Reload this Page >

How to carry the X-Ray?

How to carry the X-Ray?

Old May 3rd 2003, 10:58 am
fun
Forum Regular

fun is on a distinguished road
Default How to carry the X-Ray?

Any ideas. I would think that I would put it in the check-in. Do they look at it? Does anybody carry it?

Thanks.
Old May 3rd 2003, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to carry the X-Ray?

Originally posted by fun
Any ideas. I would think that I would put it in the check-in. Do they look at it? Does anybody carry it?

Thanks.
x-ray pictures cannot be destroyed by the x-ray machines at airport. you might consider taking the pictures into the cabin. just in case you luggage gets lost. it might seam paranoid, but you say that after it got lost? getting an x-ray shot again is not only a hassle and expensive, but it is not good for your health. i would not leave any important documents with the check in - but that might be personal preference.

that is just my $0.02
Old May 3rd 2003, 12:04 pm
finally home with thing1

thing2 is an unknown quantity at this point

At my interview I was told to carry it in my hand luggage and that's what I'm going to do. It's required at the POE. Do whatever they tell you to do with it, no point chancing anything.
Old May 3rd 2003, 4:51 pm
Margaret

I simply had packed my x-ray in my suitcase between my clothes. I was
never informed anything at my interview. At the Buffalo/Fort Erie
border I handed over my passport and my son's as well as the big brown
envelope. I was never asked for the x-ray by the immigration officer.
So now this thing sits in my closet at home here.

thing2 wrote in message news:...
    > At my interview I was told to carry it in my hand luggage and that's
    > what I'm going to do. It's required at the POE. Do whatever they tell
    > you to do with it, no point chancing anything.

Old May 3rd 2003, 4:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by fun

Thanks.
Carry it however you like. Most of you will be surprised that noone at the POE will take your x-ray. They'll tell you to keep it for a souvenier or give it to your new MD.
Old May 3rd 2003, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by meauxna
Carry it however you like. Most of you will be surprised that noone at the POE will take your x-ray. They'll tell you to keep it for a souvenier or give it to your new MD.

meauxna is right,When I got to the POE I was told to keep hold of it they don't need it????
I was told to keep it in my hand luggage,As it would be needed???
Oh Well I still have it with me so I guess its a souvenier..LOL.

Sal
Old May 3rd 2003, 5:19 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by fun

Thanks.
I just didn't bring it at all. I was told that the microfilm with my xray was enclosed in the brown packet (?). Besides, I'm sure the consular doctor will enclose the results of his findings as far as your your xray. I have yet to hear anyone report that it was ever required in the US....
Old May 3rd 2003, 7:54 pm
Son 5 & Daughter 2 1/2

Pete F is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by fun

Thanks.
The only reason to keep it with you personally in the cabin is if your medical records show you have had TB.. They may need to see the xray to show you are now clear. That would presume that there is a medically trained bod available at the POE. Other than that, nope.. not needed.. They opened my brown envelope in front of me and there was no microfilm visible attached to any of the sheets but there were quite a few sheets due to the 601 ect..
However.. take it with you to the USA.. it was usefull to me at my I693A medical to show I was clear as I dont have the BCG test scar as I was natuarlly immune and although the doctor believed me, Your's may not..
Once again.. usual disclaimers apply. YMMV etc..
Pete
Old May 3rd 2003, 8:23 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pete F
However.. take it with you to the USA.. it was usefull to me at my I693A medical to show I was clear <snip>
Pete
This is true. At the time we came through K1's did not require another medical exam for AOS. Nor did we file an I-693A. The report from the Consular Doctor was accepted as is. But now some sort of endorsement appears to be necessary by a doctor here, of which I have no real knowledge, except what I read here on the ng. This appears to be a universal norm here in the US now ... Although I merely stated my own experience, I agree that it is probably a good idea based on Pete's experience to just bring it along...

Last edited by Ranjini; May 3rd 2003 at 9:33 pm.
Old May 6th 2003, 9:58 am
fun
Forum Regular

fun is on a distinguished road

I was told by the Hong Kong Consulate that I don't need to carry the X-Ray in hand carry and that my medical report is in that envelope.

I didn't asked but took the X-Ray to the interview and the lady said herself this.

Thanks for all your responses.