Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How long do London take to reply to emails?

How long do London take to reply to emails?

Old Mar 11th 2003, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

gonecountry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long do London take to reply to emails?

I emailed London overnight last night and the night before.. and have had no response...
tearing my hair out trying to organise schools for the kids and buying a house in PA... could really use some kind of date to work with even if it is a way off it would help so much to have an idea.
Is it true that no news is more likely good news? - hoping that they are trying to tie it up so they can give me an interview date when they respond??? wishful thinking I know... what have other peoples experiences been... Am i using the best email address?
[email protected]
???
Old Mar 11th 2003, 10:58 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, that's the best address. I've had different response times from London. Most of the time, they're very good, and reply the next day. I think it depends on their workload. Don't worry, you'll hear something soon. Also, if it's any help, (obviously different for each case), I sent them my K1 approval notice on a Friday, and I had my interview date via email on the following Monday. I can't fault London, they're very good.
Kate. xxxxxxx
Old Mar 11th 2003, 2:47 pm
Dana Burke

Default Re: How long do London take to reply to emails?

Like Kate, I had good luck with communication from London. The usually
respond within 24 hours and sometimes almost immediately. However, on
occasion it took 2-3 days. Must be workload, I think.

Dana

"gonecountry" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I emailed London overnight last night and the night before.. and have
    > had no response...
    > tearing my hair out trying to organise schools for the kids and buying a
    > house in PA... could really use some kind of date to work with even if
    > it is a way off it would help so much to have an idea.
    > Is it true that no news is more likely good news? - hoping that they are
    > trying to tie it up so they can give me an interview date when they
    > respond??? wishful thinking I know... what have other peoples
    > experiences been... Am i using the best email address?
    > [email protected]
    > ???
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 11th 2003, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Yes, that's the best address. I've had different response times from London. Most of the time, they're very good, and reply the next day. I think it depends on their workload. Don't worry, you'll hear something soon. Also, if it's any help, (obviously different for each case), I sent them my K1 approval notice on a Friday, and I had my interview date via email on the following Monday. I can't fault London, they're very good.
Kate. xxxxxxx
Kate,

Did you send the original Approval letter? or a photo copy? Did you need the original letter for the AOS? Sorry for so many questions...just wondering if I should wait until embassy receives notification from NSC or send on a copy of approval letter. I did email embassy last week to see if they had received approval from NSC. They did not. I emailed them the A#....but I guess they don't care about that.

What are your thoughts on this?
Old Mar 11th 2003, 5:08 pm
ScarlettHill

Default Re: How long do London take to reply to emails?

Originally posted by gonecountry
I emailed London overnight last night and the night before.. and have had no response...
tearing my hair out trying to organise schools for the kids and buying a house in PA... could really use some kind of date to work with even if it is a way off it would help so much to have an idea.
Is it true that no news is more likely good news? - hoping that they are trying to tie it up so they can give me an interview date when they respond??? wishful thinking I know... what have other peoples experiences been... Am i using the best email address?
[email protected]
???
I'm probably being thick and missing something here but I don't understand... Your signature shows you have an interview date at the end of this month. But you say you need a date to work with. What other date is there? Is it different for DCF? Mostly at LOndon, unless there's something wrong, you get your visa or adjudication or whatever same day as interview....

Re emailing - I found London embassy completely silent regarding emails before I opened my provisional file and when I wanted to ask something AFTER I received my visa. But the time from when the provisional file was opened to receiving the visa I never waited more than a day or two for answers. Seems to be if you have an active file you get a quick response.

Best of luck with your process.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:49 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Scarlett!
I think she recieved the interview date today (Yay!!), and must have only just put it on her signature.

Hi, Britamerica!!!
London won't accept any copies of the notice, it has to be the original. It's up to you if you want to send it. In my case, all worked out for the best, as I got mine right back at the K1 interview. We haven't AOS'd yet, but you will need the original for your AOS interview, and if the Embassy keeps your copy (before the file arrives from NSC), it'll be sent on to your local office. I couldn't say what happens in that case, I'm afraid.
Best of luck getting a speedy date!!!
Kate. xxxxxx
Old Mar 11th 2003, 8:10 pm
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Hi, Scarlett!
I think she recieved the interview date today (Yay!!), and must have only just put it on her signature.
...snip...
DING!!!

Sound of light dawning over Dallas.

Thanks, Kate!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Mar 12th 2003, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

[email protected]
???

FYI and also to express my frustrations....

It took the US Consulate in Venezuela 1 month to answer me. I dont know if I should laugh or cry!! And then, they are so vague!

~Claudia
Old Mar 12th 2003, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Yep that's right i can now answer my own question...
London took 24 hours to respond but when they did it was with an interview date!!!!
It is definately worth buggin them by email... I am convinced our applications would have sat in a drawer for another few weeks had i not bugged them to get it out and deal with it!
Am i right in thinking London always do their interviews on Tuesdays? Just noted that yesterday adn the day before they gave out 25th March- hence datcha and i have the same day... the Karl got his and it was for April 1st.. a week later
Anyway hotel is booked for the night before now all i have to do is sell up almost everything i own... help panic rising all over again!!!!
Ginny
Old Mar 12th 2003, 11:18 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Yep that's right i can now answer my own question...
London took 24 hours to respond but when they did it was with an interview date!!!!
It is definately worth buggin them by email... I am convinced our applications would have sat in a drawer for another few weeks had i not bugged them to get it out and deal with it!
Am i right in thinking London always do their interviews on Tuesdays? Just noted that yesterday adn the day before they gave out 25th March- hence datcha and i have the same day... the Karl got his and it was for April 1st.. a week later
Anyway hotel is booked for the night before now all i have to do is sell up almost everything i own... help panic rising all over again!!!!
Ginny
But this is a good kinda, energizing panic right?
Old Mar 12th 2003, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Yes the kind of panic thats made me clear off all my bookcases this morning...
Ginny
Old Mar 12th 2003, 3:53 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the kind of panic thats made me clear off all my bookcases this morning...
Ginny
So this means a giant car boot sale right?
Old Mar 12th 2003, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, fastest reply I've ever received from embassy (London). They replied in twenty minutes with Jeff's interview date April 1, 2003!

I remember someone else on this site having a April Fool's Day interview...who was that?
Old Mar 12th 2003, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

dailyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on all your interviews dates, I haven't had the same luck with emails though. I emailed them yesterday and the day before and still no reply.

Oh well, I'll just keep waiting
Old Mar 12th 2003, 6:06 pm
Sursum corda

Originally posted by dailyn
Congratulations on all your interviews dates, I haven't had the same luck with emails though. I emailed them yesterday and the day before and still no reply.

Oh well, I'll just keep waiting
I'll bet you you hear something NLT St Patrick's Day!