Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help Please with Consular GC Processing!!

Help Please with Consular GC Processing!!

Old Feb 27th 2004, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

saha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Please with Consular GC Processing!!

My wife is here ( from India) with K3 visa.

Her I-130 also got approved......

Can any one advise me if it would be faster to have her Green Card process in India rather doing the AOS in Detorit (since she is planning to pay visit to her family)?

Is BSIS still going to send her paper work to the consulate India for her Green Card to be processed (though she is already here is USA)?

If not then should we contact the Consulate with the approved letter to have her Green card processed in India?

Thank you for help.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 3:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please with Consular GC Processing!!

Saha,

You found out that the I-130 was approved how? From the USCIS Status Online, or from receipt of the Notice of Approval?

The USCIS will send the approved petition to the National Visa Center (NVC) - have you received a notice from the NVC yet? When you do, it should contain some instructions for you as to what your wife needs to do if she wants to apply for the immigrant visa at the consulate in India.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by saha
My wife is here ( from India) with K3 visa.

Her I-130 also got approved......

Can any one advise me if it would be faster to have her Green Card process in India rather doing the AOS in Detorit (since she is planning to pay visit to her family)?

Is BSIS still going to send her paper work to the consulate India for her Green Card to be processed (though she is already here is USA)?

If not then should we contact the Consulate with the approved letter to have her Green card processed in India?

Thank you for help.