Wikiposts

Hi I'm New

Old Mar 10th 2013, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Beamsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi I'm New

I'm a UKC living in USA for past 8 years. I came on VWP and my passport expired. I have a few questions. Before everyone jumps to the whole immigration crap i know my stuff.

1. Passport Renewal

I've read and am i correct in saying I have nothing to worry about with the INS?
Facial Hair
Should i shave my goatee off and make new passport photos as like original?
3. I have a notory already and willing to varify that this is me.

2. Immingration

Ive been told that i have nothing to worry about if im on the VWP going to AOS. Especially by different lawyers who specify this. Is there anything in the pipeline for reform or should i just do it. Ive been quoted between $2800 - $3300 total for the process.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:50 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi I'm New

Exactly what basis are just adjusting status on? Marriage to a USC?
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:52 am
Just Joined

yes. whys everyone being idiots
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:52 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beamsy
I've read and am i correct in saying I have nothing to worry about with the INS?
With reference to your UK passport, USCIS won't care. BTW, the INS hasn't existed for over 10 years.

Ive been told that i have nothing to worry about if im on the VWP going to AOS.
I'm curious... on what basis are you qualified to adjust your status? Are you currently married to a USC? Regardless, did the lawyers mention that if your AOS is denied for any reason whatsoever, you become immediately removable from the US? If you're married to a USC, it won't make one bit of difference... they'll still remove you from the US - and probably put you in detention until then.

Ive been quoted between $2800 - $3300 total for the process.
You can do it yourself at no extra cost. What's your risk tolerance for failure?

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:55 am
Just Joined

i will get married. been engaged for 8. anything to worry about? no poice record, nothing.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:56 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

i will get married. been engaged for 8. anything to worry about?
Well for starters to Adjust Status you have to BE married to a USC to be able to apply.

As for anything to worry about, well you have been illegal for a number of years. Have you worked during this time? Have you ever falsely claimed to be a USC to gain an SSN or on a work application?
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:58 am
Just Joined

thatll get sorted. im talking after renewal sand marriage
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:58 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

been engaged for 8.
You've been engaged for 8 years? Wow!

anything to worry about?
Yes.

... no poice record, nothing.
... except that you are in the US illegally. Have you also been working illegally? How have you managed to survive and stay under the radar?

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:00 am
Just Joined

by being clever. no paper trails. i dont even exist.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:01 am
Often not so civil...

With all due respect, there's nothing clever about your actions thus far.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:02 am
Just Joined

i did what i did to support family. do i have anything to worry about
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:03 am
Account Closed

by being clever. no paper trails. i dont even exist.
Fine - you don't exist. I suggest a moderator close this thread and ban the poster.

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:04 am
Just Joined

why the amnest? im herefor help.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:05 am
Account Closed

im herefor help.
Why? You said yourself that you "know your stuff".

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:12 am
Often not so civil...

Your asking if your going to have a problem, we cant answer that. You have already retained an immigration attorney, I would suggest that they are more likely to know the potential pitfalls than the layman on this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.