Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How many sponsors can an immigrant have?

How many sponsors can an immigrant have?

Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of
Default How many sponsors can an immigrant have?

Hi All
Just trying to figure out some info, so I figured I would come here for answers.

I am trying to find out if an Immigrant can have more then one joint sponsor an also if you can add more then 1 income for the joint sponsor.

Thank you
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many sponsors can an immigrant have?

Originally Posted by LadyKat1974
Hi All
Just trying to figure out some info, so I figured I would come here for answers.

I am trying to find out if an Immigrant can have more then one joint sponsor an also if you can add more then 1 income for the joint sponsor.

Thank you
You can only add more than 1 income if the income is from the USC spouse, or a household member of the Sponsor.

I believe one Immigrant can have only one Joint Sponsor. Reasoning is, if the Joint Sponsor does not have enough income to meet the poverty guideline for his own household plus the immigrant, he can't be a Joint Sponsor at all.

However, there can be more then one Joint Sponsor when there is more than one Immigrant, for example, a mother and child. If the USC does not meet the income level, he can get a Joint Sponsor, right? Let's say that Joint Sponsor only earns enough for his own household plus one immigrant. That Joint Sponsor can be a joint sponsor for just the mother. The USC can get another separate Joint Sponsor to be the joint sponsor for the child.

Rene
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of
Default Re: How many sponsors can an immigrant have?

Thanks for your reply Rene, that was my understanding aswell but I figured it would be get another view on the situation.