Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help with K1 visa, affidavit of support part

Help with K1 visa, affidavit of support part

Old May 20th 2009, 6:42 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with K1 visa, affidavit of support part

gcUK,

Get an I-134 from which ever of them can and will sponsor you.

It's not at all clear whether a K non-immigrant can have multiple sponsors, if neither parent can sponsor you on their own the consular officer may possibly tell you to find someone who can.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by grindcoreUK
My USC fiancee's parents are still married but currently live at separate address. They are very close family all the same just their own personal arrangement. Her mother works in the medical industry and her father at as in the cooking industry at a private school there, this I puts them above the poverty line which I checked. Should I get a I-134 from each of them because they are living separate.
Old May 20th 2009, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

grindcoreUK is an unknown quantity at this point

is the I-134 that you can get from the official USI website valid to be filled in. i.e I could print it and take it with me when I visit?
Old May 20th 2009, 7:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

is the I-134 that you can get from the official USI website valid to be filled in. i.e I could print it and take it with me when I visit?
You mean print a blank one, and give it to the parent to hand-fill in? Yes, that's fine.

Rene
Old May 20th 2009, 7:06 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

the what?

the official USI website
Old May 20th 2009, 7:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you're looking at this I-134: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Rene