HPV vaccine?!

Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold
Default HPV vaccine?!

Hi,

I've been looking around for answers for this question and couldn't find much so I was wondering if anyone had any advice/answers?!

Me and my fiance have started the K1 process. He sent his lot of forms off a while ago so at the moment we are playing the waiting game. In the meantime I though I might as well get some things in order in preparation for the next stage.

In terms of vaccinations, I am all covered my only query is the HPV vaccine. I fall under the 27 and under category so supposedly I am meant to have this vaccine. I have inquired about the vaccine and apparently it is 3 shots over a 3 month period so my question is do you think I should get it done now? I've been asking around and apparently it costs around £200?! Do I have to have it done in the UK and if not would it hold up my AOS if I had to get it done in the US i.e if i couldn't adjust my status until I had been fully vaccinated and the vaccinations taking 3 months this would just add more time onto the whole process......

Has anyone been in a similar situation or know what to do as I am at my wits end!

Thanks!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HPV vaccine?!

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
I have inquired about the vaccine and apparently it is 3 shots over a 3 month period so my question is do you think I should get it done now?
I believe you only need to have the 1st shot prior to entering the US... and it'll probably be less expensive to have the other two shots once you're in the US.

Ian
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:11 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

You only need to have the first shot to adjust status and finish the rest accordingly. My friend had the vaccine here in the states and it cost her almost $400 for the series of shots . It's 3 injections over 6 months.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
You only need to have the first shot to adjust status and finish the rest accordingly. My friend had the vaccine here in the states and it cost her almost $400 for the series of shots . It's 3 injections over 6 months.
But does she have to have the first shot in the UK at her medical there, in order to qualify for the K-1 visa?

Rene
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

I have over 6 months until I am near the medical in London stage so I think I might go to my gp here and try and see what they say.

It looks like its going to either be £200 in the UK or $400 in the U.S so I guess thats just another fee to add to the long list! :curse:

Sophie
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:26 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
But does she have to have the first shot in the UK at her medical there, in order to qualify for the K-1 visa?

Rene
On other threads on here about the HPV Gardisil vac a few women have gotten the vac after they arrived here on their K1. They just had to start the series before applying for AOS.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
On other threads on here about the HPV Gardisil vac a few women have gotten the vac after they arrived here on their K1. They just had to start the series before applying for AOS.
OK, so it sounds like it's not required for the visa, but it's required to AOS. Thanks.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Hi,

I've been looking around for answers for this question and couldn't find much so I was wondering if anyone had any advice/answers?!

Me and my fiance have started the K1 process. He sent his lot of forms off a while ago so at the moment we are playing the waiting game. In the meantime I though I might as well get some things in order in preparation for the next stage.

In terms of vaccinations, I am all covered my only query is the HPV vaccine. I fall under the 27 and under category so supposedly I am meant to have this vaccine. I have inquired about the vaccine and apparently it is 3 shots over a 3 month period so my question is do you think I should get it done now? I've been asking around and apparently it costs around £200?! Do I have to have it done in the UK and if not would it hold up my AOS if I had to get it done in the US i.e if i couldn't adjust my status until I had been fully vaccinated and the vaccinations taking 3 months this would just add more time onto the whole process......

Has anyone been in a similar situation or know what to do as I am at my wits end!

Thanks!
I had no idea that this vaccine was now a requirement. I was under the impression from some write ups on this vaccine that it has not been fully tested yet, and that there have been reports on girls dying shortly after getting it. I cannot remember where I saw the report, I think it was in one of the Brit or american papers. If I had a daughter I would think seriously about whether or not to have this done. Has anyone on here heard anything about this vaccine and the safety stats on it?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Hi,

Thanks!
Have a look at www.naturalnews.com, and type in HPV vaccine, lots of info there . I feel sorry for anyone coming to this country now who is being made to have this in order to get a visa. They have got you over a barrel and from what I have just read, there is no need to get this done.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't particularly want it done. From what I have read you are meant to get it done when you are young and before you become sexually active. Getting it done at my age (25) seems to defeat the purpose!

I don't think there is anyway to avoid it though if you are under 27 and want a visa It clearly states on the embassy page that females aged 11-26 are required to have the HPV....

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...cinechart.html

I spoke to a Dr in the U.S last night to see about cost and stuff but I was surprised to hear that it is not even mandatory for girls ages 11-26 in the U.S.....apparently it is a new scheme under George W that all new female immigrants have it :curse:
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

djalandar is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the heads up...yikes
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:40 pm

I don't particularly want it done. From what I have read you are meant to get it done when you are young and before you become sexually active. Getting it done at my age (25) seems to defeat the purpose!

I don't think there is anyway to avoid it though if you are under 27 and want a visa It clearly states on the embassy page that females aged 11-26 are required to have the HPV....

I spoke to a Dr in the U.S last night to see about cost and stuff but I was surprised to hear that it is not even mandatory for girls ages 11-26 in the U.S.....apparently it is a new scheme under George W that all new female immigrants have it :curse:
It is not mandatory for US citizens just for females 11-26 planning to immigrate. It doesn't guarantee that you will not get HPV either. It is just supposed to protect you from certain strains. Unfortunately if you are female and 11-26 it is a requirement for AOS.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:47 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

I don't understand why some of these things are mandatory!!

Its not like the USG will be saving money for the US National Health.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seems a bit arse backwards to me, they are making young women get this vaccine, which no-one knows the long term effects of. Yet just yesterday I read that they are relaxing the rules of letting in people with HIV. Their reasoning is once they are in the country they can keep an eye on them, good luck with that. IMHO that is one law that should not have been relaxed.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

16 million women in the US have had the vaccine, and there have been less than 9,749 reports concerning possible side effects.

Less than 600 of these reported possible side effects were considered to be serious; remember, that's out of 48,000,000 doses. The HPV vaccine has less than half the reported side effects of other vaccines on average.

And just because someone reports a side effect, it does not mean that the vaccine caused it. If you get a headache after getting the vaccine, it doesn't mean that the vaccine caused the headache. If B follows A, it doesn't mean that A caused B.

In short, the available evidence suggests that it is a very safe vaccine.

Interestingly, there are plans to vaccinate men in future, as they can carry HPV.

Last edited by Marty J; Oct 3rd 2008 at 12:08 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.