hooooo

Mr Pink – How big is the passport stamp??

Sibs – The weather has been wonderful in Marakesh as well.

Heba – He really didn’t like lying to his employer but they gave him no choice. Absolutely no personal days or vacation days at busy times of year. Well, you know he's going to have to miss some work. The medical, the interview, etc. etc. So he lies to his boss and gets a doctor’s note (everybody in Morocco takes bribes, lol). He’s not going to bother with the doctor’s note this time though. If they want to fire him, fine. But they probably won’t. We just didn’t want to be brazen too soon because we didn’t actually have the visa in our hands.

He did ask me what I wanted for my present. I said ….. “The same Moroccan tea set I’ve been asking for for 6 months.� He said, “No that doesn’t count. That is for both of us.� So I’ve been trying to think of something to ask for. I’m sending him a brand new pair of white Nikes to wear while he’s traveling.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

I'm so so happy for you both!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:12 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! Hehehehehe!!!!!

I don't know what it is with me missing all this great news lately, but I got here eventually!!!!! Sincere congrats to you and your DH, Leslie!!!!

Kate. xxxxxxx
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:14 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Katie Katie Kate Kate Kate!!!!!

You know what I just remembered???? Today is our 8 month wedding anniversary!! We were married May 6, 2003. What a great anniversary present.

Leslie

OK! I'm going to update my signature line right now!

Originally posted by katesuiter1
YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! Hehehehehe!!!!!

I don't know what it is with me missing all this great news lately, but I got here eventually!!!!! Sincere congrats to you and your DH, Leslie!!!!

Kate. xxxxxxx
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:18 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Katie Katie Kate Kate Kate!!!!!

You know what I just remembered???? Today is our 8 month wedding anniversary!! We were married May 6, 2003. What a great anniversary present.

Leslie
Awwwww!!!!!!!

Kate. xxxxxxx
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:18 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jcapulet
Actually, if Leslie does those silent but deadly "McFarts", I doubt she will even need the garlic! But soon she will have Khalid to blame all her silent ones on in public!
Jeez...I always thought it was just MEN that had that flatulance-humor connection. My virginal/saintly mental image has been going through some tough times around here lately lol.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jcapulet
She probably wants Leslie to have smelly pregnancy wind....
LOL
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:59 am
WTF?

Originally posted by ironporer
Jeez...I always thought it was just MEN that had that flatulance-humor connection. My virginal/saintly mental image has been going through some tough times around here lately lol.

Apparently you've never met the Smilie Brigade. We believe there is nothing funnier than a fart. We are basically obsessed with all bodily functions.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:02 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently you've never met the Smilie Brigade. We believe there is nothing funnier than a fart. We are basically obsessed with all bodily functions.

You name it
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

This is a wonderful day for my husband and I!!!!!
Sounds like it, despite the ups and downs! Congratulations!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about

Hi All,

We’ve been experiencing a little drama for the past week but I wasn’t ready to post anything until I could post everything.

12/29/03 – Monday : I spoke with my husband for a little over an hour. There was no news about the visa yet. He was pleased because his health insurance had finally paid some medical and dental claims he filed this summer. He was concerned about giving notice at work without that taken care of. We made a date to talk again on Thursday.

12/30/03 – Tuesday: He gets a call from the Casablanca consulate. “Your visa is ready come pick it up Friday at 3:00pm.�

12/31/03 – Wednesday. I tried to call Marakesh for hours. There was terrible congestion on the phone lines and I did not speak to my husband. At this point I still don’t even know about the consulate calling him.

01/01/04 – Thurday: Same problem as Wednesday. I only tried to call a few times before giving up, holidays are like that.

01/02/03 – Friday: Khalid calls in sick to work and takes the 4 hour bus trip to Casablanca (I still know nothing about all this). He gets to consulate a little before 3:00pm.

Consulate: Sorry we can’t give you your visa today. Come back Monday at 3:00pm.
Husband: Why?
Consulate: Because you should have been here at 8:00am, that is when we were giving people their visas.
Husband: The woman that called me said 3:00pm. I made her repeat it several times.
Consulate: We know. She told a lot of people that. They will all have to come back Monday at 3:00pm.
Husband: 3:00pm? Are you sure it is not 8:00am?
Consulate: No. On that day it will be 3:00pm.

They asked for his passport and said they would return it when they gave him the visa. So he takes the bus back to Marakesh because he has to work that weekend and has a wedding to go to Sunday.

01/04/03 – Sunday: I start trying to call Marakesh again. This time I’m not going to give up. After trying for about 45 minutes I get through. It is around 1:00am in Morocco so of course he’s asleep. We have a long talk he tells me about the whole Casablanca saga and that he’s going back Monday at 3:00pm. I asked why he didn’t call me. He says……. “Why? To tell you I still don’t have the visa?� He promises to call me as soon as he leaves the embassy Monday.

01/05/03 – Monday: He calls in sick to work (they’re really getting sick of this) and takes the 4 hour bus trip to Casablanca.

Consulate: Your visa is not ready. You’ll have to come back tomorrow.
Consulate: Processing is not complete. We can’t let you have it until tomorrow. Come back tomorrow at 3:00pm.

He calls me and tells me about all of this. We are both upset, but what can you do? He stays overnight in Casablanca.

01/06/03 – Tuesday (Today) – He calls in sick to work again (they really hate his guts now.) He just called me a little while ago. They gave him the visa, his passport, and the sealed brown envelope.

Thank God.

Leslie

that is such great news leslie. i wish u and khalid a long and happy life together.

linda
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

We’ve been experiencing a little drama for the past week but I wasn’t ready to post anything until I could post everything.

12/29/03 ?EMonday : I spoke with my husband for a little over an hour. There was no news about the visa yet. He was pleased because his health insurance had finally paid some medical and dental claims he filed this summer. He was concerned about giving notice at work without that taken care of. We made a date to talk again on Thursday.

12/30/03 ?ETuesday: He gets a call from the Casablanca consulate. “Your visa is ready come pick it up Friday at 3:00pm.?E

12/31/03 ?EWednesday. I tried to call Marakesh for hours. There was terrible congestion on the phone lines and I did not speak to my husband. At this point I still don’t even know about the consulate calling him.

01/01/04 ?EThurday: Same problem as Wednesday. I only tried to call a few times before giving up, holidays are like that.

01/02/03 ?EFriday: Khalid calls in sick to work and takes the 4 hour bus trip to Casablanca (I still know nothing about all this). He gets to consulate a little before 3:00pm.

Consulate: Sorry we can’t give you your visa today. Come back Monday at 3:00pm.
Consulate: Because you should have been here at 8:00am, that is when we were giving people their visas.
Husband: The woman that called me said 3:00pm. I made her repeat it several times.
Consulate: We know. She told a lot of people that. They will all have to come back Monday at 3:00pm.
Husband: 3:00pm? Are you sure it is not 8:00am?
Consulate: No. On that day it will be 3:00pm.

They asked for his passport and said they would return it when they gave him the visa. So he takes the bus back to Marakesh because he has to work that weekend and has a wedding to go to Sunday.

01/04/03 ?ESunday: I start trying to call Marakesh again. This time I’m not going to give up. After trying for about 45 minutes I get through. It is around 1:00am in Morocco so of course he’s asleep. We have a long talk he tells me about the whole Casablanca saga and that he’s going back Monday at 3:00pm. I asked why he didn’t call me. He says?E. “Why? To tell you I still don’t have the visa??E He promises to call me as soon as he leaves the embassy Monday.

01/05/03 ?EMonday: He calls in sick to work (they’re really getting sick of this) and takes the 4 hour bus trip to Casablanca.

Consulate: Your visa is not ready. You’ll have to come back tomorrow.
Consulate: Processing is not complete. We can’t let you have it until tomorrow. Come back tomorrow at 3:00pm.

He calls me and tells me about all of this. We are both upset, but what can you do? He stays overnight in Casablanca.

01/06/03 ?ETuesday (Today) ?EHe calls in sick to work again (they really hate his guts now.) He just called me a little while ago. They gave him the visa, his passport, and the sealed brown envelope.

Thank God.

Leslie
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:51 pm
elviswasmydad

I am very happy to hear your

great news.

congratulations !!

Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

masri is an unknown quantity at this point

A belated mabrouk (congrats)
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:47 pm
Sleep? What's that?

bubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura about

CONGRATS!!!!

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.