Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How recent does my check stub have to be?

How recent does my check stub have to be?

Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

ricardoswife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How recent does my check stub have to be?

So this may sound like a weird question but how recent does "most recent check stub"have to be when it is referring to the I-134 Affidavit of support? It seems that the con officers like to be picky sometimes. I know it sounds stupid but here is my real question. My husbands interview at the embassy in Kingston will most likely be toward the beginning/middle of April. I have all the documents he needs from my end of things ready to send him but i am worried when it comes to my check stubs. If I send them tommorow or Monday let's say my latest check stub will be dated the week ending March 7th or something. If his interview date is April 12th will that be okay? I just don't want the consular officer to make a remark about my checks being a month or two old or questioning our affidavit of support. My other question is I just got a new job this month so my job that will be listed on my affidavit of support is different than was on my original applications (I-130 and I-129f). Is that going to be a problem? My tax returns show that I am well over the poverty guidelines for the past 3 years( I have even included my 2003 tax returns) and my old job as well as my new existing job are well above the poverty guideline for my husband and I. i am probably overanalyzing things but hey....at this point...who cares i got to make sure my man gets through!!!!!! If I'm crazy I'll just be crazy but can some give some advice please
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:59 pm
dave w

Default Re: How recent does my check stub have to be?

They are aware you have to mail the papers and you don't have to worry about this. Paystubs within the last 30 days is fine. If you want to verify what they want, give the embassy a call. Just look them up on the internet and call them.

Originally posted by ricardoswife
So this may sound like a weird question but how recent does "most recent check stub"have to be when it is referring to the I-134 Affidavit of support? It seems that the con officers like to be picky sometimes. I know it sounds stupid but here is my real question. My husbands interview at the embassy in Kingston will most likely be toward the beginning/middle of April. I have all the documents he needs from my end of things ready to send him but i am worried when it comes to my check stubs. If I send them tommorow or Monday let's say my latest check stub will be dated the week ending March 7th or something. If his interview date is April 12th will that be okay? I just don't want the consular officer to make a remark about my checks being a month or two old or questioning our affidavit of support. My other question is I just got a new job this month so my job that will be listed on my affidavit of support is different than was on my original applications (I-130 and I-129f). Is that going to be a problem? My tax returns show that I am well over the poverty guidelines for the past 3 years( I have even included my 2003 tax returns) and my old job as well as my new existing job are well above the poverty guideline for my husband and I. i am probably overanalyzing things but hey....at this point...who cares i got to make sure my man gets through!!!!!! If I'm crazy I'll just be crazy but can some give some advice please

Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:41 am
Just Joined

pj2cents is an unknown quantity at this point
Default heads up

I'm doing k-1 through Kingston, and I recently learned that my Jamaican fiance's birth certificate must be the new, updated computerized version. The older, handwritten ones are no longer being accepted. Just wanted to pass that on in case it applies to you, so he doesn't show up at interview without this one little piece they now require. Best wishes for a successful K-3!
Old Mar 8th 2004, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

ricardoswife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: heads up

I know all about the new long form birth certificate. Thanks! Ricardo just got his last friday. You need the birth certificate for the police record as well. He got two copies one for the paperwork and one for our ecords. I think it will be good to have i in the states. So how far along are you in the process?

Originally posted by pj2cents
I'm doing k-1 through Kingston, and I recently learned that my Jamaican fiance's birth certificate must be the new, updated computerized version. The older, handwritten ones are no longer being accepted. Just wanted to pass that on in case it applies to you, so he doesn't show up at interview without this one little piece they now require. Best wishes for a successful K-3!