Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Holy Crap My Aos Appointment Letter Came!!!!

Wikiposts

Holy Crap My Aos Appointment Letter Came!!!!

Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:16 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Holy Crap My Aos Appointment Letter Came!!!!

Originally posted by andrea874
Actually, they sent me a list like that with the interview letter. However, the "must haves" were basically like the birth certificates, passports, marriage certificates etc, and the "may also bring" list is all the rest of the supporting evidence
Maybe if people sent the copy of the letter they get sent for the interview with the list on it, someone could compile details for each service center?
Patrick
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Maybe if people sent the copy of the letter they get sent for the interview with the list on it, someone could compile details for each service center?
Patrick
My list is the same as Andrea's as we used NYC as well. My list is online if you did a search of the archives.

You're home and not working and have computer experience. Why don't you set up a chart but preface it with the fact that mileage varies from DO to DO.

Andrea ... read NYC interview experiences at:

http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
My list is the same as Andrea's as we used NYC as well. My list is online if you did a search of the archives.

You're home and not working and have computer experience. Why don't you set up a chart but preface it with the fact that mileage varies from DO to DO.

Thanks Rete, will do
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Thanks Rete, will do
I believe the number for the IRS to obtain transcripts is 1 800 829 1040 (at least that is the number I found)
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:34 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Rete

LOL.. started reading through the Interview appointment letters,,, Arizona lists the spouse as "an item"
Patrick
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.. started reading through the Interview appointment letters,,, Arizona lists the spouse as "an item"
Patrick
Hey! What's up with that! LOL

Rene
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hey! What's up with that! LOL

Rene
Man, I am so scared. I'm going to spend the next month and a half completely petrified. Ugh
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:48 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Man, I am so scared. I'm going to spend the next month and a half completely petrified. Ugh

LOL.. well if you read the interviews on the link Rete posted, 90% of the interviews are plain sailing as I am sure yours will be also.
Patrick
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

LOL.. well if you read the interviews on the link Rete posted, 90% of the interviews are plain sailing as I am sure yours will be also.
Patrick

I read them
Butttt, most of those people were here on a K-1. I'm just soooooo scared that they're going to deny me because I'm not here on a visa, and (I think) worked longer than I should have on my J1 a few years back (I was unclear on how that visa worked, and honestly just didn't bother finding out at the time). Plus my husband gets really nervous and I'm scared his head will explode or something in the interview hah
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:55 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

I read them
Butttt, most of those people were here on a K-1. I'm just soooooo scared that they're going to deny me because I'm not here on a visa, and (I think) worked longer than I should have on my J1 a few years back (I was unclear on how that visa worked, and honestly just didn't bother finding out at the time). Plus my husband gets really nervous and I'm scared his head will explode or something in the interview hah

Read some of the San Francisco posts, there are several posts from people marrying on visitors visa's, seems they got no different treatment to anyone else.
Patrick
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Read some of the San Francisco posts, there are several posts from people marrying on visitors visa's, seems they got no different treatment to anyone else.
Patrick

I also have a previous arrest from when I was a minor. I'm scared to DEATH about that. Charges were dismissed... does anyone know if this is going to be an issue?
Old Aug 4th 2004, 6:08 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

I also have a previous arrest from when I was a minor. I'm scared to DEATH about that. Charges were dismissed... does anyone know if this is going to be an issue?
The personal question is "what was the arrest for?" The type of arrest makes all the difference, for instance stealing a car in Ireland when you are a minor is called "joy riding" a misdemeanor offence in Ireland, here that is a felony and a VERY serious offence.
Patrick
Old Aug 4th 2004, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

The personal question is "what was the arrest for?" The type of arrest makes all the difference, for instance stealing a car in Ireland when you are a minor is called "joy riding" a misdemeanor offence in Ireland, here that is a felony and a VERY serious offence.
Patrick
The arrest was for shoplifting a 5 dollar computer game when I was like 14. I was given an absolute discharge, therefore have no criminal record.. AND was a minor, and under Canadian laws, all police reports/court reports were destroyed as soon as I became an adult. Theoretically there should be no way for the USCIS to know about it, but of course I checked off the "yes" box on the I-485 where it asked if I had ever been arrested. In my accompanying explanation, I simply explained that I had been arrested when I was a minor, receieved an absolute discharge, and have no criminal record. I'm going to have to bring a letter from the court stating that they have no record of me. It SHOULDNT be a problem, I don't think... but I am still absolutely terrified.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 6:22 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

The arrest was for shoplifting a 5 dollar computer game when I was like 14. I was given an absolute discharge, therefore have no criminal record.. AND was a minor, and under Canadian laws, all police reports/court reports were destroyed as soon as I became an adult. Theoretically there should be no way for the USCIS to know about it, but of course I checked off the "yes" box on the I-485 where it asked if I had ever been arrested. In my accompanying explanation, I simply explained that I had been arrested when I was a minor, receieved an absolute discharge, and have no criminal record. I'm going to have to bring a letter from the court stating that they have no record of me. It SHOULDNT be a problem, I don't think... but I am still absolutely terrified.
I think most likely all that will happen is you may be asked some questions about it at the interview, other than that I don't think they could stick you with "moral turpitude" for stealing a video game at 14yrs old.
Patrick
Old Aug 4th 2004, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

I think most likely all that will happen is you may be asked some questions about it at the interview, other than that I don't think they could stick you with "moral turpitude" for stealing a video game at 14yrs old.
Patrick

God I hope not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.