Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

how many administrative reviews lead to denials? scared

how many administrative reviews lead to denials? scared

Old Sep 12th 2002, 1:18 pm
Amy

Default how many administrative reviews lead to denials? scared

Hello, I am going nuts. We are under administrative review since august and not sure
why we are reviewed. Its not for security checks. I just don't know what went wrong,
why they feel like we don't deserve to be together. The consulate sayed they have
everything they need but why the review. There was no document problems during the
interview.

Does anyone know what are chances are being together after a review. All the
paperwork was in order and everything was perfect. I am afraid they will deny.

Has anyone heard of anyone get denied after a review. Does anyone have statistics on
this. Anything will help. Please I am so at lost here.

I will die if he gets a denial, we are a legit couple.

amy

Old Sep 12th 2002, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how many administrative reviews lead to denials? scared

Originally posted by Amy:
Hello, I am going nuts. We are under administrative review since august and not sure
why we are reviewed. Its not for security checks. I just don't know what went wrong,
why they feel like we don't deserve to be together. The consulate sayed they have
everything they need but why the review. There was no document problems during the
interview.

Does anyone know what are chances are being together after a review. All the
paperwork was in order and everything was perfect. I am afraid they will deny.

Has anyone heard of anyone get denied after a review. Does anyone have statistics on
this. Anything will help. Please I am so at lost here.

I will die if he gets a denial, we are a legit couple.

amy

Amy:

I have the same question. My wife is in "admin. proc." since August as well. What I don't understand is that why was she put in "admin. proc." even after giving the consulate all the ridiculous stuff they requested.

One thing I have to point out that the cosulate DID look at all the wedding albums of her siblings, my prior weddding pictures and returned them the same day. However, they kept the 500+ pages of e-mail and 4 months of telephone bills and my original marriage certificates and divorce decrees from prior marriages, etc. etc. etc.

I guess during "admin. proc." or "admin. review" someone in the back office sits down with the humongous volume of evidence and studies it.

No one has yet told us the difference between "review" and "processing."

Amy, did you hear anything from the Congressional liasion yet regarding your case?

MD
Old Sep 12th 2002, 6:18 pm
Uno

[email protected] (amy) wrote:
    >Hello, I am going nuts. We are under administrative review since august and not sure
    >why we are reviewed. Its not for security checks. I just don't know what went
    >wrong, why they feel like we don't deserve to be together. The consulate sayed they
    >have everything they need but why the review. There was no document problems during
    >the interview.
    >Does anyone know what are chances are being together after a review. All the
    >paperwork was in order and everything was perfect. I am afraid they will deny.
    >Has anyone heard of anyone get denied after a review. Does anyone have statistics
    >on this. Anything will help. Please I am so at lost here.
    >I will die if he gets a denial, we are a legit couple.
    >amy

Good question. I see lots of cases going into review, but only a

few people ever followup with their final outcome, and all of them are successful.
Are there any that have been denied.. Somebody please respond.. I too am getting
nervous. I feel helpless.. No problems that I am aware of, but I don't know what
they will come up with..

Respond please..

Old Sep 12th 2002, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mdmd101:

No one has yet told us the difference between "review" and "processing."

Amy, did you hear anything from the Congressional liasion yet regarding your case?

MD
MD, Yes i found out yesterday from the liasion. It was well over two weeks, with many faxes. I think the one that was responded was the fraud unit. Have to fax to different places i guess. Lovely, the fraud unit. Maybe this will help, have your liason email/fax to the fraud unit. The letter was very vague, it mentioned that they need to further investigate our case. Thats it. They did not need more documents. This scares me cause they have might made a decision and might deny us. We are in love so much and I am at a point of killing myself if he gets denied.

hey umo, u are also adminstrative review, what country? Come hop on the boat....

Please if anyone had a denial under the administrative review. We need your help. I am very distraught.

BTW, MD did u hear anything from washington with Theodore Andrews or your liason. So md i think your case is better than mine, i think, cause yours might be for security checks, which i thougt it would be processing=securtiy checks

amy
Old Sep 12th 2002, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by amys:

MD, Yes i found out yesterday from the liasion. It was well over two weeks, with many faxes. I think the one that was responded was the fraud unit. Have to fax to different places i guess. Lovely, the fraud unit. Maybe this will help, have your liason email/fax to the fraud unit. The letter was very vague, it mentioned that they need to further investigate our case. Thats it. They did not need more documents. This scares me cause they have might made a decision and might deny us. We are in love so much and I am at a point of killing myself if he gets denied.

hey umo, u are also adminstrative review, what country? Come hop on the boat....

Please if anyone had a denial under the administrative review. We need your help. I am very distraught.

BTW, MD did u hear anything from washington with Theodore Andrews or your liason. So md i think your case is better than mine, i think, cause yours might be for security checks, which i thougt it would be processing=securtiy checks

amy

Hi Amy:

The Consulate is not responding to Tho Anderws, he is mad as hell and sent the Consulate an e-mail with a copy to the Ambassdor yesterday, I still haven't heard from the Consulate today.

My Senatorial liasion comes back to the office on Monday, I'm hoping she has contacted the Consuale already.

The consulate is not reponding to my faxes or e-mails. I'm faxing them everyday, I'm sure they all know my name in the Bombay consulate by now.

At least you know they're investigating your case, I'm totally in the dark. Hope some one could tell us the difference between "review" and "processing." I'm beginning to think there is definitely a difference as people are getting these randomly from the same consulate. In any case, I'm not afraid of investigation and you shouldn't be either, my wife and I haven't done anything wrong. What I'm afraid of is the wait and the suspense and how long will this take. I read somewhere that the admin. proce takes 6-8 months, this freaks me out. INS is under a tremendous load and I can understand the backlog; however, the state dept. doesn't have half the responsibilities as the INS, hope they were faster in their processing.

MD
Old Sep 13th 2002, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

I also feel the same way, we have nothing to hide either. Its just a major delay and wonder how i can take this when the holidays roll around. Spending christmas time alone again. Its the wait I am worried but still back in my mind they have the power to deny. I am not worried cause we did not lie or hiding anything. Thats why i am so upset cause we are telling the truth and I wish they considered this.

amy
Old Sep 13th 2002, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

I also feel the same way, we have nothing to hide either. Its just a major delay and wonder how i can take this when the holidays roll around. Spending christmas time alone again. Its the wait I am worried but still back in my mind they have the power to deny. I am not worried cause we did not lie or hiding anything. Thats why i am so upset cause we are telling the truth and I wish they considered this.

amy
Amy:

The problem is that people who were in admin. proc. don't come back to the board to tell their story as to what happened.

I only keep on getting info. from Tara, Alpona, Shail who were in Indian consulates. In any case, if they can't prove a fruadulent relationship, they can't revoke the application so be cool, sooner or later you'll get it. I've asked my wife to go back to college to keep busy and have already prepared her mentally that this may take 6-8 months.

MD
Old Sep 13th 2002, 1:28 am
Karen

hey amy,

It's me...karen I did call Theodore Andrews a couple of days ago, he seemed like
he was very preoccupied with something, definitely not listening to my story. All
he said after some very long pauses, sorry to say, but it almost sounded like he
was drunk or high, he just said to email him and tell him our story....that's it!!!
Well, what we're going thru is absolutely horrible and no one is willing to help.
Congressmen, Senators...no one is getting any information and the government
doesn't care....guess they're more concerned with people that can make them money!
talk to ya later!

Old Sep 13th 2002, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mdmd101:

The Consulate is not responding to Tho Anderws, he is mad as hell and sent the Consulate an e-mail with a copy to the Ambassdor yesterday, I still haven't heard from the Consulate today.

The consulate is not reponding to my faxes or e-mails. I'm faxing them everyday, I'm sure they all know my name in the Bombay consulate by now.

Hi MD,
Keep it up. They knew us by name at the Mumbai Consulate also. My fiance "visited" them 9 times. The day they relented and issued his visa they were so accustomed to him they addressed him by his nickname. If i e-mailed the Consulate i cc'ed Mr. Andrews and my liasons.
But remember never, ever get rude with this group in Mumbai. i have read cases of their wrath.

Hi Amy,
Yes, i have seen one case where the petition was sent back to the states and they were in the process of recinding it. This was in spring, but the woman has not given any updates. Her case was nothing like yours or anyones else's here. It was a female US citizen and an Indian man who had just within the last months hired an attorney to get what appeared to be a "quickie" Indian divorce. This falls ouside of the Hindu Marriage Act , there were also children involved in his marriage, and this complicated the issue. All other cases have received their visas. You will get the visa.
Please do the survey Amy,
Go to
www.yahoo.com, go to mail
account name: indiavisasurvey
password : goodluck
For sake of anonymity it is suggested that you put the survey in the "draft" folder. There is a copy of the survey in the inbox. Read the welcome letter in the inbox before responding, the directions for leaving your responses are there.

Hi Karen,
Keep it up with Mr. Andrews.
Fill out the survey too. You can use the survey as a template of what he should be made aware of.

Best wishes,
Old Sep 13th 2002, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tara:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mdmd101:

Hello Amy, Karen, and others who are in Admin. proc.:

Now, I'm beginnig to understand the "admin. proc/review" a little bit. It appears that the Consulate collect the evidence listed on the initial 221(g) letter and then just puts the case file along with hundreds of other "admin. procs" and whenever they get to the case file , they review the evidence collected and either conduct an investigation like in the case of Karen (I guess) where the Consular officers travelled 6 hours to go to her fiance's home OR they just call up the beneficiary, take another nasty interview based on the evidence they've NOW studied and give the visa.

This is almost identical to INS where you case file just sits there until the INS employees get to it.

Also, the Consular officers appear to have gotten thick skinned and are just ignoring Washington as well as Senators.

I guess my wife and I'll have to deal with another nasty interview a few months from now when they get to our file.

Shali's case intrigues me--her fiance got a call within the same week of getting the "admin. review" letter. -- See this also tells us that if the Congressional liasion is AGGRESSIVE AND DILIGENT, they can make the Consulate take some action.--I guess the Oregan liasion was really good to make the Consulate act within a few days.

MD
Old Sep 14th 2002, 12:36 am
Fred

Should have updated the board days ago. I posted recently about Admin Review in
Manila. I was really getting worried abou it. Turns out they were probably
checking her marital status as at least one person here sugested. They actually
finished sooner than the 6 to 8 weeks they had advised.(It took a little over 4
weeks) She received her visa in the mail on 9/12. It had been aproved on 9/10.

Fred

"mdmd101" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by amys:
    > > I also feel the same way, we have nothing to hide either. Its just a major
    > > delay and wonder how i can take this when the holidays roll around. Spending
    > > christmas time alone again. Its the wait I am worried but still back in my mind
    > > they have the power to deny. I am not worried cause we did not lie or hiding
    > > anything. Thats why i am so upset cause we are telling the truth and I wish
    > > they considered this.
    > >
    > > amy
    > Amy:
    > The problem is that people who were in admin. proc. don't come back to the board to
    > tell their story as to what happened.
    > I only keep on getting info. from Tara, Alpona, Shail who were in Indian
    > consulates. In any case, if they can't prove a fruadulent relationship, they can't
    > revoke the application so be cool, sooner or later you'll get
    > it. I've asked my wife to go back to college to keep busy and have already prepared
    > her mentally that this may take 6-8 months.
    > MD
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 14th 2002, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

[ weeks) She received her visa in the mail on 9/12. It had been aproved on 9/10.

Fred

Congratulations Fred!! You must be feeling relieved that she got her visa. See now all that worrying was for nothing. Thats real good it took only four weeks. You must have been surprised. You must be on top of the world now. I can imagine how that feels to get the visa.

But I wish it was us also who can give the good news, its been 6 weeks now and nothing is changing. I guess we won't be the happy ones anytime soon. I don't know why they are putting me through this trauma. I am going through hell. I am burning inside until he gets his visa. Its very tough to deal with this when you don't even know what they are reviewing. I will never know when they will decide while the rest will be with their hubbys and enjoying life .......

amy
Old Sep 14th 2002, 4:47 am
Karen

mdmd101 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by tara: Originally posted by mdmd101:
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello Amy, Karen, and others who are in Admin. proc.:
    > >
    > > > investigation like in the case of Karen (I guess) where the Consular
    > > officers travelled 6 hours to go to her fiance's home OR they just call up the
    > > beneficiary, take another nasty interview based on the evidence they've NOW
    > > studied and give the visa.
    > >
    > > Hey Mdmd,

In our case you're right ...they've gone to my husband's house and interviewed
his family, but that was way back on Aug. 6. They haven't sent him a "call in
letter", as they call it, or a phone call ....nothing. I don't know how a visa
revocation works, but i'm beginning to think this is what is going on with our
case. I've called INS and NVC.. no one is giving me an answer as to what is
going on..our I130 is now awaiting the packet 3 from my husband, only problem
with that is neither of us have the $335 fee that they're asking to process our
case and send it to the Mumbai Consulate. We were hoping that the k3 visa would
be given soon so we wouldn't have to send in the $335 fee to the NVC to process
the I130. What a mess, numerous emails to the fraud unit at the consulate have
yielded absolutely nothing...they're getting brave now and not responding to my
Oregon state senator....by the way my senator hasn't helped really at all ... i
don't know which one Shali was going thru but mine hasn't really helped, they
don't even bother to call back and tell me that they're not getting any response
from the embassy. Tara, i have tried to do the survey but i'm not very computer
literate, i haven't figured out where exactly on the yahoo home page i need to
type in the password etc. Can u explain it again??? Thanks!!! Tara, btw,
Theodore Andrews must've been having a hard day the other day when i called him,
he could barely spit out a sentence, almost sounded like he was drunk, just told
me to write him an email which I had done 2 months ago!!

Good Luck everyone.

Old Sep 14th 2002, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I am just wondering how the consulate is going to handle about 60 more cases of k1s in september, will they think they are all fraud. If they put them on administrative review/process there will be a big mess for them. I don't know how they are going to handle all the cases in a timely manner.

I just think my life is on hold for no reason. We didn't do nothing wrong and its so painful that others are getting their visas in other countries with no problem, even if they have to wait a month to get some things cleared up. I guess I am getting punished for loving someone from india. Ours is going on more than six weeks now with no movement. I have suffered enough in life and don't know why this shit is continuing. I thought I would be happy but i guess i was never meant to be happy.

I have a fiancee who i truly love and want to spend my life with, he will not be bringing his whole family with him. I am only asking for my love to be with me, not whole of India. I don't know why they are going hard on my fiancee. And it sucks that i can't do nothing about it, no higher figure can help us.

sorry for others who have to read this, i need to air out time to time, so at a huge loss, btw i am driving everybody nuts to my family and friends and also i will be driving all you guys out their nuts, I just don't think we needed this review and going crazy of this. He should be here with me talking to me instead of crying at the computer all the time. He should be here with me enjoing life and have the blessings of a marriage.

amy
Old Sep 14th 2002, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I am just wondering how the consulate is going to handle about 60 more cases of k1s in september, will they think they are all fraud. If they put them on administrative review/process there will be a big mess for them. I don't know how they are going to handle all the cases in a timely manner.

I just think my life is on hold for no reason. We didn't do nothing wrong and its so painful that others are getting their visas in other countries with no problem, even if they have to wait a month to get some things cleared up. I guess I am getting punished for loving someone from india. Ours is going on more than six weeks now with no movement. I have suffered enough in life and don't know why this shit is continuing. I thought I would be happy but i guess i was never meant to be happy.

I have a fiancee who i truly love and want to spend my life with, he will not be bringing his whole family with him. I am only asking for my love to be with me, not whole of India. I don't know why they are going hard on my fiancee. And it sucks that i can't do nothing about it, no higher figure can help us.

sorry for others who have to read this, i need to air out time to time, so at a huge loss, btw i am driving everybody nuts to my family and friends and also i will be driving all you guys out their nuts, I just don't think we needed this review and going crazy of this. He should be here with me talking to me instead of crying at the computer all the time. He should be here with me enjoing life and have the blessings of a marriage.

amy
Amy:

Send the consulate a copy of this emontional posting. I'm going crazy on them. I know no-one is going to help me. I know the consulate can't do anything to me, except interpret the law, which says my wife should get visa so I'm harrasing them like crazy. Will let you know what happens.

MD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.