Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How long does it take for London Embassy to receive I-797 from CSC?

How long does it take for London Embassy to receive I-797 from CSC?

Old Dec 24th 2002, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Amo mi Británico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long does it take for London Embassy to receive I-797 from CSC?

Hi All,

I am contemplating whether I should mail my original I-797 approval notice to the American Embassy in London to get a quicker interview date or not. I am standing pretty firm right now that I will not, and will just wait for the service center to send my approval to the Embassy in London.

Does anyone know how long this will take? I've heard different stories that it can take anywhere from 3 weeks to a month. What have people'e expereinces been?

I know that people can get an interview date quicker if they send the original I-797, but I'm afraid that I won't get it back.

Who waited for the Service Center to notify the London Embassy, and how long did it take?

Thanks!
Old Dec 24th 2002, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya...just to let you know that I've replied to your PM that you sent me about this. To reiterate...I didn't send them my I-797, as I thought it wouldn't take too long for them to get their own copy...and ten days later London got their own copy from Nebraska, so all was well. We'd already waited exactly 6 months from NOA 1 to NOA 2 so 10 days was easy! The Embassy kept excellent contact with me throughout by email too...don't be scared to mail them daily, as long as you're nice!

Peace,

D.
Old Dec 24th 2002, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Finchd is an unknown quantity at this point

You best bet is to email them, but from the web site as you get a quicker response, http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/moreinfo.htm.
They respond pretty quickly (from my own experiance) and they are very helpful. If you explain that your forms have been accepted by the INS and has been cabled to the embassy they should be able to email you a interview date as soon as they get the forms. (From what I gather most people are being provided with interview dates about 3 or 4 weeks in advance).

Good luck

Deexx

Last edited by Finchd; Dec 24th 2002 at 4:51 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2002, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

ladymcbride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long does it take for London Embassy to receive I-797 from CSC?

1st Noa August 14
2nd Noa August 23
our petition expires today but I have waited all this time and they have not received our NOA from VSC or yesterday I sent them the I-797 original. I got a duplicate copy sent to me by VSC last week, so I have that for the interview. I also contacted them about the situation via email and they told me that my petition could be expended it I wrote them a notorized letter stating that I will marry my fiance' within 90 days of his entry into the USA via K-1 visa. So, now I'm crossing my fingures for an interview date soon.