Reload this Page >

Help, Marriage Question!!!

Wikiposts

Help, Marriage Question!!!

Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:03 am
Just Joined

mr oliver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help, Marriage Question!!!

I am visiting my fiance in 9 days time and we thought about the possiblity of getting married during my visit. Can someone help and let us know if there is a legal way for us to do so.

TY
Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:08 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help, Marriage Question!!!

Originally posted by mr oliver
I am visiting my fiance in 9 days time and we thought about the possiblity of getting married during my visit. Can someone help and let us know if there is a legal way for us to do so.

TY

It's legal to get married. The trouble occurs if you try to stay.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Leslie66
It's legal to get married. The trouble occurs if you try to stay.
No, I plan on coming back to finish my degree, then hopefully go back in the summer. So that would be ok?
Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:11 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

mr o,

There is a legal way to get married anywhere. Find the requirements for marriage in the venue of your choice and follow them.

Is your question really about getting married legally, or is there something more to it?

Regards, JEff

TY
Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
mr o,

There is a legal way to get married anywhere. Find the requirements for marriage in the venue of your choice and follow them.

Is your question really about getting married legally, or is there something more to it?

Regards, JEff
we just don't want to break any immigration laws or jeopardise anything.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:20 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

we just don't want to break any immigration laws or jeapardise anything.
Your best bet would probably be to bring any kind of paperwork that would show that you intend to return back to your home country to finish your degree (in case the immigration officer has any doubts).
I'm not too familiar with the K3 spouse route, but I would imagine that you would file for it after you get married to ensure that you can return in the summer. Go to the USCIS website (www.uscis.gov) to get the needed papers and make sure you research everything some more!
Old Jan 27th 2004, 1:10 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

mr o,

Getting married doesn't break any immigration laws. Some other things might (or might not), but I see that you've addressed that already.

Happy nuptuals.

Regards, JEff

Old Jan 27th 2004, 2:44 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

mr o,

Getting married doesn't break any immigration laws. Some other things might (or might not), but I see that you've addressed that already.

Happy nuptuals.

Regards, JEff
Not to be pedantic, but I'm sure you meant "Happy nuptials." ;-)
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Miss O. is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone.

I did a lot of research on this last night & I'm quite sure that we won't break any immigration laws. I have the I-129F ready to go, in case we decide not to.

mr o,

Happy nuptuals.

Regards, JEff
Old Feb 19th 2004, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Going the K-1 route instead. Mailed out the petition today!!

*waits*
Old Feb 19th 2004, 11:48 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

TY
Hey TY

It is ok for you to visit your fiancee and get married, the trouble comes when you try to stay
Old Feb 19th 2004, 11:52 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

For K3:
http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm#step%209

For K1:
http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm#outline

For more updated information go to

http://uscis.gov/graphics/faqsgen.htm#marriage

Old Feb 19th 2004, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Thanks a lot Hyperweeky..... we decided to apply for the fiance visa instead. This is Miss Oliver.

I mailed the petition to Vermont today and we're hoping for a summer wedding!

Old Feb 19th 2004, 12:00 pm

Originally posted by Miss O.
Thanks a lot Hyperweeky..... we decided to apply for the fiance visa instead. This is Miss Oliver.

I mailed the petition to Vermont today and we're hoping for a summer wedding!
CONGRATS on your engagement
You already mailed the petition? Wow that was quick!
You are lucky you are going thru Vermont, My friend Sibsie got approved in 7 days!, It usually takes 1-2 months though, I am sure you will have your wedding by Summer, Vermont rocks!!
Take care
Old Feb 19th 2004, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
CONGRATS on your engagement
You already mailed the petition? Wow that was quick!
You are lucky you are going thru Vermont, My friend Sibsie got approved in 7 days!, It usually takes 1-2 months though, I am sure you will have your wedding by Summer, Vermont rocks!!
Take care
Thank you. We were already engaged... but were thinking about getting married while he was visiting last week.

Yes, from some of the posts I've read here, I see that I'm very fortunate to be going through Vermont.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.