Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How many photos needed? - London Interview/Medical

How many photos needed? - London Interview/Medical

Old Mar 12th 2003, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

datcha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many photos needed? - London Interview/Medical

Okay, I'm sure everyone who gets an interview date suddenly starts questioning everything they already know and already have ready for the big day.

My panic-question at the moment is:

I started with 4 ADIT photos. 1 went on the G325A, so 3 left. Does the medical require 1 of these ADITs and then does the interview require the last 2 of my lovely (if a little chubby) ADIT pics? Or do I need to get more?

I thought I had this all straightened out but you know how it goes ;0
Old Mar 12th 2003, 6:48 pm
finally home with thing1

thing2 is an unknown quantity at this point

From the London embassy website :

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...iv/docs169.htm

Color Photographs - The photographs must have a white background and must be glossy, unretouched, unmounted, and identical. The dimension of facial image should be about 1 inch from chin to the top of the hair; the subject should be shown in 3/4 frontal view showing the right side of face with the right ear clearly visible. No earrings should be worn. Immigrant Visa applicants are required to furnish four photographs, fiancé(e)visa applicants are required to furnish three photographs; Kii visa applicants two photographs and V visa applicants one. Follow this link for a list of photographers near the Embassy.

Hope that helps. As far as I know, one isn't required for the medical. I've presumed you're a K1, but of course could be wrong
Old Mar 12th 2003, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

datcha is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing that got me thinking about this is that I received my interview letter and it says I need 4 of the buggers for the interview...
Old Mar 12th 2003, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

kitty-uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Datcha

Yes I think we all go through that last min panic, but take heart it's not painfull.

Yes you will need a pic for the medical, and if I remember rightly the other 2 will be fine.

Note my pic's were full faced and they were fine.
All the best with you interview kit
Old Mar 12th 2003, 7:50 pm
ScarlettHill

Hi,

You DO need a photo for the UK medical. In fact, they won't accept you for the medical without one. But it doesn't have to be ADIT spec. Passport will do. It's just to prove you're you. They take that and your passport and compare. They keep the photo.

Photos I used for the English side of the process:

I attached one ADIT to the DS-156 I sent with packet 3. I handed over one passport at the embassy to attach to the second DS-156 (they require two of these these forms these days). I offered them ADIT or passport for this second DS-156 I handed in at the embassy. They really weren't bothered which I gave them and told me I could choose.

So all in all I used 1 ADIT and 2 passports. Of course I had an envelope with me containing about 9 each of ADITs and PASSPORTS for each of me and my two children. Because I was paranoid.

Best of luck.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Mar 12th 2003, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

....just a thought. The IV-15 check list for London says that you need to have THREE photos. Does not specify fourth. Anybody have any comments on that?

Does the interview letter (for k-1 visa) ask for 4? Or is that for other type visas?

??????????????????????

We have not received our interview letter yet, so I have no idea what is in it.
Old Mar 13th 2003, 5:20 am
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by BritAmerica
....just a thought. The IV-15 check list for London says that you need to have THREE photos. Does not specify fourth. Anybody have any comments on that?

Does the interview letter (for k-1 visa) ask for 4? Or is that for other type visas?

??????????????????????

We have not received our interview letter yet, so I have no idea what is in it.
Hi,

The three photos are 2 for the two ds-156s and one for the medical. That's all you need.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett