How long for NOA1??

Old Sep 10th 2004, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Kimberly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long for NOA1??

We mailed in the I 130 on the 16th of August to the CSC via certified mail.
My daughter received the return card about two weeks later, but she still hasn't received the NOA1. Does it usually take this long?
We are starting to get worried...
Kim
Old Sep 10th 2004, 10:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long for NOA1??

Originally Posted by Kimberly
We mailed in the I 130 on the 16th of August to the CSC via certified mail.
My daughter received the return card about two weeks later, but she still hasn't received the NOA1. Does it usually take this long?
We are starting to get worried...
Kim
Can do, a it's not been a month yet, so wouldn't get too worried
Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
Can do, a it's not been a month yet, so wouldn't get too worried

If we don't receive it in the next week (that will be a month) what should we do. We have the green card back from mailing it certified mail with return receipt. My daughter sent a cashiers check and has a copy of everything.

The strange thing is we know they got it, because of the return receipt. Does CSC have a history of taking a long time to send NOA1?
Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If we don't receive it in the next week (that will be a month) what should we do. We have the green card back from mailing it certified mail with return receipt. My daughter sent a cashiers check and has a copy of everything.

The strange thing is we know they got it, because of the return receipt. Does CSC have a history of taking a long time to send NOA1?
I'm afraid I don't know too much about CSC, all I can say, from receiving and sending receipt through Portland, it was 6 weeks for the EAD....
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

mattandtina is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's our experience with the CSC, hope it helps:

Mailed application/petition: May 3rd, 2004
They received it: May 5th. 2004
First NOA: May 13,2004 ( notice date)
Received second NOA ( Approval) : notice date, September 1, 2004

I would definitely follow up with them if after 30 days, you haven't received the first NOA because the first NOA is just an acknowledgement that they received it. Good luck!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mattandtina
Here's our experience with the CSC, hope it helps:

Mailed application/petition: May 3rd, 2004
They received it: May 5th. 2004
First NOA: May 13,2004 ( notice date)
Received second NOA ( Approval) : notice date, September 1, 2004

I would definitely follow up with them if after 30 days, you haven't received the first NOA because the first NOA is just an acknowledgement that they received it. Good luck!
That's what worries me, I see everyone's time line and the first notice comes within a week or two.
We do have the return receipt with the certified # on it. I don't know if that will be of any help. Also the receipt for the money order we could see if they cashed it. I sure hope they didn't lose the packet.
Is there a number for the CSC?
Old Sep 15th 2004, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

I called the National Service center and they said it takes 30 days to receive the first notice. I asked her if there was anyway we could check on this. She said any check or postal money order that was sent will have the case number on the back. She said make sure you get a copy of the front and back of the check. Since we sent a money order I will be calling the post office to see if it has cleared and if they will make a copy for me.
If this doesn't work we have to contact the CSC by mail. Somehow I don't think sending the packet certified mail with return receipt really matters much at all. It shows us that they received it, but it doesn't tell them that they have it!
Frustrated!!!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 1:46 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

I just got mine today from VSC. It was dated 1st September but it only arrived in the mail from my attorney's office today. I think it arrived at VSC on Aug 30th.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Hooray!!! My daughter just called me from Mexico (she has a PO Box in Calif.).
She just checked her mail and she had NOA1 AND NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe she got them on the same day!!! Anyways they are forwarding her case to the visa center in New Hampshire. Which one is that??

Mailed I-130 -August 16, 2004
Received NOA1-Sept. 15, 2004
Received NOA2- Sept. 15, 2004
Old Sep 16th 2004, 12:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Congrats
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:34 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

She just checked her mail and she had NOA1 AND NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe she got them on the same day!!! Anyways they are forwarding her case to the visa center in New Hampshire. Which one is that??

Mailed I-130 -August 16, 2004
Received NOA1-Sept. 15, 2004
Received NOA2- Sept. 15, 2004
Kimberly,
I'm confused.........she got her I-130 approved in less than a month? That's not typical as far as I know. Also, my understanding is that USCIS will not send any documents to a PO box, only a residential address. Please clarify if you can.

~SecretGarden
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Kimberly,
I'm confused.........she got her I-130 approved in less than a month? That's not typical as far as I know. Also, my understanding is that USCIS will not send any documents to a PO box, only a residential address. Please clarify if you can.

~SecretGarden
I know it sounds crazy, but she sent the I-130 on the 16th of August by certified mail. She got the return receipt back two weeks later and then received both notices today AT her PO Box. The second notice said the application had been approved and was being sent to the National Visa Center. She gave me the case number, I looked it up and they said it was approved on the 10th of September.

As far as the PO Box goes. They live in Mexico just over the border. She has a PO Box in Calif. (the only way to get reliable mail service fast). On the I-130 under info. about you, part B, she put her PO Box for her address. For her husband she put their physical address in Mexico. On line 19 and 21 she put their address in Mexico. A friend who just finished this whole process told her that was how she did it so she wouldn't have to rely on getting mail in Mexico. Someone at the US consulate in Tijuana also told her that was fine.

Does the USCIS post updates from the NVS on their website??

I'm helping my daughter with all this because of where she lives. She has no phone or Internet access. She calls me a couple times a week from the border. This forum has been so helpful!!! We were able to put together a beautiful packet thanks to all the helpful tips from all of you.