HELP!!! not sure what to do

HELP!!! not sure what to do

Old Apr 19th 2006, 1:06 pm

Default HELP!!! not sure what to do

So a little info first...my fiancee has just recieved his #3 packet
from the embassy in Kingston Jamaica....after that it all seems
confusing to me what needs to filled out and sent in ect...so i am
guessing he needs to send on the ds230? so he can get a interview time
and go for medical...than what papers does he need to bring with him??
what questions will he be asked...do i need to send in the aff. of
support as well or send it to him to take to the interview...i am just
confused and a royal mess of knots...i am just so worried that
something isn't going to go right...HELP!!!!!!

thanks

Shauna

Old Apr 19th 2006, 3:37 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!!! not sure what to do

Originally Posted by [email protected]

thanks

Shauna

It's been a while since we went through the K1 process, and even then it was through London. But, to be on the safe side, have your fiance bring originals of whatever you copied and submitted with your I-129F petition, including photos. In addition, he needs to bring his police certificate(s), the affidavit of support (which you're going send him), plus anything else mentioned in the K1 package (passport photos, visa application fee, etc.).

I'm not sure how the K1 medical is done in Jamaica, but I'm sure he'll need to bring some sort of receipt to show that it's been done and that he's clear health-wise to emigrate.

The K1 package instructions should make it clear what he needs to do. Is there something specifically in the instructions that you are not sure about?

~ Jenney
Old Apr 19th 2006, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
It's been a while since we went through the K1 process, and even then it was through London. But, to be on the safe side, have your fiance bring originals of whatever you copied and submitted with your I-129F petition, including photos. In addition, he needs to bring his police certificate(s), the affidavit of support (which you're going send him), plus anything else mentioned in the K1 package (passport photos, visa application fee, etc.).

I'm not sure how the K1 medical is done in Jamaica, but I'm sure he'll need to bring some sort of receipt to show that it's been done and that he's clear health-wise to emigrate.

The K1 package instructions should make it clear what he needs to do. Is there something specifically in the instructions that you are not sure about?

~ Jenney

Is it not up to him to read the instructions, he is the one going to the interview.

I did rad that Jamaica automatically do a drug test as part of the medical, but otherwise it is pretty similar to everywhere else.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 3:49 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Is it not up to him to read the instructions, he is the one going to the interview.
Perhaps this is a case where the foreign fiancee read the instructions, wasn't completely understanding them, and asked his USC fiancee to help find clarification for him.

Speaking only for myself, even though I wasn't the one going through the K1 interview, I still wanted to understand the process and requirements myself, because it was as much about me as it was about him. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 19th 2006, 4:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Perhaps this is a case where the foreign fiancee read the instructions, wasn't completely understanding them, and asked his USC fiancee to help find clarification for him.

Speaking only for myself, even though I wasn't the one going through the K1 interview, I still wanted to understand the process and requirements myself, because it was as much about me as it was about him. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

~ Jenney
Yep, I agree. Sadegh's instructions were all in English, so no way he could follow them. I read them and explained it all to him. Nothing wrong with that.

Shauna, each embassy is a bit different in their instructions, so hearing about Jenney's experience in the UK, or my experience in Turkey, might be helpful but not exact for your situation. Have your fiance fax you the instructions that came with Packet 3, so you can see exactly what they require. Some places want only a checklist back, some places want actual completed forms back first, before making an interview appointment. I don't know what Jamaica requires.

In general, though, when your fiance goes to the interview, he should bring originals of anything you sent with the I-129F, the original I-134, original proof of your ongoing relationship, original pictures of the two of you together, originals of his passport, birth certificate, police report, and any other items required in the instructions.

Try doing a search for the US Embassy in Jamaica website, they might have instructions printed there as well.

Good luck and Best Wishes,
Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 19th 2006 at 4:31 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

I guess it is all a question of perspective, but there does seem a lot of posts form the USC when it is the non USC who you would have thought would be primarily interested.

My wife filled in the initial petition for K1, and went to the AOS interview, and that's about it. Not interested in the details otherwise and I could not think of any particular reason why she should be.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Shauna – sounds like you’re get more easily overwhelmed than you need to. Just take a deep breath and break things down in steps.

Even your post made me tired reading it (-:

I don’t understand which part is confusing to you.

Has he read thru the packet – it clearly states what forms he needs to take with him.

Most importantly, he needs to get his police report done and his medical. He can get this much in advance of the interview.

And yes, he will need to have the aff of support with him when he goes to the interview. Are you going to the interview with him?

As far as what ?’s will be asked – no one can tell you for certain because everyone’s case differs. I don’t know if he’s had any minor scrapes with the law, children he’d be leaving behind or if you all have only met 1 time. All of these things affect the questions that might be asked. Outside of that – just the basic general immigration things will be asked that you can imagine. When did you meet – how did you meet - etc, etc.

I went thru and looked up some posts I’d given to another girl who was going thru the process with her fiance some time ago. I didn’t know exactly what you were asking so here's a couple of the links that you can read thru - maybe they'll be helpful.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189688

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...71#post1054371

If anything here is useful to you, great. If not, disregard it. If you have any specific questions, let me know. Also, have you done a search on this board on “JAMAICA”? Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by [email protected]

thanks

Shauna
Old Apr 19th 2006, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2v...plication.html

Read and digest.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:10 am

thanks for all the help!!! i was just asking so i know what is going
on and what to expect...

Shauna

Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:47 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I guess it is all a question of perspective, but there does seem a lot of posts form the USC when it is the non USC who you would have thought would be primarily interested.

My wife filled in the initial petition for K1, and went to the AOS interview, and that's about it. Not interested in the details otherwise and I could not think of any particular reason why she should be.

And I can counter that by stating that Jim knows absolutely nothing about immigration to the US and being a US citizen. He is one today only because I handled all the documentation for him, both in the US and in Canada. Some people just aren't comfortable dealing with paperwork and governments.

For the OP, the packet he received will have a checklist in it. Normally it does. There is a checklist which tells him all the documents he will need to have in order to schedule an interview. He ticks off the documents as he has them and then mails the checklist back to the US Consulate. They in turn will give him an appointment for the K-1 interview. Yes he needs to take the Affidavit of Support with him to the interview unless otherwise stated by the Consulate.

Check with the FAQ at www.visajourney.com
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
And I can counter that by stating that Jim knows absolutely nothing about immigration to the US and being a US citizen. He is one today only because I handled all the documentation for him, both in the US and in Canada. Some people just aren't comfortable dealing with paperwork and governments.
High Five! ^^^^^ LOL Pretty much all Sadegh did was write the statement of intent letter for the I-129F, sign whatever docs needed his signature, and got his adit photos. Even for his police report, I went with him and helped him argue with the Turkish court that he DOES indeed need one! He sometimes says...wow...sometimes I wonder how I even got here! LOL

Rene
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:21 am
I'm back!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
High Five! ^^^^^ LOL Pretty much all Sadegh did was write the statement of intent letter for the I-129F, sign whatever docs needed his signature, and got his adit photos. Even for his police report, I went with him and helped him argue with the Turkish court that he DOES indeed need one! He sometimes says...wow...sometimes I wonder how I even got here! LOL

Rene

Same experience here. For our "joint" I-751 petition to remove the conditions from Mark's green card, all he did was get his photo taken and sign the petition. I did everything else: Collected all the supporting documentation covering the past two years; ordered tax transcripts of our joint tax returns; sorted through all our photos to find good ones to include; write and sign the cover letter; created a "table of contents" and created tabs for the separate sections; punched holes at the top of every page; signed the check and put it all neatly in a folder. Oh -- and took it to the post office to send it off via return receipt!

If Mark's photos and signature weren't needed, I would've had the thing done a month ago. And just getting him to get the photos taken -- ONE THING!! -- was a major hassle. :rollseyes:

~ Jenney
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:19 pm
Mh

In article <[email protected]> ,
Boiler <member22431@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >> Perhaps this is a case where the foreign fiancee read the
    >> instructions, wasn't completely understanding them, and asked his USC
    >> fiancee to help find clarification for him.
    >> Speaking only for myself, even though I wasn't the one going through
    >> the K1 interview, I still wanted to understand the process and
    >> requirements myself, because it was as much about me as it was about
    >> him. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
    >> ~ Jenney
    >I guess it is all a question of perspective, but there does seem a lot
    >of posts form the USC when it is the non USC who you would have thought
    >would be primarily interested.

In our case, I'm the non-USC, and I did most of the paperwork. My wife
filled in the forms I told her to fill in, sign where I told her to sign,
etc.. Guess it helps that I have a reasonably good memory and had the time
to read up on all this..

MH