Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

how long is the interview/medical

how long is the interview/medical

Old Dec 23rd 2004, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

brownsnoutuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how long is the interview/medical

i have been given an interview in london on jan 11th... I wanted to book train tickets in advance so it works out cheaper - but im not sure what time to specify my return journey.

How long does the whole interview take and then waiting for the blood test etc???

my medical is at 8am..im not sure if its the same time for everybody, or if half go first, and the rest later.

any help would be apprecaited

chris
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 7:12 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: how long is the interview/medical

Originally Posted by brownsnoutuk
i have been given an interview in london on jan 11th... I wanted to book train tickets in advance so it works out cheaper - but im not sure what time to specify my return journey.

How long does the whole interview take and then waiting for the blood test etc???

my medical is at 8am..im not sure if its the same time for everybody, or if half go first, and the rest later.

chris
best to get to the medical well before 8am so you are closer to the front of the q, they do not open the doors early though!.

some people do medical first - sone do interview first, they split surnames - first half of alphabet do medical first etc. i also went to my medical first - we were finished at the docs by about 9:30 then straight over to the embassy (dont forget u dont need to q - just show them your letter!) and assuming all your paperwork is striaght forward/complete it should be quite swift, we were complete and had the final decision (a yes) by midday. any further questions feel free to ask.

Ant
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long is the interview/medical

Originally Posted by brownsnoutuk

chris
When my now husband went for his K1 interview, he had the visa in his hands (when they still did the visas on the same day) by around 2pm. So I'd say if you booked a return ticket for around 6ish you'd have plenty of time for the medical/interview and probably a meal and some sight-seeing. I wouldn't book any sooner than 5 really since you want to give yourself plenty of time for the interview and give yourself time to travel back to the train station. You know how those travel delays are in London. <rolleyes>

Happy Holidays!!
Cheers,
Jamie
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 8:23 am
Jason

Default Re: how long is the interview/medical

after everything had finished interview/medical-wise at London they
used to make you wait around for a couple of hours and then call you
forward and give you back your newly stamped up passport, but they
don't do that anymore - the passport is couriered to you the next day
instead which shaves off a good amount of the day spent there. (I know
because I received my visa from London on the very last day before the
courier thing started ;-))

I agree with Ant - you should be done by midday - 1pm at the latest.
(providing everything is straightforward that is!)

good luck

Jason