Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

help me please ... asked for another interview?

help me please ... asked for another interview?

Old May 7th 2006, 11:18 pm
Lucky

Default help me please ... asked for another interview?

hi,
i m from australia came here on 3 months eantree.
i met my wife online . last year i been here 4 times and me and my wife decided to get married last dec.so we did and for me to stay here we applied for my green card we did and now i got my interview was on the 3rd of may we took our marrige picts and we did our marrige in a chaple and didnt have very many friends for marrige.
so didnt have very many shavy pits to show to uscis but we had our lease together we have my car insurance together and one month old accout we took all that but the officer was not very satisfied and told us that they will call us for another interview they have to interivew us saprately. can someone tell us how to prepare us for that interview . anyone been to that interview? one more thing i was married and devorced like 7 yrs back but i did have one conviction with my ex wife domistic which i never disclose and the officer told me that they dont have poice clearnce form australia i said i dont know . they are getting that aswell .... plz help me on this topic.

---
posted via:
http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/

Old May 7th 2006, 11:32 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help me please ... asked for another interview?

Originally Posted by Lucky
hi,
i m from australia came here on 3 months eantree.
i met my wife online . last year i been here 4 times and me and my wife decided to get married last dec.so we did and for me to stay here we applied for my green card we did and now i got my interview was on the 3rd of may we took our marrige picts and we did our marrige in a chaple and didnt have very many friends for marrige.
so didnt have very many shavy pits to show to uscis but we had our lease together we have my car insurance together and one month old accout we took all that but the officer was not very satisfied and told us that they will call us for another interview they have to interivew us saprately. can someone tell us how to prepare us for that interview . anyone been to that interview? one more thing i was married and devorced like 7 yrs back but i did have one conviction with my ex wife domistic which i never disclose and the officer told me that they dont have poice clearnce form australia i said i dont know . they are getting that aswell .... plz help me on this topic.

---
posted via:
http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/
Time to consult a competent immigration attorney. With all your issues I'm surprised you embarked on all this without doing so first...
Old May 7th 2006, 11:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

...the officer was not very satisfied and told us that they will call us for another interview they have to interivew us saprately. can someone tell us how to prepare us for that interview.
There really isn't anything to *prepare* for that interview. Just answer all the questions honestly. If you don't know the answer, it's ok to say "I don't know". If you don't understand a question, have it repeated until you do understand it, instead of trying to guess what it means.

...but i did have one conviction with my ex wife domistic which i never disclose...
Always, always, disclose everything on your immigration paperwork!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 8th 2006, 12:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

As stated by Elivra, Hire an Immigration Attorney. You have a criminal history and you have been requested to attend a second interview for adjustment of status.

The evidence you brought with you, i.e. pix and joint car insurance, and bank account would normally be sufficient evidence.

I don't mean to be judgmental but I wonder from the many grammatical errors and incorrect spellings in your post if perhaps being a citizen of Australian is your second country of citizenship and that perhaps you were born, raised and schooled in another country other than Australia. If this thought is correct what country might that have been? It might be one of the underlying reasons why you are being asked for a second interview.

Also what was the tone of the evidence? What he hostile, what questions did he ask of you, was the fact that you entered under the VWP and married and stayed an issue and were you asked about this?

Just trying to get some additional facts from you about your "case".

Rete
Old May 8th 2006, 12:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... i did have one conviction with my ex wife domistic which i never disclose...
Y'see this bit right here? This is a big part of the problem. Get a lawyer, and get one right now. Normally, I'd wish you good luck but... I don't think it's going to help.

Ian
Old May 8th 2006, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Ok - I'm going to say it ...

For me, I'm amazed at some of the questions people ask in comparison to the situation they're getting themselves into. Re the OP - baffles me it isn't obvious them that they need some real legal guidance - or should have sought it from the get go?

Grown folk, getting ready to change countries, take on a new spouse and a new life ... it's amazing to me that they seemingly put so little effort into research for this process.

Not saying there's anything wrong with newbie questions - heavens knows I've had a few not saying people should only make queries that suit me ... but I've read people (people who have computers now - obviously because they're on this board) ask how to track their cases, questions for directions, ask whether they should Fed Ex/return sig mail something or send it regular US mail, post the most complicated case one could imagine and ask if they should get a lawyer, ask if they should disclose a past conviction or other trouble w/the law. I read on here the other day, someone actually said there there was a shortage of lawyers where they lived. I'll leave it to the atty's on that one but is that true? In THIS country? Could there ever possibly be a shortage of lawyers - even immigration attys? (yeah - I guess there could be)

"Is this board getting cryptic or not."

Can't recall who said this the other day (-:

Not that I was trying to be cryptic on that post some time back, it's just that some things that are so glaringly obvious to me, others are mystified by it. To me, it's frightening to think that one would embark on such a serious undertaking and do so little and simple leg work, homework, reading on the situation! Am I the only one who feels this way?

Ok - jumped of the soapbox. Not trying to be judgemental - I guess that's why resources like this exists thankfully.

Question - do you think we were all so lacking in knowledge when WE started down this road??

Just a random honest thought gang!

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Y'see this bit right here? This is a big part of the problem. Get a lawyer, and get one right now. Normally, I'd wish you good luck but... I don't think it's going to help.

Ian
Old May 8th 2006, 1:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janadeen
Question - do you think we were all so lacking in knowledge when WE started down this road??

Just a random honest thought gang!
I was totally lacking any immigration knowledge at all when I thought of starting the process. That's why I first consulted (and hired) an immigration attorney. She pointed me in the right direction, and filed my I-129F for me. Then I found this forum, and all the other wealth of information out there on the net. After doing my own research, I realized I can easily do the forms myself, so I let the attorney go, and did it on my own. Thankfully, we had no problems, and this forum was a HUGE help.

Rene
Old May 8th 2006, 1:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I was totally lacking any immigration knowledge at all when I thought of starting the process. That's why I first consulted (and hired) an immigration attorney. She pointed me in the right direction, and filed my I-129F for me. Then I found this forum, and all the other wealth of information out there on the net. After doing my own research, I realized I can easily do the forms myself, so I let the attorney go, and did it on my own. Thankfully, we had no problems, and this forum was a HUGE help.

Rene
Similar situation, my wife did have a consultation with a lawyer, mainly because she could not believe how long it takes.

Lawyers suggestion was to come on VWP and adjust!
Old May 8th 2006, 2:33 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Lawyers suggestion was to come on VWP and adjust!
David, you're a bad widdle boy!!!
Old May 8th 2006, 2:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nettlebed
David, you're a bad widdle boy!!!
Not totally bad, did not follow that advice.
Old May 8th 2006, 3:27 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Not totally bad, did not follow that advice.
My reply was about your comment, not your conduct...
Old May 8th 2006, 3:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nettlebed
My reply was about your comment, not your conduct...
Fair enough.

My impression is that would be the expected advise from the majority of lawyers in these circumstances.

Behind closed doors.
Old May 8th 2006, 4:04 am

Fair enough.

My impression is that would be the expected advise from the majority of lawyers in these circumstances.

Behind closed doors.
Since my fiance wasn't eligible to use the VWP, I asked the attorney, behind closed doors, if he could come on a tourist visa and then we could get married and he could stay here. (At the time, I had no idea what was OK and what wasn't.....and being Iranian, my fiance wasn't likely to get a tourist visa anyway....but I had to ask!) Her answer was, "USCIS frowns on that, and it's not the best way to proceed."

Rene
Old May 8th 2006, 4:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Since my fiance wasn't eligible to use the VWP, I asked the attorney, behind closed doors, if he could come on a tourist visa and then we could get married and he could stay here. (At the time, I had no idea what was OK and what wasn't.....and being Iranian, my fiance wasn't likely to get a tourist visa anyway....but I had to ask!) Her answer was, "USCIS frowns on that, and it's not the best way to proceed."

Rene
We need a poll.
Old May 8th 2006, 4:14 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

one more thing i was married and devorced like 7 yrs back but i did have one conviction with my ex wife domistic which i never disclose and the officer told me that they dont have poice clearnce form australia i said i dont know . they are getting that aswell .... plz help me on this topic.
You have a conviction for domestic violence? was the offence in Australia? and you did NOT disclose this?

Uh oh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.