Wikiposts

How long?

Old Aug 28th 2010, 5:40 am
Bulldawgy dawg

Location: Currently living in Medway, Kent UK. Hoping to be living in the Tr-Cities, Washington state, USA
Master_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really nice
Default How long?

From start to finish, how long did it take you guys to complete the immigration process? If it helps to make things a bit more accurate I'll be going for the fiance visa

Thanks in advance guys
Old Aug 28th 2010, 6:13 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long?

Originally Posted by Master_Bulldog
From start to finish, how long did it take you guys to complete the immigration process? If it helps to make things a bit more accurate I'll be going for the fiance visa

Thanks in advance guys
From the beginning of the K-1 route (document collection, preparing package etc) to finally getting her visa after changing horses midstream and marrying in Gibralter and filing DCF in Madrid....9 months.

Had we stayed with the K-1, it would have taken 12-15 months most likely...with TSC's huge backlog at that time.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 6:16 am
Bulldawgy dawg

Location: Currently living in Medway, Kent UK. Hoping to be living in the Tr-Cities, Washington state, USA
Master_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really nice

Originally Posted by ironporer
From the beginning of the K-1 route (document collection, preparing package etc) to finally getting her visa after changing horses midstream and marrying in Gibralter and filing DCF in Madrid....9 months.

Had we stayed with the K-1, it would have taken 12-15 months most likely...with TSC's huge backlog at that time.
Thanks... Yeah, I'm reckoning on between 1 year and 18 months.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks... Yeah, I'm reckoning on between 1 year and 18 months.
Would getting married make the time faster? We did DCF back in 2003 (although we were both married and had been for a few years by that time) and it took a few months to get that visa....
Old Aug 28th 2010, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

WARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond repute

Back in 2008 we filed for the K1 in early Jan and I had the visa in my passport on May 22nd. We made sure there were NO ERRORS at all in our application and I was very proactive in ensuring I had all my documents ready ahead of time. 5 1/2 months was pretty good in my opinion. I very much doubt it would take a year to complete. Start packing!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:01 am
Bulldawgy dawg

Originally Posted by WARPed
Back in 2008 we filed for the K1 in early Jan and I had the visa in my passport on May 22nd. We made sure there were NO ERRORS at all in our application and I was very proactive in ensuring I had all my documents ready ahead of time. 5 1/2 months was pretty good in my opinion. I very much doubt it would take a year to complete. Start packing!
Thanks WARPed,

That's a real comfort really dislike waiting and the little lady is getting a bit anxious.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:03 am
Bulldawgy dawg

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Would getting married make the time faster? We did DCF back in 2003 (although we were both married and had been for a few years by that time) and it took a few months to get that visa....
Due to the cost of flights etc...marraige isn't an option until I arrive there.

Thanks for the suggestion though
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

WARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks WARPed,

That's a real comfort really dislike waiting and the little lady is getting a bit anxious.
Can she come to the UK and wait it out with you? That is what my Mrs did as Yanks can stay in the UK for 6 months on a visitor visa (not like the 90 days we get in the other direction).
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:10 am
Bulldawgy dawg

Originally Posted by WARPed
Can she come to the UK and wait it out with you? That is what my Mrs did as Yanks can stay in the UK for 6 months on a visitor visa (not like the 90 days we get in the other direction).
Nah, not an option I'm afraid. She works as a professor and the college term has just started.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:14 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance guys
Assuming you are interested in CURRENT immigration timelines, I moved your thread to the marriage-based immigration forum.

If you are petitioning + applying for a K-1 Fiance visa, you might find the posts in here very helpful.

K-1 visas via London are currently taking about 6 months from petition to interview.

Last edited by meauxna; Aug 28th 2010 at 7:28 am. Reason: fixed my typos!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:21 am
Bulldawgy dawg

Originally Posted by meauxna
Assuming you are interested in CURRENT immigration timelines, I moved your thread to the marriage-based immigration forum.

If you are petitioning + applying for a K-1 Fiance visa, you might find the posts in here very helpful.

K-1 visas via London are currently taking about 6 months from petition to interview.

OK, thank you meauxna

Last edited by meauxna; Aug 28th 2010 at 7:28 am.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:31 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

From start to finish, how long did it take you guys to complete the immigration process?
From start to finish, it took me 6.5 years. It seems that most of the people posting are only giving timelines for part of the process.

Ian
Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:34 am
Bulldawgy dawg

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
From start to finish, it took me 6.5 years. It seems that most of the people posting are only giving timelines for part of the process.

Ian

I'll consider that as either a wind up or that there was a reason it took you 6.5 years! LOL
Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'll consider that as either a wind up or that there was a reason it took you 6.5 years!
One isn't finished with immigration until one becomes a USC.

Ian
Old Aug 28th 2010, 2:12 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
One isn't finished with immigration until one becomes a USC.

Ian
Yep, mine was about the same: applied for H-1B in October 2001, got my Citz in November 2008.

Intermediate stages were:

Applied for marriage-based GC in December 2003.
Green Card received in February 2005.
Applied for Citz in March 2008.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.