Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How backwards is this....

How backwards is this....

Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:23 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of
Default How backwards is this....

Hey all,

I wouldn't generally post a random update to my AOS case but I thought this would make some people chuckle and others cringe...

Filed all my AOS paperwork (I-130; I-485; I-131; I-765) with all supporting evidence beginning of Feb 06, received NOA's for all applications on the 8th Feb. I went for my biometrics appointment on the 13th March for the I-485 and I-765. Since that date I have not heard a thing from USCIS, nor has any of my cases been updated online (very unreliable btw).

So, it is nearing the 8th May (90 days since my NOA), and I have still not received my worth authorization nor advance parole docs, so I'll be making an infopass app very soon to be able to get an interim EAD and to find out what the deal is with my AP.

Now here is the funny part.... when checking the mail this morning, and to my surprise there was an envelope from USCIS, a I-797C NOA request for "applicant to appear for initial interview, to register permanent residence or adjust status".

This NOA has come only 3 months after filing and I'll have the interview within 6 months of filing. This is what I find to be sooo backwards. I still don't have my EAD or AP, but here I have already received my interview letter for AOS. USCIS processing dates are all messed up on their website (as we all know)

I'm on cloud 9 after having received an interview date so soon after filing, but at the same time its been so frustrating not having received my EAD or AP yet.

Anyway, just thought I'd share and I would love to hear if anyone else has had or is in a similar scenario as me.

-Sean
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:25 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How backwards is this....

Originally Posted by Seanus
Hey all,

I wouldn't generally post a random update to my AOS case but I thought this would make some people chuckle and others cringe...

Filed all my AOS paperwork (I-130; I-485; I-131; I-765) with all supporting evidence beginning of Feb 06, received NOA's for all applications on the 8th Feb. I went for my biometrics appointment on the 13th March for the I-485 and I-765. Since that date I have not heard a thing from USCIS, nor has any of my cases been updated online (very unreliable btw).

So, it is nearing the 8th May (90 days since my NOA), and I have still not received my worth authorization nor advance parole docs, so I'll be making an infopass app very soon to be able to get an interim EAD and to find out what the deal is with my AP.

Now here is the funny part.... when checking the mail this morning, and to my surprise there was an envelope from USCIS, a I-797C NOA request for "applicant to appear for initial interview, to register permanent residence or adjust status".

This NOA has come only 3 months after filing and I'll have the interview within 6 months of filing. This is what I find to be sooo backwards. I still don't have my EAD or AP, but here I have already received my interview letter for AOS. USCIS processing dates are all messed up on their website (as we all know)

I'm on cloud 9 after having received an interview date so soon after filing, but at the same time its been so frustrating not having received my EAD or AP yet.

Anyway, just thought I'd share and I would love to hear if anyone else has had or is in a similar scenario as me.

-Sean
I'd like to know what's up with EAD processing. My son has been waiting nealry 3 months for a RENEWAL!!!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

-Sean
Heyyy Sean!

Congratulations! Yes, something like this happens now and then. Hooray for you!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:45 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Heyyy Sean!

Congratulations! Yes, something like this happens now and then. Hooray for you!

Best Wishes,
Rene

Hola Reneeeee, thx! this is mind blowing, to have my interview within 6 months I feel like i landed with my @ss in the butter, but on the flip-side i feel like I have been shafted with the current length of time to process my EAD and AP... what can ya do huh

-S
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Jack Jaff is an unknown quantity at this point

Hola Reneeeee, thx! this is mind blowing, to have my interview within 6 months I feel like i landed with my @ss in the butter, but on the flip-side i feel like I have been shafted with the current length of time to process my EAD and AP... what can ya do huh

-S
Wow, that's great! Where did you file?
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:26 pm
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

Hey all,

-Sean
That's great news, don't sweat it. If it maks things easier, when I filed back in 2004, I got the NOA for receipt Jan 08, then in March got the letter for the AOS interview for April 14th 04. 2 weeks before tht got the NOA letter asking me to come in for the EAD. Went for that 1 week before the AOS interview!

All in all everything ran so smooth I was paniking thinking that they were going to kick me out (for what I had no clue lol)

Filed in Baltimore MD.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:40 pm
THE Member

Originally Posted by Jack Jaff
Wow, that's great! Where did you file?
Filed in Lousiville, KY. So that would make the service centre Texas.
But the odd thing is that on the USCIS website Louisville is only showing a processing date for I-485's with a receipt date of March 2005 . *shrug*

-Sean
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:41 pm
THE Member

Originally Posted by Wildandcrazy0525
when I filed back in 2004, I got the NOA for receipt Jan 08, then in March got the letter for the AOS interview for April 14th 04. 2 weeks before tht got the NOA letter asking me to come in for the EAD. Went for that 1 week before the AOS interview!
That's crazy lol
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Filed in Lousiville, KY. So that would make the service centre Texas.
But the odd thing is that on the USCIS website Louisville is only showing a processing date for I-485's with a receipt date of March 2005 . *shrug*

-Sean
Hi Sean,

Your service center doesn't come into play in your AOS. Only your local office of Louisville.

Rene
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:56 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

hiya Seanus.. love the 'ass in butter' comment! lol!

Anyway, it's not all that weird, to me. The AOS is dictated by your local office's schedule. The EAD and AP are processed at a separate office that does everyone from around the US. I can see how one would have nothing to do with the other (I still think it takes way too long for EAD and AP, buuut).

The timelines aren't *wrong* per se. According to MUdall & MrF the posted processing date is for the oldest case they still have on the shelf. Other, newer cases get worked on in the interim.
It's always more accurate to look for others with similar filing schedules and the same DO if you want a better picture of 'reality' with the dates.

Anyway, it's all good news! Congrats & Save the Date!