Here we are again.

Old Jan 31st 2017, 6:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we are again.

Originally Posted by chris23
Thanks for the replies ladies and gents.

I have another question.

I have been reading and seen people here sending off evidence of cohabitation when submitting i130. I didn't send and any proof of cohabiting like mortgage statements or bank statements etc as my wife has a UK Passport so we photocopied that as proof of UK residency but didn't see it say anyway about showing proof of cohabiting or anything.

Should I have?

Thanks as always
You did the right thing. When the I-130 is filed in the USA, they want you to include evidence of joint life together. When the I-130 is filed directly to London, they do NOT want you to include evidence of joint life together. Bring it to the interview.

Rene
Old Jan 31st 2017, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

chris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You did the right thing. When the I-130 is filed in the USA, they want you to include evidence of joint life together. When the I-130 is filed directly to London, they do NOT want you to include evidence of joint life together. Bring it to the interview.

Rene
Phew. Thanks Noorah!
Old Feb 1st 2017, 4:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Chris, I moved your mortgage questions to the general USA forum.

Rene
Old Feb 1st 2017, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

chris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond repute

Would anybody happen to have a step by step guide to what processes I need to follow to get sorted once we arrive in the US with the immigrant visa. I.e obtaining SSN, Green Card etc. I've no idea what I need to get or where.

Cheers y'all
Old Feb 1st 2017, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Chris, I moved your mortgage questions to the general USA forum.

Rene
Thanks Rene, thats great
Old Feb 1st 2017, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Would anybody happen to have a step by step guide to what processes I need to follow to get sorted once we arrive in the US with the immigrant visa. I.e obtaining SSN, Green Card etc.
People write about such things all the time... all you need to do is look for and read previous posts. Note that parts of your question don't deal with immigration (eg. SSN) so this might not be the best forum for such questions.

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2017, 11:29 pm

Would anybody happen to have a step by step guide to what processes I need to follow to get sorted once we arrive in the US with the immigrant visa. I.e obtaining SSN, Green Card etc. I've no idea what I need to get or where.

Cheers y'all
If you check the box on the immigrant visa application that asks if you want a SSN assigned, you should automatically get the card in the mail about a month after arrival. If it doesn't arrive in the mail, you'll have to go to a SS office and apply in person.

After you get approved at the visa interview, there will be a "permanent resident card production" fee to be paid. Upon entry to the USA, your visa will be endorsed with an I-551 stamp (equivalent to a green card), valid for 1 year. Your plastic green card will come in the mail within a few weeks.

Rene
Old Feb 10th 2017, 10:05 am
Been there, done that

devoted2him3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andy,

You don't need them for the i130 filing, you don't need them done until your interview. I didn't have the Medical Records or Police ACRO before I filed but I ran out of things to prep once I posted the i130 so felt the urge to get started on the stuff I would need for the interview which is the Medical Records and Police ACRO report. I'm going to fill out the i864 Affidavit of Support this week so i'm all prepped.

The ACRO Report takes about 10 days on standard service but its valid for 6 months from issue for the purpose of visa application and the medical records should take about 2 weeks, I went down to my local GP and ordered them up, it cost £50 and they will call me to collect it when its ready, it will all come on one CD which i'll take with me to the interview.

So timings wise its going along.
Hi Chris, following your story as we've just sent off our I-130!

I supposed I wanted to throw this question out to the moderators and experts... regarding your medical exam, I was under the impression that you can only have the medical done by the Embassy's doctor (for a hefty fee too!). This was certainly the case when we went through this process 9 years ago and I found this online: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/immig...examination-2/. Just wanted to check before I follow suit! Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 10th 2017, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by devoted2him3
Hi Chris, following your story as we've just sent off our I-130!

I supposed I wanted to throw this question out to the moderators and experts... regarding your medical exam, I was under the impression that you can only have the medical done by the Embassy's doctor (for a hefty fee too!). This was certainly the case when we went through this process 9 years ago and I found this online: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/immig...examination-2/. Just wanted to check before I follow suit! Thanks in advance!
Yep, the medical examination for the UK must be performed by Knightsbridge doctors in London.

However, the vaccinations required can be done by anywhere that will give you a note confirming that you take with you to the medical.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

i130 Petition Sent - 13/1/17
Medical Records Requested - 17/1/17
Police ACRO Report Requested - 17/1/17
i130 Petition Received (Post Office Tracked) - 17/1/17
USCIS Email Confirming Receipt - 20/1/17
Medical Records CD Collected from GP - 23/1/17
Police ACRO Certificate Arrived - 26/1/17
i130 Approval Arrived - 27/3/2017 (Dated 25/3/17)

Now just waiting for that LND Number to arrive so we can get appointment booking!
Old Mar 31st 2017, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Now just waiting for that LND Number to arrive so we can get appointment booking!
Exciting! Congratulations, and good luck on the next leg!
Old Mar 31st 2017, 4:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Remember you also need to book your medical appointment with the Knightsbridge medical office. This needs to be done and received by the US Embassy before your interview appointment.
Old May 29th 2017, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,

So, the day has arrived! I have my interview tomorrow. Just wanted to (for my own sanity) go through what I have ready to go.

I have:-

Appointment Email Printed
Passport
Birth Cert - & Copy
Marriage Cert - & Copy
ACRO Cert - & Copy
2 x 2'x2' Pictures
Completed, Printed & Signed i864
Wife 2016 1040 Tax Return & 2555 Foreign Income Forms
Copy of DS260 From - (Wasn't specified but taking anyway)

Anything obvious im missing?

Also, should I be ok taking my mobile phone, house keys and wallet with me (maybe headphones)

Many thanks

(Nervous) Chris
Old May 30th 2017, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

aless02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

So, the day has arrived! I have my interview tomorrow. Just wanted to (for my own sanity) go through what I have ready to go.

I have:-

Appointment Email Printed
Passport
Birth Cert - & Copy
Marriage Cert - & Copy
ACRO Cert - & Copy
2 x 2'x2' Pictures
Completed, Printed & Signed i864
Wife 2016 1040 Tax Return & 2555 Foreign Income Forms
Copy of DS260 From - (Wasn't specified but taking anyway)

Anything obvious im missing?

Also, should I be ok taking my mobile phone, house keys and wallet with me (maybe headphones)

Many thanks

(Nervous) Chris
I think people advise taking your own copy of your I-130 just in case you need to reference it, but this isn't technically required.

Wife's passport is needed too, I believe. And proof of intent to re-establish domicile. Where is your money coming from? Need proof of that, too, if it's yours.
Old May 30th 2017, 12:18 pm

The USC's passport is not required.

He's got a completed I-864 which I assume shows either enough income from the same source continuing in the USA, or enough in assets to make up the difference. Any financial proof would be in the I-864 package.

Rene