Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How to "RollBack" Consular Process to file 485?

How to "RollBack" Consular Process to file 485?

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 12:55 am
Just Joined

sunshines is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How to "RollBack" Consular Process to file 485?

Hi All

I have been through a long way to get to this stage : My case is with the consulate now and I have recieved the packet-4 to send them back and get an interview date. BUT...

My wife is pregnant and we are expecting a baby after 5 months. She had a history of miscarriages and her gynacologist is not recommending her to travel. I cannot wait for another 6 months and want to file Adjustment of Status while remaining in the US. My H1 will expire 10 months from now. Please tell me how to rollback this process at this stage. Someone said all I need is to file for 485 and INS will take care of this so called rollback itself. Is this true?

Thank you in advance...
-sunshine
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 1:35 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to "RollBack" Consular Process to file 485?

Originally posted by sunshines:
Hi All

I have been through a long way to get to this stage : My case is with the consulate now and I have recieved the packet-4 to send them back and get an interview date. BUT...

My wife is pregnant and we are expecting a baby after 5 months. She had a history of miscarriages and her gynacologist is not recommending her to travel. I cannot wait for another 6 months and want to file Adjustment of Status while remaining in the US. My H1 will expire 10 months from now. Please tell me how to rollback this process at this stage. Someone said all I need is to file for 485 and INS will take care of this so called rollback itself. Is this true?

Thank you in advance...
-sunshine
Hi:

I've never heard this called a "rollback" -- but you just file the I-485 with proof of the approved visa petition. I would notify the consulate of the filing and "A" number -- however, they will respond only to the request from the INS itself.

You don't mention what type of visa you are apply for. If it is an employment based visa, I would submit a copy of the entire L/C-I140 packet with the 485.