Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Holy Crap My Aos Appointment Letter Came!!!!

Wikiposts

Holy Crap My Aos Appointment Letter Came!!!!

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:09 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Holy Crap My Aos Appointment Letter Came!!!!

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Patrick!!

No I am not in IT, I want to go to college for computer science.. but that won't be until next year
I might have a job as a translator from home, which is a good thing since we only have one car, too many pets and a 10 year old lol (She is my little "taco" sister lol.. don't tell her, she will get mad!! lol)
Have you posted your resume at Monster.com?, search for IT companies in your area??, Google it??.
I find any IT positions in your area I will let you know!!!
GOOD LUCK Lad!!

Here is a hug((Patrick)), hope it makes you feel better!!

Ps: I am in Rock Springs (WY) , I miss my pets and Lexi!!!
Well I have two fields of expertise, I am a CNC programmer in the precision engineering field and I also have considerable experience in repair, maitainence and building of computers.
I can't do anything until I get my EAD but I did a quick check last month at pay rates for the CNC programmer and was quite pleased to see the rates are quite decent ($20 - $40 depending on experience, I have 10 years industrial experience). So I may end up going back into that line of work even though I got to hate it after 10 yrs, was high pressure and little rewards in Ireland.
Patrick
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:14 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally posted by andrea874
Lol. Nah, our "huge" wedding was just our very immediate family in Hawaii. Hmm... I'm going to get my mother to write a letter attesting to the fact that we definately have a bona fide marriage, maybe I'll just ask her to say something about the fact that it was a total shock. I could probably get copies of the plane ticket confirmations that were booked well after I was in the US as well. Again, someone tell me if this is going way too far and being on the verge of over-kill. I just don't want to leave anything out...
I am gonna say something that I keep getting told, don't stress so much, being from Canada is a big help as far as bona fide relationship goes (I think there are less fraud from there considering Canada is "really a part of the US" )as Robin Williams said "Canada is like a loft over a really good party" (LOL, or something like that), just tell USCIS you came down to the party
As long as you have names on bills etc you should be fine.

BTW I am totally joking about Canada, never been there so no idea about it so hopefully no one takes real offence
Patrick
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:16 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the letter Andrea ..They are worth nothing think... of more tangible thing..
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by inquisitive40
I am gonna say something that I keep getting told, don't stress so much, being from Canada is a big help as far as bona fide relationship goes (I think there are less fraud from there considering Canada is "really a part of the US" )as Robin Williams said "Canada is like a loft over a really good party" (LOL, or something like that), just tell USCIS you came down to the party
As long as you have names on bills etc you should be fine.

BTW I am totally joking about Canada, never been there so no idea about it so hopefully no one takes real offence
Patrick

Haha, honestly, I can't think of a single person in Canada who would WANT to commit visa fraud to get to the US (no offense to any americans). I don't have my name on the bills yet, I'm going to call there today and hopefully get my name added to at least one of them, so that we'll have a bill from Sept to show them with my name on it.

I'm so scared! I shouldn't be, but I totally am. I was arrested once as a minor, and I'm REALLY hoping that doesn't create a problem
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Forget the letter Andrea ..They are worth nothing think... of more tangible thing..

Copies of plane ticket reservations made? I'm totally going crazy thinking how to prove all of this. I thought I had it all straight until I got the appt letter! Eek
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:19 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/index.htm#6.11
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:23 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Haha, honestly, I can't think of a single person in Canada who would WANT to commit visa fraud to get to the US (no offense to any americans). I don't have my name on the bills yet, I'm going to call there today and hopefully get my name added to at least one of them, so that we'll have a bill from Sept to show them with my name on it.

I'm so scared! I shouldn't be, but I totally am. I was arrested once as a minor, and I'm REALLY hoping that doesn't create a problem

A lot of utility bills need your husband to authorize you on the bill.
Patrick
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

A lot of utility bills need your husband to authorize you on the bill.
Patrick

Looks like he'll be making some phone calls from the road then :P
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:26 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Looks like he'll be making some phone calls from the road then :P
Well the way I got only access (not actually name on the bill) was by calling them and the handing phone to my SO for her to authorize me to deal with the account, he will have to call them first and give them your name, I have no idea what their policies are for getting your name on the actual billing.
Patrick
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Well the way I got only access (not actually name on the bill) was by calling them and the handing phone to my SO for her to authorize me to deal with the account, he will have to call them first and give them your name, I have no idea what their policies are for getting your name on the actual billing.
Patrick

Eek well we'll see what happens I guess. At least we have a joint bank account, and both of our names on the lease.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:32 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Eek well we'll see what happens I guess. At least we have a joint bank account, and both of our names on the lease.

Well both of those are a great start,,, you have over a month to sort the evidence out, when will hubby be home?
BTW What band does he play in? Played pro for 15 years myself, gets to be a stress on a relationship though
Patrick
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Well both of those are a great start,,, you have over a month to sort the evidence out, when will hubby be home?
BTW What band does he play in? Played pro for 15 years myself, gets to be a stress on a relationship though
Patrick
He gets home on 8/15.

He plays drums in Last Perfection, a metal band from here. Go check them out www.lastperfection.com
They're not pro, he only tours a total of like 3 months/yr... but it definately sucks when hes away, I miss him SO much!
What did you play?
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Have your hubby get started ASAP getting your name on any utility bills, if you want to include those. Sometimes it takes one or two billing cycles to have both names appear, and your interview is next month.

I called my electric, TV cable, and telephone last month to add my hubby's name....so far only one of them has actually added his name.

Did you say you guys don't have health insurance? Wow...that's risky! How about other things that you might be a beneficiary on? Are you on the car insurance? Even if you don't drive, you can be added...just make sure it doesn't increase your premium. Mine actually went down because I was married.

The bank account and lease are very good items. I'm sure they can't expect TOO much after having been married only a few months! I'd get what you can, and explain the lack of time at your interview.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Noorah101
Have your hubby get started ASAP getting your name on any utility bills, if you want to include those. Sometimes it takes one or two billing cycles to have both names appear, and your interview is next month.

I called my electric, TV cable, and telephone last month to add my hubby's name....so far only one of them has actually added his name.

Did you say you guys don't have health insurance? Wow...that's risky! How about other things that you might be a beneficiary on? Are you on the car insurance? Even if you don't drive, you can be added...just make sure it doesn't increase your premium. Mine actually went down because I was married.

The bank account and lease are very good items. I'm sure they can't expect TOO much after having been married only a few months! I'd get what you can, and explain the lack of time at your interview.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Yeah, we currently have no health insurance. We are just straightening out insurance thru my husbands work... So if that pans out before the interview it would be great. And yeah, I know, its risky. These are all just things we haven't yet gotten straightened out. As soon as I have my EAD, I have a job lined up which gives us great health insurance, so we weren't in a huge rush to get the insurance stuff with his work straightened out. We never dreamed that the interview would be this soon!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 7:18 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have two fields of expertise, I am a CNC programmer in the precision engineering field and I also have considerable experience in repair, maitainence and building of computers.
I can't do anything until I get my EAD but I did a quick check last month at pay rates for the CNC programmer and was quite pleased to see the rates are quite decent ($20 - $40 depending on experience, I have 10 years industrial experience). So I may end up going back into that line of work even though I got to hate it after 10 yrs, was high pressure and little rewards in Ireland.
Patrick
You should be able to get a job then!!, post your resume in monster.com, careerbuilder.com, check with the newspaper, local job finders, I know you don't have your EAD yet, but send out your resumes, no harm no fool

Ps: I went to the SS office in Rock Springs about 10 minutes ago to see if I am in the save system, I am not! lol but I though I would try since this is a little town.. it only took 1 minute, I wish the Denver office was like that!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.