Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How long did you wait for your Embassy interview date?

How long did you wait for your Embassy interview date?

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Chrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant future
Default How long did you wait for your Embassy interview date?

Hi everyone

I returned the fiance visa application checklist to the Embassy just over 2 weeks ago, but have not heard anything as yet (I already have my medical and Police checks done on me) - I thought i may have received an appointment date, even if the appointment was a month ot two away from now?

Im mainly concerned because I enclosed a letter with the form, advising of a new address - I need to ensure that the most important paperwork of my life hasn't gone AWOL

Is there any way that I can check on its safe arrival at the embassy?

Am i correct in thinking that I cannot telephone them?

Many thanks all - have a great day

Chris
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long did you wait for your Embassy interview date?

Originally Posted by Chrisw1968
Hi everyone

I returned the fiance visa application checklist to the Embassy just over 2 weeks ago, but have not heard anything as yet (I already have my medical and Police checks done on me) - I thought i may have received an appointment date, even if the appointment was a month ot two away from now?

Im mainly concerned because I enclosed a letter with the form, advising of a new address - I need to ensure that the most important paperwork of my life hasn't gone AWOL

Is there any way that I can check on its safe arrival at the embassy?

Am i correct in thinking that I cannot telephone them?

Many thanks all - have a great day

Chris
Chris, I'm sure you have been reading about the recent change in US Consulate filings and subsequent proceedings. It is very likely, although not confirmed, that your interview is going to be postponed for a bit due to the new Adam Walsh Act. It is unclear if the implementation of the Act will affect K visas as it has the filing of I-130's for the issuance of Immediate Relative Visas.

You can, of course, phone them and/or e-mail them. Whether you will get a speedy response at this time is unknown but it can't hurt to try to contact them.

Good luck.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:14 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Chris, I'm sure you have been reading about the recent change in US Consulate filings and subsequent proceedings. It is very likely, although not confirmed, that your interview is going to be postponed for a bit due to the new Adam Walsh Act. It is unclear if the implementation of the Act will affect K visas as it has the filing of I-130's for the issuance of Immediate Relative Visas.

You can, of course, phone them and/or e-mail them. Whether you will get a speedy response at this time is unknown but it can't hurt to try to contact them.

Good luck.
I'm a bit out of the loop, will this hold things up due to more thorough background checks?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rete

Good luck.
Hi Rete - thanks ever so much, I will see if i can find their contact details and try on monday, I have not heard of the Adam Walsh act - time for me to study up on stuff! lol

Thanks ever so much
Old Feb 4th 2007, 12:08 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There is plenty of information on this on this forum. Look for posts by meauxna and Folinskyina of this and last week.