Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

how long for london to send forms?

how long for london to send forms?

Old Nov 7th 2002, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant future
Default how long for london to send forms?

my k-1 petition was approved, but i was wondering how long it takes for London embassy to send the forms.
It went through VSC
Old Nov 7th 2002, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how long for london to send forms?

Originally posted by Steff
my k-1 petition was approved, but i was wondering how long it takes for London embassy to send the forms.
It went through VSC
Hi, Steff.
I'm going through London too. Which forms are you waiting for? I'm assuming "packet 3." I wouldn't hand-write a request, coz it took nearly 3 weeks for them to send them, but I emailed them as well, and I got them after 2 days.
They have a bit of a backlog at the mo, so I'm assuming that's what the hold-up was. If you need the email addy, it's:
[email protected]
Congrats on the approval!!!!
Kate. xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter; Nov 7th 2002 at 4:59 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2002, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

have you asked to open a provisional file, they told me to download the forms and send it to them, my forms have been there over 2 weeks and they said they havent been put on the computer, therefore nothing will be done about it till it hits the computer, if you dont contact them, you have to wait on your service centre to send your application to london, hope this helps some, good luck

dee
Old Nov 7th 2002, 6:55 pm
Son 5 & Daughter 2 1/2

Pete F is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Steff
It went through VSC

Steff..
Am in the same boat.. I did ask the Embassy about sending out I797 when we
get it (5 days now) from Vermont.. They said yes.. ..

"
Yes, there would be a point as we can't schedule the interview on the basis
of the cabled notification; we require the original approval notice or the
approved petition from INS and they can take up to 2 months to transfer
files to us."

Sooo... If you haven't already sent in your DS156, 156K DS230 Pt 1, I would
ASAP.. and pop in a cover note to ask them to open a provisional file..

Sooo.. as soon as we get the I797, we are copying 3 times.. Send original
and notarised copy to London with appropriate cover note.. Send 1 notarised
copy to me and keep one notarised copy in the US..
Once London has that I797 they can send the PKT4 and hopefully an
appointment date..
Pkt 3 (the DSL etc) should be with me soon I think.. as soon as I get it.. I
will let you know as I think our timeline are more or less identical..
(VSC/London) NOA2 Nov 1st cabled to London on the 4th

Pete
Old Nov 7th 2002, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

one question occurs to me from the previous posts. Its the old, old question about original or notarised copies. I have seen a lot of advice that the ORIGINAL approval form should be sent to the embassy, but have also seen postings about problems arising with AOS when, it seems the original is also required. If the Embassy will not return the original (as appears to have happened in one or two cases) this can be a problem.

So, the simple question is.....will a notarised copy of the approval suffice?
Old Nov 10th 2002, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant future

i havent opened a provisional file or anything- i thought we would just wait till the embassy sent the forms but i guess that doesnt happen right away.

Pete, how did you know the date that your approval was cabled?

Originally posted by Pete F
Steff..
Am in the same boat.. I did ask the Embassy about sending out I797 when we
get it (5 days now) from Vermont.. They said yes.. ..

"
Yes, there would be a point as we can't schedule the interview on the basis
of the cabled notification; we require the original approval notice or the
approved petition from INS and they can take up to 2 months to transfer
files to us."

Sooo... If you haven't already sent in your DS156, 156K DS230 Pt 1, I would
ASAP.. and pop in a cover note to ask them to open a provisional file..

Sooo.. as soon as we get the I797, we are copying 3 times.. Send original
and notarised copy to London with appropriate cover note.. Send 1 notarised
copy to me and keep one notarised copy in the US..
Once London has that I797 they can send the PKT4 and hopefully an
appointment date..
Pkt 3 (the DSL etc) should be with me soon I think.. as soon as I get it.. I
will let you know as I think our timeline are more or less identical..
(VSC/London) NOA2 Nov 1st cabled to London on the 4th

Pete
Old Nov 10th 2002, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

oo nevermind, i checked the online status and it said

On November 04, 2002 the appropriate American Consulate or port of entry was notified by cable, telephone, or fax of the approval of this case.

same as yours
Old Nov 11th 2002, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I'm resurrecting this thread, as I received our approval notice from my fiance today, so now I have it to take to London for my interview. The Embassy have asked me to send them the original notice (not a photocopy) to them in order that they can send me an interview date quicker (within 2-3 weeks, they said). So, from anyone's experience, is it worth sending them my precious original, or should I just wait until NSC sends them a notice? Does anyone know the wait time doing this?

Thanks in advance :-)

Peace,

D.
Old Nov 11th 2002, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

In a desperate attempt (lol) to shorten the timescale by a week or so, I have e-mailed the London Embassy to ask if a faxed version of the original 2nd NOA direct from my fiancee would enable them to set up an interview date. I expect a negative repsonse (!) but its worth a try to cut the time by the best part of a week and to keep my grubby mitts on that precious original.

I will post the outcome.
Old Nov 11th 2002, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi abba,

Thought you might want to know that I just called the 09055 444 546 number, and they told me that I don't need to send the I-797 to the Embassy. They said that the Embassy will receive notice soon. I told them that I have an email from the Embassy that does ask me to send it, and they admitted that they didn't know what was right. Aaargh! So I have also emailed the Embassy, and I won't be posting the I-797 until I get a reply from them saying so. I'll let you know.

How confusing, though!

Peace,

D.
Old Nov 11th 2002, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dazeychain
The Embassy have asked me to send them the original notice (not a photocopy) to them in order that they can send me an interview date quicker (within 2-3 weeks, they said).
Hello there!!!
I'm still waiting for approval from TSC (day 55!!!!!! Are they actually still in business, or have they dropped off the face of the earth????!!!!)
I've emailed London myself to ask about the waiting times for interviews, and they told me that I could also send in the original (they're adamant they won't accept a copy), and I asked them what the chances of my making my planned travel date (Dec 10th). They told me that it really depends on when we get approved.
The thing i'd like to know is that if I did send my notice, and they scheduled an interview for say 2 weeks after they received it, would that be enough time for the file to arrive from Texas? They'd look pretty daft if they gave me a date, and then they hadn't got the file by then! So if it can take up to 30 days for them to send the file by pouch (I read this somewhere on this NG), surely they wouldn't schedule and interview until at least 3 or 4 weeks in advance? And also, does the SC notify the embassy AS SOON as the petition is approved, by phone, fax, etc? I really want to speed things up as much as I can, but London have a backlog, and I don't want my approval notice to be sitting in a pile for 3 weeks waiting to be opened, when I can save time by doing something about it. Any more suggestions while I take a breath?
Kate. xxxxx
P.S: I'm not really sure what my question was, but humour me, people, and post some suggestions anyway!!! LOL