Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

how do I get proof of address.

how do I get proof of address.

Old Dec 28th 2013, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how do I get proof of address.

Originally Posted by Casual Observer
Advising someone to open an account with a large unseeded lump of cash ... is not good advice.
Did anyone here mention either "large" or "unseeded" when speaking of money? The guy wants to open a bank account. Give him the info he needs (which you did) and let him work it out... there's no need to add your paranoia into the equation.

Ian
Old Dec 28th 2013, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
SAR=suspicious activity report.
You apparently have little idea what constitutes suspicious activity.
30 + Years of banking experience including running the AML and terrorist funding team for a major National Bank would suggest that I have rather more than what "appears" to be the case to you. By the way that includes overseeing every single SAR in the country filed by our staff.

The incorrect answers you have given would if put in practice by you at the Bank I work for place you on corrective action up to and including termination. They could also in certain circumstances make you criminally liable subject to fines and imprisonment. I hold the industry standard anti money lending certification and more licenses than I care to remember and am subject to ongoing background checks on a bi annual basis.

But hey if it 'appears' to you that I do not know what I am talking about feel free to carry on making factually incorrect statements on a BBS.
Old Dec 28th 2013, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Did anyone here mention either "large" or "unseeded" when speaking of money?

Ian

Yes, both directly and by implication

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
. there's no need to add your paranoia into the equation.

Ian
Not my paranoia but various pieces of USA legislation.

With respect Ian, there is more in life to pedantic about than correct immigration terms. I am not in any way meaning to be confrontational, but rather just as pedantic in getting the correct information across as your good self sir. If my post comes across that way I apologize - it was not intended as such.

There is a reason why the bank requested the information they did. Either he has it and provides it or he doesn't. There is no "Oh well he is a new immigrant so forget it section" included in the legislation.

The paranoia can be found at source below

http://www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/patriot/

The easy answer for the OP is to have his GF add him to a utility bill for the home and problem = solved.

Last edited by Casual Observer; Dec 28th 2013 at 2:59 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2013, 3:15 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

30 + Years of banking experience including running the AML and terrorist funding team for a major National Bank would suggest that I have rather more than what "appears" to be the case to you. By the way that includes overseeing every single SAR in the country filed by our staff.

The incorrect answers you have given would if put in practice by you at the Bank I work for place you on corrective action up to and including termination. They could also in certain circumstances make you criminally liable subject to fines and imprisonment. I hold the industry standard anti money lending certification and more licenses than I care to remember and am subject to ongoing background checks on a bi annual basis.

But hey if it 'appears' to you that I do not know what I am talking about feel free to carry on making factually incorrect statements on a BBS.
I see. So it is your job to be paranoid. What advice do you have regarding proof of address?
Old Dec 28th 2013, 3:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The easy answer for the OP is to have his GF add him to a utility bill for the home and problem = solved.
Originally Posted by RICH
I see. So it is your job to be paranoid. What advice do you have regarding proof of address?
Rich, see the quote above yours.

I am closing this thread as it's going off-topic.

Rene