Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How long after the biometrics?

Wikiposts

How long after the biometrics?

Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Johnny5isAlive is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation How long after the biometrics?

Can anyone tell me roughly how long after the biometrics ( ihave mone in 2 weeks time ) will i have to wait to recieve my work card..

Thanks in advance

I have applied to adjust status after marrying. the reciepts came through very quick and so did the appointment for biometrics
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:25 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long after the biometrics?

It's still about 90 days from applying to receipt of EAD card.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnny5isAlive
Can anyone tell me roughly how long after the biometrics ( ihave mone in 2 weeks time ) will i have to wait to recieve my work card..

Thanks in advance

I have applied to adjust status after marrying. the reciepts came through very quick and so did the appointment for biometrics
As meauxna said, just figure 90 days from filing AOS to receiving EAD. Never mind when the biometrics happens.

Rene
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
As meauxna said, just figure 90 days from filing AOS to receiving EAD. Never mind when the biometrics happens.

Rene
Has it been known to come earlier? just keeping the hope alive. sitting around with no job is getting irritating. We recieved our receipts for the the aos etc very fast and within 5 days the appointment for biometrics. I know i'm assuming here but isn't that fast?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:37 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it's been known to come earlier, but that wasn't the question, AND there is ZERO way of knowing until you receive the card.
Hope for the best, burn an incense, say a prayer, make an offering at your favorite alter.... will it work? Well, you never know I guess..

There are a lot of things you can be doing to prepare for job acceptance, including getting your resume ready, hair cut, leads lined up, take people out to lunch, network etc.
And if none of that is applicable to you, go paint a room or something. Irritating is a state of mind.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Has it been known to come earlier? just keeping the hope alive. sitting around with no job is getting irritating. We recieved our receipts for the the aos etc very fast and within 5 days the appointment for biometrics. I know i'm assuming here but isn't that fast?
Some people have had the EAD arrive in 6 weeks or so http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=108

......but 90 days is a sound principle to go by
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Has it been known to come earlier?
Yes....but will yours? No way of knowing.

Rene
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes....but will yours? No way of knowing.

Rene
I think i was hoping to hear stories of the best kind...
seems to be going fast so far.. fingers crossed
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:40 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

J5iA,

True, but have you been job hunting while you're waiting? Unless you have something already lined up and waiting for you, the odds are that you'll have the EAD long before you find someone to hire you.

Regards, JEff

sitting around with no job is getting irritating.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 10:07 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... sitting around with no job is getting irritating.
You don't need to be sitting around... you can apply for jobs, interview for jobs, network, accept a position, etc. The only thing you can't do until you have an EAD... is sign an employment contract.

I have to say, when it was me going through the process, I was unemployed for 4 months before landing a part-time job writing obituaries for the local newspaper. A full-time position was still 3 more months away... and all that was when the economy was a lot better than it is just now.

Finding a job is hard work... do the footwork now so you can go as far as you can. Then, when you get the EAD, you'll be much better positioned.

Ian
Old Jan 12th 2010, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Of course it's been known to come earlier, but that wasn't the question, AND there is ZERO way of knowing until you receive the card.
Hope for the best, burn an incense, say a prayer, make an offering at your favorite alter.... will it work? Well, you never know I guess..

There are a lot of things you can be doing to prepare for job acceptance, including getting your resume ready, hair cut, leads lined up, take people out to lunch, network etc.
And if none of that is applicable to you, go paint a room or something. Irritating is a state of mind.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Location: Kentucky - Green Card came 2 months after marrying! :D
ajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance

Johnny,

Just saw your post to the Louisville thread. I'll private message you.

In response to your biometrics stuff after aos. I got married May 2009, I didn't get my EAD until first week in July... I got my GREEN CARD 2 weeks after I got my EAD, after which time the Green Card acts as the EAD!

For some reason they sent my AOS application to California (from Vermont???) and it was processed very quickly in light of the timescales for processing in Vermont, I have no idea why they expedited it!

I'll be glad to give advice where I can, seeing as we seem to be in the same city and I have been through what you are going through now!

Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:48 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Vermont transfers several cases to California. Our AOS was transferred there as well. My husbands EAD came about a month after his biometrics . We live in NYC.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ajcmals
Johnny,

Just saw your post to the Louisville thread. I'll private message you.

In response to your biometrics stuff after aos. I got married May 2009, I didn't get my EAD until first week in July... I got my GREEN CARD 2 weeks after I got my EAD, after which time the Green Card acts as the EAD!

For some reason they sent my AOS application to California (from Vermont???) and it was processed very quickly in light of the timescales for processing in Vermont, I have no idea why they expedited it!

I'll be glad to give advice where I can, seeing as we seem to be in the same city and I have been through what you are going through now!

OOC, did you have to attend an interview or did you just get automatic approval?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Location: Kentucky - Green Card came 2 months after marrying! :D
ajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
OOC, did you have to attend an interview or did you just get automatic approval?
Approval for AOS? I had no AOS interview... only thing I had to do for AOS was biometrics to be taken downtown.

It seems as though the K1 Visa process was longer and harder than the AOS process. Didn't like having to pay over $1000 for AOS though! OUCH!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.